Unitl I Break

Chapter 16:the flavor of favors

Around 4:00 Seville was awoken by the scent of coffee wafting through the air. Very groggily she opened her eyes to find John his chin rest on her bunk’s edge. His smiled, and shook the steaming coffee cup he held in his hand ever so slightly as in to tempt Seville to waking. She rolled her eyes and turned her face back into the pillow, “ugghh” she groaned. Then without removing her face from the feather pillow she stuck out her hand and reached for the cup, which John quickly pulled away, “wakey wakey lazy ass,”

“Johnnnnn” she whined like a four year old.

“Villleee, please? I know you feel like shit but I need a favor?”

“Well you missed out man, sexual favors were last night’s agenda…” she said licking her lips seductively.

“when did you get so dirty?”

“well I haven’t showered in a few days, but it could be worse,” Seville replied grabbing the fresh java from John hand at last.

“umm you wouldn’t happen to know how I got here last night?” Seville asked vaguely remembering something about bert and Gerard and her ass.

“I think Dustin brought you back, you drooled on him by the way.”

At first Seville cringed at the embarrassment, then she shrugged her shoulders, “It’s not the first time I suppose…” John looked at her with disgust, humor, and confusion, Seville carried on anyways, “so whatcha need John Boy?”

“well I was thinking that you might want to run through sound check for all the stages for me?” John rushed through his sentence cringing all the while

“WHAT?!?!?” Seville shouted, but quietly as to not wake anyone else, hitting her head on the bunk above her as she reacted in shock

“Its just that well last night Ryan had too much to drink and well he went to the hospital about an hour ago to have his stomach pumped, hell be back before the shows start, but in the mean time I have 8 stages that need to be checked before equipment can go up at 9:00.”

At this point Seville had flopped back onto her back, gazing at the ceiling of her bed while rubbing the newly formed bump on her forehead, “how the hell will I alone get 8 stages done John?”

He looked at her pleadingly, “A miracle?” he said with a big cheesy grin, “Ville if you don’t want to I’ll just…”

“No Ill do it, I’m already up, somebody has to.” Ville replied though Jon had not ceased speaking, “…get someone else, but I’d rather have you doing the check, but I understand I mean you had a rough night too….” He continued

“John,” she yelled, “JOHN!” finally getting his attention. “I said it was okay.”

Seconds later she was dressed and in the gator with John off to start sound checks.

Several hours later techies had begun to fill their positions. Checking, mic-ing, merching, that sort of thing. Again Seville was amazed by Claire lack thereof of any sort of hangover. Most hysterical though was watching Gina attempt to set up the merch tent with mad Moli yelling at her. Upon several occasions Ville could see Gina the glowworm throw a few choice hand signals Moli’s way while she wasn’t looking, or at least that’s what it seemed from the stage she was setting up nearby.

Thank god Hannah had showed up early that morning and offered to help Seville around six otherwise Ville never would have gotten to the last four stages in time. Twice they had to rearrange cording because it had been messed with during the night, probably one of the bands who thought it would be a good idea to play a midnight practice show, but whatever. So they all continued working just as they had the day before, relentlessly.

Ville finished the last stage around 7:30; with Hannah’s help they flew through the checks, now they would have to wait for the bands to wake to actually plug everything in and run final checks again, but in the mean time she was beginning to realize that she hadn’t even heard mention of any of the guys yet that morning. Figuring they were all passed out somewhere she collected several dozen frappacino’s from Thor’s stash while he wasn’t looking and went out in search of her drunken double dozen, that had apparently kept partying the night through.

Seville figured that of all the bands the used boys probably partied most heartily and that if there was going to be a party; it had probably conspired about their bus.

Sure enough…. That’s where she found them. Oddly enough a very groggy set of people were disembarking from the bus as she approached the ground strewn with empty beer bottles, cigarette butts, and few people who were not so fortunate as to make it into a bed.

“Glad to see your functioning this morning Mikey….” Seville said laughing to herself as Mikey made his way off the bus his hair on end, his glasses crocked, a dazed look on his face.
He slowly raised his head to see where the voice had come from, he saw it was Seville smiled and said, “Glad to see your functioning too miss I-can’t–hold-my-liquor…ohh you have…” Mikey paused his cynicism and pointed at the bundle of frappacinos she was carrying in her hands…

“That’s right Mikey-the-real-light-weight-who-now-really-really-wants-to-be-nice-to-seville-for-a-frappacino, I’ve got java and you’ve got a hangover, so exactly how much do you love me?” she added deviously.

Mikey stuck out his lower lip and sunk his head down in defeat, “you know me too well already, I LOSE!” he shouted throwing in a fake whimper, “can I have one now?” he said lifting his head with puppy dog eyes.

“well I don’t know Mikey, I just don’t feel the love anymore, I thought we had something special…” she commented loftily forcing Mikey to respond with a , “ But Seville!!” whine.

At this point Dustin made his way off the bus Candace and Pelissier following close behind. “I thought we were done talking about Seville’s butt…” Dustin mumbled walking over to Seville and grabbing a frappacino from her arms. She rolled her eyes and fixed her gaze upon him as he sipped the drink.

“What?!” he asked as if he’d done nothing wrong, a slight smirk slipping from the corner of his mouth as Seville turned and beckoned Mikey to have one of his own. Candace and Matt, too, did the same, as did a very strangely very alert Frank, the Fro, Mike, Jack, Jepha, Quinn, Branden, and Chris. Now a bit more awake complements of Thor’s stash the group departed each going their separate ways to prep for the morning, Candace aboard Mike’s back, back to the WOJ bus with Chris and Dustin, Frank, Mikey, Matt, and the Fro back to the cramped quarters of their van, while Jeph, Branden, and Quinn went off in search of food and smokes. Left alone with but two frappacinos, Seville sighed and clamored over the litter strewn ground onto the tour bus to awake sleeping beauties, Bert and Gerard.

She found Bert first; passed out face down butt naked on the floor near the front of the bus; how everyone else had gotten off the bus without stepping on him. Looking a bit more closely as she lowered herself to the ground to check fro signs of life she did notice a few different shoe treds etched with dirt and grim into Bert’s backside.

Seville brought her face down to match his and set her hand on his shoulder so as to slowly wake him, he looked so innocent in his sleep she thought to herself.

“Beertt…” she uttered softly as though she were waking a small child. Her voice hovered in the air as though it were sung by angels. Slowly, Bert’s eyelids lifted, fluttering to life, he groaned the utterance of a drunkard who’d had a wonderfully terrible night.

“Bert i know you feel like shit but you gotta get up buddy,” she said attempting to raise up back to her feet.

“Goddamn, Seville…” he turned back over to sleep.

“Bert, I know you feel like you just got hit by a semi but you gotta get up.”

“Ville just leave me the fuck alone,” once again bert said attempting to fall back into a sleep of stupor.

“Come on Bert you gotta get your naked ass up….please? Please don’t make this difficult Bert, Please get up for me.” Seville said grabbing his arm trying to pull Bert to his feet and to his senses.

“But I just want to lay on the floor Ville, I …I’m still spinning…” Bert said standing unsteadily.

“Dude, where are your clothes?” Seville asked shaking her head, laughing at the pale colored state of Bert’s pasty skin. “he raised his head to look at her with the most sinisterly contempt smirk Bert would ever bare, though it was most certainly not the last time this look would don itself upon his face, “like what you see, cuz I’ve got plenty to go around?” Bert said, gyrating his hips.
Eyes covered by her free hand in a playful manner, “Bert put on your clothes and quit embarrassing yourself…”

“you know you like it…” he said throwing on a shirt and some jeans that were piled on the floor. Bert then took a frappacino from Seville and did as the others had setting off to find food.

One left she thought to herself as she walked further onto the bus. She found Gerard worse off than she had found Bert. He was soaked in his own sweat, strewn on the, lying in a pool of vomit.

“please let him be okay” she thought to herself as she frantically ran to his side pulling him upright. “Gee! Gee! Wake up Gerard, wake up!”

“huh?” groaned Gee pathetically, chunks of puke still stuck to the side of his face. Ignoring the gross fluids Seville took his chin in her hand and raised his head so that she could look into his eyes which were still lolling about.

“Gee? Gerard? Can you hear me? Gerard?”

“O hey Ville…hey, where’d you come from?” he stammered out sleepily smiling all the while.
“Oh Gee…” she said somberly, saddened that she found him like that; and just like that; like a little girl who harbors a stray dog, Seville fell for Gerard, vomit and all it was something about his eyes; unfocused and blurred by the over consumption of booze and drugs that Seville was sure they had each had their fair share of that evening, the hazel hues ade her heart flutter for this man she barely knew.

“I hope you enjoyed yourself last night,” Seville said sympathetically to Gerard who was now supporting his own head.

“Oh ville I did, we did, I was like ahahh, and Bert was like naked and you shoulda….” Gerard trailed off interrupted further by his own gastric pyrotechnics launching whatever was left in his stomach onto the floor.

Seville rubbed his back and attempted to hold back his shaggy mane as Gerard got sick over and over again. Finally, it stopped. “Alright Gee, come on let’s get you cleaned up…” Seville ignoring the vomit once more pulled Gerard to his feet and into the bathroom so that she could rinse the puke from his face and that hair that had escaped her hand.