Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number ten

Esme made me pancakes while I sat on the stool in the kitchen, motionless.
I just couldn’t believe it. I was a Cullen.
“Sapphire, now that you’re a Cullen, do you want to go to high school with the rest of the kids?” Esme asked while she flipped the pancakes, which smelled delicious.
“That would be awesome! Do you think I’m ready for it though?”

“But of course sweetie! You talked to Mike, didn’t you? And you were in a car with a human for almost 4 hours. I’m sure that proves you can handle the pressure” Esme exclaimed.
I smiled.
“You’re right, I guess”

Esme finished the pancakes, put them on a plate and handed them to me.
I immediately dug in. God I was hungry.
Esme chuckled lightly.
“I’m going to call the school right now. Do you want to start the coming Monday? That gives you 2 days to prepare yourself”
“Monday’s fine” I agreed.

Esme disappeared to call the school, but the lack of her presence was quickly filled by Alice.

“So you’re going to be in high school with us! That’s so exciting!” She said, a big grin on her face.
I chuckled, I really liked Alice and her enthusiasm.

“I’ve never been to a school before in my life, so yeah it’s going to be pretty cool” I said.

---

“So the werewolves are visiting tomorrow night right?” I asked no one in particular as we sat in the living room watching Bolt. Yes, Bolt the dog with a thunderbolt on his side. Got a problem with that?

“Yup” Emmett said, popping the ‘p’.

I nodded and focused my attention on the screen again, just in time to see Bolt pulling absolutely adorable faces to get some food. Aww I love that dog!

--

Quite some time later, the movie ended.
“Oh Sapphire, I completely forgot! We have to show you your room!” Esme said.
Bella, Rosalie and Alice jumped up, excited to show me my room.

We walked up the stairs to the second floor. On the left of the stairs I noticed a collage of some sort hanging on the wall. Curious, I touched one of the coloured pieces of material. “Are these graduation caps?” I asked.

Alice giggled lightly and nodded.
“That’s brilliant!” I said.

I followed the family until they stopped in front of a white, wooden door, which Emmett opened for me.

The room was stunning.

The whole left wall was glass, so I had a perfect view of the woods. A large couch stood against the right wall, a stereo next to it and a television in front. Everything was pastel coloured, giving the room a chic look.

“It’s not very decorated yet, because we used it as a guestroom, but we’ll give you money to go shopping with the girls tomorrow for some decorations” Carlisle said.

I spun around on my feet, facing him.
“No, that’s not going to happen” I said, my voice quite hard.

They all looked pretty shocked.

“You are not going to give me money to decorate the room, that’s ridiculous. You’ve let me into your family, that was already way more than I ever dreamed of. I can’t expect you to pay for me in any way.” I explained.

“But honey, since you’re part of the family, we shouldn’t treat you differently than the others. I insist on you taking the money to make the room yours.” Esme said.

Their eyes were all heavy on my face, and I felt kind of guilty.

I just couldn’t say no.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm so so so so so sorry for not updating in a decade!
ï've been really busy with the holidays and stuff, and i didn't have any time at all!
a late merry christmas and a happy new year everyone!

kaylynnjaeannxox, XdarkblueX, xXxD3ADxXx, Captain Laser Beam. and BlackEyes, thanks for commenting!

i<3you.
comments are lovely ;D
xoxo!