Unitl I Break

Chapter 27 : Matter of Matt

Seville groggily pulled herself from the curtained enclosure she had been sleeping in, wiping the sleep away from her eyes , they slowly began to adjust to the darkness that surrounded her. It took all of her energy to bring her frail frame to its feet but she wanted to know where everyone was, she didn,t like being alone. Rubbing the cast imprint left on her face from having laid on her arm, she turned to leave the bus right in front of her was matt.

“Shit !” she screeched her heart racing, “Fuck you scarred me Matt, geez I think I had a heart attack.” She said trying to catch her breath and slow her heart rate while matt laughed a little.

“where is everyone?” she asked matt with great effort, speech itself seemed to take great effort.

“Dhair all outsibe drinking….” He said drunkenly swigging a gulp of the beer he had in his hand.

“apparently, “ she said waving the fumes of alcohol on matt’s breath away from her nose, “well why don’t you chill here and ill go get you some coffee I think you’ve had enough.” She said slowly pushing him backwards into the sitting area while grabbing the bottle from him.

“No, that’s mine!” he cried out,

“I think you’re going to live without it, she said staggering a bit as matt pushed back.

“Fine take it, im not fighting without matt.” She said shoving the bottle at his chest attempting to push past him….attempting. but she was halted as matt shot out his arm across the narrow pathway, “where you going Seville?” he asked with a deviant look in his eye…

Seville rolled her eyes, to weak to put up with his crap and to tired to offer a witty remark, “nowhere matt, nowhere im just going to find Gee…”

“no you’re not, “ matt said still refusing to let her pass, “you’re dancing with me…” he said pulling her into his arms…

She went along with it, she figured she let him get it out of his system; a few minutes later the smell on matt’s breath began getting to her, “can I go noooow matt…”

“but were having fun,”

“no you’re drunk, and im tired no fun,” she said trying to pull away fro him, but to no avail.

“But im not done,”

“yes matt, yes, you are done,” this time mustering up a bit more strength to pull away… but only for a moment as Matt grabbed her by the shoulders and pinned her to the walkway wall, “okay matt really not fun and you’re hurting my arms…” she said wriggling around, nervousness in every treble of her voice.

“Ville…” and Matt leaned in to her forcing his tongue into her mouth. Seville bit down hard, hard enough to make him pull his face away, she began to scream hoping to god that someone outside would hear her desperate pleas.

“Help! “She screamed, “MATT GET OFF OF ME !” she yelled even louder as he pushed her down hard onto the sofa in the sitting area.

Amid tears she screamed for help, no begged for it, if someone didn’t hear her, all hope was lost; she could barely even stand in her condition let alone put up any fight, but she tried nonetheless as matt began to fumble with his belt buckle, beer bottle still in hand.

“HELP!” Seville cried out, “MATT COME ON, GET OFF ME!” she said trying to fight him off, but his drunken grasp was too much,

“Shhh,,,” he said as he slid his hand up her shirt.

Sobbing hysterically she continued to scream for help, praying that anyone would hear her.
“WHAT THE FUCK?!” Seville heard above her cries she turned her head over her shoulder towards the door, though her eyes were welled up with tears she could see Frank and Brian standing in at the front of the bus.

Brian pulled Matt quickly of the bus while Frank pulled Seville into his arms frantically asking, “Ville ARE YOU OKAY?!? Yes?? Seville you have to stop crying and answer me?”

Lifting her head to meet Frank’s eyes, “Th th th… thank you Frank, thank you!” she cried throwing her arms over his shoulders sobbing into his neck.

“Oh sweetie,” he said sympathetically stroking her hair.

“Please don’t tell anyone Frank, please?” she mumbled into his body,

“I won’t Ville I won’t…. “He said trailing off as Brian came back aboard.

Brian lipped, “is she okay?” he looked frantic concerned and pissed all at once.
Frank silently mouthed back to him, “she fine its okay.”

Seville quickly cried herself to sleep; Frank decided not to leave her alone ad laid her across the couch they had been sitting on grabbing a blanket from the back, he approached the front of the bus just in time to hear a drunken Gerard go singing past the bus.

He stopped to think for a moment, then thought better of telling Gerard, it would only worsen the drama. But when Gina came looking for him, he had no choice but to tell her, and he wanted her to know, it would be too much work to keep anything from her, he loved her. He loved the way she laughed at everything, the way her hair got frizzy, the way she wrinkled her nose whenever ray said something abstract, the way the she curled up into his chest after having heard about the goings on that evening. He would never stop loving her; or so he decided that night.