Status: Hiatus

Burning Like A Candle

Yes, You Look Wonderful Tonight

"Could you go to Mercy Hospital? There's someone I want to see." The bus driver smiled a knowing smile, and turned into the marked exit. Nick smiled, murmured a quick thanks, and returned to the back room.

Every second was agonizing, another second he couldn't figure out if she were okay. Soon enough, they were in the hospital, and he was running to the lobby. The passing people didn't give him a second glance, the temperature had dropped well below twenty, and snow was falling in heavy flakes.

"Can I help you?" The tired, old, receptionist asked, looking warily up at Nick. He smiled nervously, pulling his cap lower over his face. The last thing he needed right now was a fan chase.

"I'm looking for a car crash victim admitted a few hours ago. Her name was Olivia. Livy." His words jumbled together, and the lady looked over his face.

"Are you family?" She asked, and Nick wrung his hands.

"I'm her boyfriend." He lied, knowing that he wouldn't see her any other way. She smiled softly, giving him the room number. He went as fast as he could, without knocking anyone out.

The door was open, the bed empty. He looked around, confused, and finally saw her by the window, looking outside longingly. He knocked on the door lightly, and she jumped.

"Sorry if I scared you. I..I wanted to make sure you were okay." He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. She smiled, a light pink color sweeping across her beautiful face.

"It's fine. And thanks." Her voice was soft, and more musical than he remembered. She smiled up at him, walking towards him. There were bandages on her face, and her arm was concealed in a dark green cast.

"So, are you okay?" He questioned, sitting in the chair near the bed. She smiled, sitting pretzel legged on the bed. Even in the hospital gown, she was beautiful.

"Yeah, minor cuts, a clean break, some abrasions." She waved it off with her hands, and he stared at her in awe.

"I do listen to people when they talk, like doctors." She teased, and he laughed.

"I see. So.." The silence went on, not the least bit awkward. Her face lit up suddenly.

"I'm glad you came, I should give you this." She handed him his leather jacket, and he smiled. He'd completely forgotten she had it.

"Thanks." Was all he could manage.

"Don't you have anything else to do than visit some girl in the hospital, with bandages all over her face?" She asked, looking down. She was embarrassed, not feeling at all pretty.

"No, and as far as I'm concerned, you look wonderful tonight." He cringed internally for the use of a song name, but she just smiled.

"Thanks. But I'm sure you must have tons of beautiful girls after you." He just smiled, not letting on to how right she was. Even so, he thought she was the prettiest.

"So, I'm Olivia. Olivia Lexar. But if you call me anything but Livy, I might have to break your arm." She said, in all seriousness. Nick pretended to gulp, and she laughed.

"I'm Nicholas. Jonas. But Nick is fine with me." She looked up at him, her blue eyes piercing right through him like they did the first time. He had to catch his train of thought.

"Jonas. Why does that sound familiar?" She asked, a genuinely confused look on her face.

"Well, I have-Had a band with my brothers." The light popped on, and he waited, preparing for the worst. But she just smiled.

"I think that's nice." She whispered, no judgment anywhere on her face. He sighed in relief, and felt his heart beat quicken when she spoke.

"Thanks. Do You want to dance?" Nick asked suddenly, hearing the music come on over the radio. She smiled.

"Sure." He helped her up, wrapping his arms around her waist. She wrapped hers around his neck awkwardly, due to the cast on her wrist. He looked into her eyes, and the feelings of resentment and loneliness he'd been feeling the past few months disappeared. Just like that, he wasn't alone anymore.

And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter twoo. I really like this story guys.

Soo, it's my birthday friday. The 18th. Leave me love????
Love you guys xxxo, Sara