Status: Hiatus

Burning Like A Candle

Who I Am

It's towards the middle of his tour that our story begins. Since his brothers were caught up in work, they were both still in Jersey. His mother was helping Danielle and her mother with last minute wedding plans, and their father was with Frankie. Nick was the only one on his bus, aside from the driver.

The next show was in Montana, and they were running late. The show was set for that night, and it was already noon. By now, they should be setting up the arena and doing sound-check. Nick was in the back of the bus, strumming on his guitar, in a sad attempt to calm his nerves. The bus started slowing, catching Nick's attention. He walked unsteadily to the front of the bus, ticked off.

"What's the holdup?" He snapped, his mood worsening by the second. It was then he saw the crash. He muttered a sheepish apology. The bus came to a stop all together, and Nick noticed the girl sitting on the side of the road. Her brown hair was tangled, blood running down her face, which was twisted in pain. He ran out of the bus, towards her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, mentally hitting himself for it. Obviously she wasn't. She smiled a little though, and looked up at him. Her piercing blue eyes caught him off guard.

"I think my arm's broken. T-the ambulance is on the way." Her voice was calm, but shook from the cold. He realized she was wearing just a long sleeve shirt; it must have been only thirty degrees. He took off his leather jacket and wrapped it around her, trying to be careful of her injuries.

"Thanks. I-I don't know your name." She admitted, looking up at him. He started laughing, which threw her off greatly. It had been awhile since he'd run into someone who didn't know his name.

"I'm Nick." He said after awhile, and she smiled, then winced in pain. Her lip was cut, as well as her cheek.

"Thanks, Nick. I'm Livy." She whispered. It was then that the sirens blared, and the EMT's came. Nick waved them over, calling out to them. They worked quickly, loading her onto a stretcher.

As he watched her be wheeled away, a part inside of him melted, a part that he hadn't felt in a long time. The feeling stayed with him as they finally arrived at the arena, and she was on his mind the whole time he sang.

He knew in his heart that he had to see her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha, chapter one? Hopefully I can stick with this one.