Status: Hiatus

Burning Like A Candle

All I Want For Christmas

Nick paced back and forth, waiting for the phone call. It had been an hour, but she still hadn't called him back yet. He couldn't remember ever being this anxious over a phone call. When his phone finally did ring, he jumped half a foot.

"Livy?" He asked, even though he already knew the answer. He could feel her smile through the phone.

"Yes, Nicholas, it's me." She joked. Nick sighed in relief. She'd gotten out of the hospital today, and he would've postponed the show if she hadn't called him back. And that was the non-melodramatic plan.

"So, there's something I've been meaning to ask you..." He trailed off, nervous. She was silent on the other end for a moment.

"Okay. What would that be?" She asked, biting down on her lip. They'd talked constantly since he visited her in the hospital. She could tell something was up.

"So, my brother's getting married this week, and I was wondering if you'd be my date." He was barely audible, and talked quickly. She understood every word though, and a smile quickly appeared upon her face.

"I'd love to, but there's two problems with that." She said, and Nick's heart stopped, dreading the idea that she wouldn't be able to come with him. He desperately wanted to introduce her to the family. Then, he'd be able to ask her to be his.

"Well, first off, I'm in Montana. And from what I've read on gossip sights, the weddings on Long Island." Nick smiled, relieved. He'd already figured that one out.

"Well, since the rehearsal is tomorrow, I was going to fly up tonight and get you, after my concert. Don't worry about the money." He added, before she could voice her objections.

"Nick, that's amazing. But my parents-" She started, but got cut off quickly.

"Already agreed." She gasped, and he smiled wider. That smile faded when he remembered the second problem she'd brought up.

"What's the other problem, then?" He asked, his voice guarded and cautious. Livy just smiled.

"Whatever would I wear?" Nick smiled too, and they laughed.

~~~

Livy stood on her tip-toes, looking for Nick in the crowd. When she finally saw him, her whole face lit up.

"Nick!" She screamed, running into his arms. He embraced her, inhaling her scent, and they then proceeded inconspicuously out of the airport, and to the arranged car. It took them straight to the hotel where the wedding rehearsal would be held.

"There's a dress in there waiting for you, my mom picked it out." Nick admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. Livy smiled, kissing him on the cheek. She turned around right before the pink splashed across his face.

The dress was knee length and the same blue as her eyes. It was strapless, and overall, perfect.

When she met up with him outside, he couldn't take his eyes off of her. She was truly beautiful, her long hair curled and pulled into a bun, a few pieces hanging down.

"You look amazing." He breathed out, and she smiled, looking down at her feet. She was wearing silver heels, matching the accents on her dress.

"You aren't so bad yourself." She responded, and he grabbed her hand, dragging her to the elevator.

"C'mon, you have to meet my family." She laughed, allowing herself to be pulled along.

"Hey." Nick called when they reached the hall. Everyone turned to look, smiling brightly.

"Hi." They chorused, waiting for introductions.

"Mom, Dad, Joe, Frankie, Kevin, Dani, this is Livy. Livy, meet my mom, dad, brothers Joe, Kevin, and Frankie, then my soon to be sister, Dani." Everyone smiled, exchanging hello's. Mrs. Jonas smiled at Nick, nodding her head in approval.

~~~

"Hey, you wanna dance?" Nick asked, a smile on his face as 1,2,3,4 came on. Livy looked up at him, smiling. After the crazy rehearsal and wedding, all she wanted to do was relax. Even so, she agreed.

"Sure." He took her hand, leading her to the dance floor. Next to them, Joe was dancing with Demi, and Kevin with Danielle.

"So, I've been thinking." Nick said, looking down at Livy. She smirked, not knowing what to expect.

"Of course you have. You always do." She teased, and he stuck his tongue out at her, a very Joe-like move.

"Anyways, it's almost Christmas, and I've been thinking about what I really want."

"Oh, have you now? What would that be?"

"Well..." Nick trailed off, getting lost into the blue of her eyes. "All I want for Christmas, is for you to be mine." Livy's mouth fell open, and she removed one of her hand from his shoulder to cover it.

"Yes." She whispered, nodding her head. He leaned down, kissing her lips softly. She then buried her head into his chest, and they swayed slowly to the music.

There's only 1 thing
2 do
3 words
4 you- (I love you)
I love you
♠ ♠ ♠
I was gonna post this yesterday, the day of Dani and Kevin's wedding, but my cousin called, and lets say, we ran up the phone bill.

comments are appreciated.

xxxo, Sara =]