Unitl I Break

Chapter 13:Goons

PAST

Thank god that the second day of the tour was a traveling day because no one was functional. Seville awoke with a buzz, confused as to why she was crammed into the bunk with a snoring Claire and drooling Gina, who still had a beer bottle resting in one of her hands. Apparently they had had more fun than she remembered. The bus was a symphony of snores. Between Claire, Ryan, Jack, and few of the other guys on the bus it sounded as if they were in a den of sleeping bears, all of which would be very very groggy when they awoke. Seville slid carefully from the bunk luckily she was on the outside edge, and made her way to the small seating area near the driver.

“Hello,” Seville mumbled friendlily

“Well well, look who’s up you guys must have had one hell of a night last night.”

“Too be honest I don’t remember much of it…”

“I don’t know what you were drinking last night but it’d probably help you function if you had some more, there’s a few beers in the fridge, you know what they say, you gotta drink the drink that bit ya.”

“Oh man you are a god,” Seville said reaching for the fridge. The bus was trashed there were bottles and pop cans and cigarette butts and clothes all over, the place was an absolute disaster; they must have had a good time.
“On second thought I better not…” Seville said realizing that she hadn’t taken her meds in two days and that she really ought to; alcohol not exactly being what the doctor prescribed she decided to pass on the beer.

“well if you’d prefer, I got some frappicinos hidden in a cooler under the bench seating if you want some… ”

Seville dove at the cooler, “You really are a god…umm ….I’m sorry what’s your name?”

“Name’s Tom, but the most people call me Thor. And you are?” he said.

“Seville, most people call me Seville,” she said with an edge.

“Well Seville it’s nice to meet you; Now don’t go telling anyone else about my stash kay?”

“You got it Thor, your secret is safe with me, so where are we heading exactly?”

“Pennsylvania, the land of cheese steaks…”

“And chocolate, “mumbled a voice coming from the back, as Gina stepped forward and begun digging through the bus cupboards, “Where the hell is the aspirin?”

“the boys on the other bus came and stole it this morning before we took off.”

“Kill…” she said wearily throwing her fist into the cushion of the couch she had just burrowed into. “Hardcore Thor why did you let them take the aspirin? Why? tell me why?”

“Gina have you ever seen Bert and his boys with out aspirin after a night like that?”

“Good point…. But you can explain that to Jack,”

“He’ll get over it…in a few hours,” Thor replied sending all three of them into a low roar of laughter, suddenly Gina stopped, and stared at the half full frappacino sitting in Seville’s hand, “Hey where did you get that?!”

Seville quite sipping and stretched her arm out to hand it to Gina, “Want some?” Gina grabbed it, “Oh God Seville, you are a life saver! Seriously why haven’t you toured before? Because Honestly I think I love you..” she said taking a sip, then attempted to hand it back to Seville who merely shook her head as if to say Gina could have the rest.

“So if you love Seville here, how exactly do you describe your feeling for that boy you were rolllin about on the ground last night with?” Thor asked pokingly.

“Oh well, that…” Gina smiled, she had a gorgeous smile anyone would notice, from ear to ear and all teeth, she raised her eyebrows and replied, “well that’s just me being friendly Thor, and we were only making out.” Knowing damn well it was probably a little more than what friends might consider kosher.

“You never got that friendly with me?” Thor said in a saddened voice with fake sniffles.

“That’s because you already know you’re my favorite!” Gina said standing quickly, then sitting right back down, quickly, “Maybe I’ll sit a little longer,”

“yeah you do that,” Seville said laughing, Thor letting out a slight chuckle too.
Several hours later Thor pulled the bus up to the venue, and instantaneously everything was set into action; the drones that had had finally awoken from their drunken slumber rolled out of the bunks and onto the pavement. John really wasn’t kidding when he said it’d be comical watching everyone work, because despite their throbbing heads, and for many the still spinning room, they had business to do. Gina, and Claire set up the merch area for about a million bands, which was hysterical because Claire seemed to have no hangover or buzz what so ever, so she was all perky and excited while Gina was struggling to function. All of which Seville would have found funny if she too hadn’t been suffering from the previous nights events, as she tried to help establish the main stage and link up all the sound equipment. It was around five-o-clock that most everything that could be set up the day before was set up, and Seville was beginning to realize she hadn’t eaten in two days. When she told Claire, Claire said that half the time she would forget to even go to the bathroom they got so busy.

It was just about then that the bands began getting restless and sought out their hard working roadies. As Claire helped Seville finish connecting the last amp to the soundboard a giant posse of guys made their way towards them. It seemed Frank was attempting hitch a piggyback ride from Ray who was just not having it, Mikey was furiously rocking out to whatever he was blasting through his CD player (no ipods yet ) Gerard and Dustin from WOJ were laughing about something while Candace was punching? Matt. What a bunch of goons….. (hahaha goons)