Unitl I Break

Chapter 5: wired

“All right lets break you in,” said John slyly,

“John how many times do I have to tell you? You can’t break me, I’m freaking indestructible!” Seville said taking on a hee-,am pose kising her"guns"

“I really do worry about you sometimes…”

“Why John??” Seville asked childishly as she skipped astride John, “I already tooollldd yyyyoooouuu I’m INDESTRUCIBLE!!” she said in a super hero voice…

“Alright well,” John began after having rolled his eyes at Seville’s enthusiasm and indestructibility, “We only have a few hours before their set but I’ll show you around and tell you who you need to talk to if you need anything,” John said as they made their way through the labyrinth of merch tents. The Walls of Jericho tent had been set up next to a tent for one of the tour headliners, The Used, and a band she’d only heard of in passing called My Chemical Romance.

“So, now to get you acquainted with the other slaves,” John said opening his arm to present a group of people unloading boxes and setting up for a day of sales. John looked like Vanna White turning the letters on Wheel of Fortune.

“Hey, we prefer indentured servants” said a tall macho looking guy with giant gauges and two full sleeves of tattoos…he looked sweet.

“Or SERFS!” shouted a clearly hyper girl with dark brown hair and red foils

“Or SMERFS for that matter. That was a great cartoon…,” trailed on another girl with brown hair who had paused her unloading of a box of shirts

“Oh oh oh the snorks too! Do you remember the snorks? added another girl with blonde hair whom had just entered the My chemical Romance tent with a dolly full of boxes.

“Right, anyways everybody this is Seville, Seville everybody.” John said lazily

“Great introduction John,” said the macho kid setting down a bunch of used shirts he had just pulled from a tattered box,

“Nice to meet you Seville, I’m Jack,” the boy said extending his hand, which she shook back hardily.
“Those three engrossed in Saturday morning cartoons are Tamara, Ta for short, Claire, and the one with the red foils is Claire too but we call her Gina, don’t ask, long story.” Each of the girls had ceased conversation at the sound of their names.

“It really is a long story… I’ll just have to tell you later!” said Gina excitedly now walking over to greet Seville acknowledging her as the original cause of conversation.

“So are you the last bed then?” asked Claire curiously

“Huh?” said Seville who was definitely caught off guard trying to take everything in.

“Yup, she sure is Claire” John answered for Seville who followed his answer with an “ooohhh” of understanding.

“Well in that case nice to meet you roomie! Well I guess bus ie?” Claire said as she hugged Seville warmly Seville slightly confused returned the welcome.

“Umm guys there’s still a ton to be unloaded yet…” interrupted a girl with long waist length dirty blonde hair hidden behind a dolly full of boxes… “Oh hey John,” she said as she stepped out from behind the stack, “who’s this?” she said examining Seville, “Hi I’m Seville,” Ville began extending her hand friendlily.

The girl just kind of stared at her.

“Moli, Seville’s teching for WOJ and she’s gonna help sell merch when she’s not with the band. “Oh…” said Moli snottily, “well we’ve got a ton to unload if you want to start helping now that you’re finally here,” Moli let out snottily. It was fine, Seville could play that game too and beside she was there to work

“Actually, I still need to take Seville to the tech booth, but she’ll b back later,” John had saved Seville from the early morning wrath of Moli. Seville made a mental note to thank him later, as he wrapped his arm around her and began leading her towards the stage, “See ya later, nice to meet you all see shouted back at the slaves.

“Moli’s really not bad, once you get to know her….”

“I’m sure she’s just a little stressed I mean the gates open in what thirty minutes?” Seville said glancing down at her Spiderman watch.

“Oh shit we better hurry!” John said pulling Seville into a run.

Several minutes later, completely devoid of oxygen, John and Seville reached a tech booth set up just beside the stage. “Shit!” John said looking around frustrated at the sight of an empty booth. “Where the Fuck IS HE!!” John said panicked.

From out of nowhere came a voice from behind John and Seville, “You looking for Ryan?” said a boy lugging an amp up to the stage. He was beautiful. He had the most amazing hair and the cutest lip ring, he could just wear it well.

“Yeah you seen him,”

“Yeah he had to run to the main stage he said, something about a bad patching,”

“BAD PATCHING? You’re sure?”

“Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s what he said before he took off in the Gator (it’s like a golf cart)” the boy said kind of nodding his head cockily,

“Shit Ville I gotta go. just chill here for a few,” John said frantically, already whipping out his cell and running towards the main stage.

“But Joh…” Too late he was already John,

“A bit neurotic isn’t he…” the boy said warmly smiling at Seville as he set the amp down.

“Just a bit, well, yeah neurotic covers it…” Seville said laughing gently, “Seville,” she said sticking out her hand, hoping this handshake might go better than the last.

“Name’s Frank,” the boy said grasping her hand firmly.

This really could be the best job ever she thought to herself.