Unitl I Break

Chapter 20:What's good for the goose...

“So do you always act so tough? Or is that just around the guys?” Gerard asked as the two of them made their way through the crowd.

“are you talking to moi?” Seville said girlishly, then giving way to her own mockery, “no I’m not acting, I’m fine really it’s just sore, it’s not the first time I’ve hit someone you know.”

“oh really it’s not? Who else have you pummeled?” Gerard asked sarcastically.

Seville slugged him in the side with her good arm, “Hey!”

“What? You’re the one who said it.” Gerard laughing.

“It’s not my fault I only had guy friends growing up. I had to learn to bro down real fast; tears were not an option, hell, you could say the motto was hang tough play rough. especially around Dusty he is soo accident prone.” Seville said loftily, her speech lingering on remnants of the past.

Gerard interrupted her flashback with snide as he tossed the remainder of his cigarette to the ground, “Play rough eh?”

“You are a dirty dirty bird Gerard.” She replied playfully.

“Occupational hazard…”

“Ditto…”she replied, embarrassed of the mishap, “God I can’t believe I hit him! I really haven’t had rage issues since forever! I just … ooo he just made me soo made Gee.”

“As I hear it everyone else was ready to do the same thing you just got there first,”

“Everyone must think I’m a real piece work now; some psycho sound whore from hell huh?”

“You’re a piece of work all right.” A piece of work that Gerard was dying to study more intensely as the close positioning of his hand to her lower proximity made the conversation very difficult for him.

“you win I have no clever retort.” Seville sighed in defeat.

“YES!” Gee shouted going down on one knee as he pulled his hand down in a power move.
“And I thought I was deranged.”

But Gee simple shrugged his shoulders and placed his hands in jean pockets suddenly regretting having moved his hand from Seville lower back.

“are you the fighting type Gee?”

“I’ve always believed that violence is not the answer, but sometimes necessity beckons. Me and Mikey grew up in this really bad part of Jersey right? So you always had to be ready to defend yourself.”

“Have you always lived in Jersey?”

“Always, well minus the time I spent at school.”

“What’d you go to school for?”

“Fucking drawing, I was an art major.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously, cartoons are sorta my thing...

“No seriously, Gee don’t joke, “ Seville said playfully, “I’m too gullible I’ll believe anything…”

“you got me, I really went to school to study the mystery of the nessy.” Gerard spit out playfully.

“ha bloody ha Gerard.”

“I actually used to work for Cartoon Network…assholes.”

“That’s so cool, I mean that you can draw and stuff, I always wished I could. Will you draw for me something sometime?” Seville asked her heart racing as she flirted girlishly.

“Sure. What do you want me to draw?”

“Surprise me” she said, this time it was she that wrapped her arm around his waist and pulled him into a sideways sorta hug.

Gerard smiled, he felt his heart flutter and his knees weaken; Girls never did this to him, but for some reason, she did.

“What about you? What’d you go to school for?”

“I went and got my first degrees in Public Relations and Show Production then went to law school and got a degree in Entertainment Law.”

“Holy fuck Seville! That’s a shit load of school. How it that even possible, you’re just a baby!”
Though no harm was meant by this Seville was bothered that Gerard thought of her as a child; she wasn’t that young she was going to be 24 in a matter of weeks.

But it hurt mostly because she was starting to get used to the idea of liking him, before she would have guessed he might have been interested too but not so much anymore. “I’m not a baby! How old do you think I am?” she asked fishing for something that might tell her she was over reacting

“Whoa dangerous question, I can’t answer that. Too old and I die too young and I’m a dick.”

“You’re already a dick.”

Gerard shrugged in agreement and laughed lightly.

“Besides didn’t your mother ever tell you….”

“…to never ask a girl how old she is? Yeah. never did listen to mom much, it sure would have helped if I’d asked that 14 year old before she pressed charges…”

“You are soo bad Gerard! You’re terrible!”

“I know, but you love it.”

“you wish you had my love.” Seville said sensing the light mood of things, suddenly reassured as Gerard pulled her closer to his side as the medical site finally came into view.

“Guess I’ll just have to stick to the 14 year olds then…”

Seville nudged him in the side as they were greeted by a medic who urged them to some plastic chairs where it was determined that Seville had probably broken something and would need a trip to the hospital for x-rays.
While Seville filled John in; John who ranted that he was going to, “make sure someone beaks some of that guys bones tonight!” Gerard called Mikey who in turn delivered the news to Mad Moli that she’d still be on her own. Mike in turn ended up using Hannah as a shield from Moli wrath, he was pretty sure that Moli would dare touch Hannah, Hannah was pretty sure that Mikey was on the brink of tears.

Needless to say Gerard accompanied Seville to the hospital. While Seville’s four bones were set, her pointer and ring fingers and the two carpals that brought them together were set in a cast, (alternating red a black stripes) Seville noticed Gerard squirming away form the oversized nurse that kept giving him the love glare; The same nurse that goosed him as they left about an hour latter.

“Maybe you won’t have to stick with 14 year old.” Seville said as they got in the taxi that would take them back to the venue.