Sweets

003

Vince always thought that Howard had a certain charm about him that no one else seemed to notice. They couldn’t see past his jazzy attitude and crap fashion sense. But Vince could. That’s the reason why he never left. It wasn’t because he didn’t have any other friends, he did, it was just that Howard was the only person in the universe that he could tell anything to, and he had that comforting feeling that he would never be judged. Sure, Vince had been unfair to him in the past, but that was all over now, he decided.

He still felt bad about the fact that he was hesitant on telling anyone about his relationship with Howard. He knew he couldn’t keep his romance a secret forever. He pondered on these thoughts for hours, usually whenever Howard wasn’t there to talk to. And since he was with Lester Cornflakes at the Jazz club, (yuck) Vince was alone in the second-hand shop. Nabootique was basically all he had to look forward to every morning, that and observing Howard’s morning routine silently, pretending to be asleep after a long night of cuddling.

Mostly Vince would lie down next to him until he fell asleep, and at that time every night Vince would carefully wrap Howard's arms around him and enjoy the comfort of his warm breath that danced softly across his pale skin. Howard remained timid when it came to affection, but Vince was slowly getting his mate used to being in contact with another human being. Howard worried about it, too. His issues with people touching him had gotten in the way of him getting close to Vince. He worried that Vince would tire of him and his boundaries and find someone else that could please him.

He thought about it the whole time that he was away from Vince, and as he sat half-listening to Lester's so-called wisdom, he missed even being in the same room as Vince.

“I have to go now,” Howard interrupted. Missing Vince and longing for his company had become too much to bear.

“Yeah, yeah. See you, Howard,” Lester dismissed him lazily. Howard split like The Who after Woodstock without further ado, nervously anticipating touching his lover.

Meanwhile, Vince was quickly tiring of his fashion magazine he’d been staring at for the past hour or so. Suddenly for the first time he wasn’t interested in the fact that feathers were coming back in or that The Rolling Stones were doing a farewell tour (again). He imagined what Howard was up to – probably going on about the movement of Jazz music and rocking his man-corset like it was going out of style – wait, it already has. Vince laughed to himself. He still enjoyed making fun of his mates’ lack of fashion sense, but he couldn’t deny that he wouldn’t have him any other way.

Suddenly the electro boy heard a bell ring, signaling that the front door was opening. He winced when a cold gust of wind hit his face. He looked up fully prepared to give another nameless customer his 1,000 watt smile, only to find Howard standing there. His heart skipped a couple of beats when he saw him standing in the doorway, fighting to catch his breath.

“He must have run here or something,” Vince thought. He swallowed the lump in his throat to speak;

“You're home early.” Howard sighed.

“Yeah, I missed you too much, I guess.” They smiled for a moment, both men's hearts welling up with desire.

“Is Naboo in?” Howard asked, glancing around to see if there was any lingering smoke in the air; a sure sign that the Shaman and his familiar were home.

“Nope, you just missed him.” His heart fluttered when Howard's face lit up.

Howard didn't waste any more time; he simply couldn't help himself. When he looked at Vince's glossy eyes he lost control. Vince was already in his arms before he could make his own move, or lack thereof, seeing as Howard Moon didn't know the first thing about romancing anyone. And this time he didn't care. He squeezed him back and held Vince's head to his chest gently.

Vince laughed, “I love you, Howard.” At this, the other man’s stomach did back flips. Just holding Vince in his arms like that brought up deeper feelings he hadn’t exactly been prepared for.

"Kiss me," Vince said, his demanding voice thick with emotion. Howard didn't move for a minute.

"Come on, How-" And before he could even finish his sentence, Howard's lips crashed against Vince's in a passionate, hungry kiss.

"Now this I could get used to," Vince thought as he felt Howard's fingers run through his beautifully groomed raven hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't sure how to even end it. I know it's probably the cheesiest thing ever. I'd like to thank my only reader Candace for encouraging me to write more. And also Julie for being awesome.