Unitl I Break

Chapter 15: bloodletting

“Hey Dustin, you should come party with us, we’ve got a ton a beer back at the bus.” Bert said before parting ways with Dustin who was heading off towards the techie bus to drop the very intoxicated Seville

“Yeah Definitely… I’m just gonna make sure Seville’s okay? Alright? I’ll meet you guys over there.”

“Dude, don’t mother her she’s a big girl, shell be okay.” Bert said walking backwards towards his bus.

“Don’t worry ill be there in minute I just….”

“whatever you say ….. mother dustin..” Bert said laughing at Dustin’s expense

Dustin rolled his eyes and carried Seville onto the tech bus. AS he pulled her from his shoulder she woke enough to crawl into the bunk, “Thanks Dusty.”

She said as he pulled the covers around her. He was a friend, to the truest meaning of the word. They had grown up together and had been through the best and worst of times. It was Dustin she would run to when she was teased for being overweight as a kid.

Dustin knew when they were little though that she was a great person, fun and outspoken yet fragile, but very opinionated, and just Seville. So they spent their years watching movies like Edward scissorhands and nightmare before Christmas, all the cult classics, together, they learned to play their instruments together. Seville was the one who talked Dustin into starting a band. Dustin remained her friend when she thought it’d be funny to make him think she’d lost his skateboard, after he had let her borrow it one day, and she did actually lose it, it had been his pride and joy.; but then again she merely laughed , well she laughed a week later, when Dustin decided to untie her bathing suit top in front of a guy she liked. Despite all their pranks and mini-tiffs they were always there for one another, dustin the protector, Seville the life of the party.

As Ville lost weight and boys started asking her out, Dustin was her shoulder to cry on after each heartbreak. When Dustin wanted to tour, it was Seville that managed to raise enough money for the band to by a van and start touring. But when Dustin did finally make it into the music scene, and Seville headed off for college there was less and less time for them to just chill.

One day she called out of the blue, sobbing.

Though, he couldn’t manage a word from her sobs he knew she needed him; so he left his band in the middle of a tour and flew to New York, where Seville was going to school. He arrived at her apartment, music blaring from within, no answer to his knocks on the door, he kicked the door in to he find Seville on the floor, a pool of blood seeping from her wrists. Dustin got her to the hospital just in time, as it was the doctors had no idea how she was even alive, she had lost so much blood.
When Dustin called home to try and tell her mother he found out why she had done what she had, why she had wanted to do this to herself. Her mother and sister had been killed in a car accident that morning, just as her father had when she was little. To Seville, her mother and sister had been everything…Dustin too had thought of Ville’s mom as his own. She was one of those mom’s that was more like a best friend, but still a mom. He had sank into a hospital chair reflecting on the loss. Hell it was seville’s mom who had bought them their first fake ID’s so they could get into a concert at a 21 and over bar when they were 16. It was her mom that made sure Dustin had a place to go when his dad had kicked him out because he had gotten a tattoo. Dustin had dated her sister Morgan, for the longest time, despite Seville’s dislike. In turn he had loved Morgan, she had been so much like her sister but, different she had the thing that made his heart race; but she did that for a lot of men, and in the end, it was she that broke Dustin’s heart, and Seville who, even though she had warned him, did not remind him that she told him so when he broke down. When Seville woke up, Dustin made sure she got help, forced her to come with him, he couldn’t leave her alone. So she went with him, touring in that same small cramped van she had managed to get for them.

That was years ago, but dustin knew she still wasn’t whole. Being back in the town shed grown up in was killing her, with every face that shed seen in her childhood, came a memory of the family shed never see again. Yet, Dustin knew shed be okay one day, after all she knew all on her own that she needed to get out f there, that’s why shed gotten a job touring.

Before he left to head over to the used party he grabbed a trash can and sit at the edge of her bunk, he had a feeling shed be needing it.

Over at the party, though things were just getting started, you’d never had been able to geuss it. There had to be at least fifty some people standing about the bus, drinking dancing having a good time. Girls had appeared from nowhere, it seemed Bert had done some planning of his own. Dustin found Candace easily enough, she was standing onto of the bus, screamed at everyone below, and just as the music reached its pinnacle, she dove into the crowd.

“that’s Candace for you, crazy lifer.” he thought to himself.

He headed towards the kegs only to find little Claire and Gina to being chanted onto finishing two of the biggest beer bongs he’d ever seen in his life, both of which they finished off as pros.

“Claire Claire Claire!” half the audience yelled

“G NA G Na!” the rest added

They finished at almost exactly the same instance, ripped the tubes away and gave each other hardcore high fives. Claire fell backwards after having met Gina’s hand, but Ray was right there to catch her. She raised her hand to his face; his to hers, both with open mouths began kissing feverishly.

Of course, the kiss was ensued by a loud and obnoxious “OOOOOOOOO” by the surrounding drunkards. Moments later Gina and Frank were doing the same, only Dustin was pretty sure those two were going to need a room soon as Frank’s hands were finding their way up her shirt, and hers to his belt buckle.

A laugh, “good for them,” Dustin thought to himself. On the bus he found Gerard and Bert who quickly got Dustin some hard liquor and incorporated him into the sing-song story telling. Together the three of them got even more shit faced than the night before.
They jumped off the bus and joined in the dancing that was going on outside. Candace and Jack were dancing as were Ray and Claire, Frank and Gina had disappeared, so the boys decided to start moshing, beating the crap out of one another; having yet again, one hell of a night.