Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number twenty one

Eventhough my speech yesterday had sounded powerful and determined, I was nervous as hell the following day. I was afraid that the Volturi’s guard might be strong enough to disconnect me from Jacob and my new family, and that I would decide to go to Volterra with them. The thought of it alone made my stomach swirl.

Then there was the Alec thing which creeped me out. Why had he seemed so strangely familiar in Bella’s memory? Why had I been pulled to him like that?

I sat like a statue on one of the couches in the Cullen’s living room, waiting. Carlisle, Esme, Edward and Bella were off to the place where Alice had seen the Volturi arrive, which left the rest of the family including Jacob and Seth at the house. Everybody seemed very tense as the clock on the wall ticked loudly.

Suddenly, Alice moved from her place next to the television. “They’re coming.”

Jacob made his way over to me quickly and pulled me into him as tightly as possible, making me giggle even during these circumstances.
The things this boy did to me

He looked at me and smiled weakly. I leaned forward to rub my nose against his lightly, which made him smile properly.

“That’s a good boy.” I whispered in his ear before leaning back and focusing on the door again.

I could hear that they were coming now, and next to me Jacob sniffed the air with a grossed out look on his face. “They smell horrible!” he stated softly. “Jake, behave. I don’t want them to kill you honey.”

He squeezed my hand, and at that exact moment, the door opened revealing Carlisle. I could see the other figures in the hall, and I recognized most of them. I could see Aro, Marcus, Caius, Jane and Alec, and then the two females which would have to be Renate and Chelsea, and a broad guy, probably Felix.

They all moved into the living room, Bella and Edward were the last to leave the spacious hall.

Now that they were all in the light, I inspected them more carefully. They all looked exactly as in the memory, and when I let my eyes land on Aro, he smiled at me.
“Hello there, you must be Sapphire, it’s very nice to meet you my dear!”

He walked over to me and I knew that he was going to use his power on me.
Edward, do I let him read me or do I block?
I guess that’s up to you, if you don’t want him to know your thoughts, block.

Aro held out his hand to me, and I took it carefully. He closed his eyes, but I simply focused on blocking him. I wasn’t going to let him read me just yet, I had to be careful about this and I didn’t want him to know about the Alec thing.

Aro opened his eyes again and smiled at me. “You were right Carlisle, her power is clearly working seeing I couldn’t read her at all. Very good.”

I smiled at him weakly while he started to introduce me to his brothers and guard.
“I would like you to meet Marcus, Caius, Chelsea, Renate, Felix, Jane and last but not least, Alec.”

I shook hands, and when I got to Alec I saw that he was hesitant on touching me.
Could he sense this weird thing that was going on too?
I was curious about what he was thinking, so I decided that I would borrow Edward’s power for a minute.

Wow, she’s gorgeous. I wonder why she looks so strangely familiar, it’s like I’ve seen her before. How strange.

I bit my lip as I extended my hand towards him. He took my hand in his carefully and a tiny electric shock ran through my body. I guess he felt it too because he slipped his hand out of mine with a shocked look on his face.

I made my way over to where Jacob sat quickly, pressing myself against him as soon as I sat down. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as he shot a nasty look at Alec.

“Well Sapphire, you are a very special form of vampire, and I’m sure that you understand that we would like to know more about you.” Aro explained.

I nodded, gathering courage as I took a breath before answering him. “I’ll answer the questions that you have for me, but I just want to be clear about one thing. Carlisle has told me about your guard and how you are always looking for new members. I will not become a new member, I can assure you that.”

Aro looked aback taken, and I heard Jane huff behind him. When I shook Jane’s hand, I noticed that she looked incredibly jealous as she glared at me. Well, she could bring it on, I could take her down with ease.

“A though one, I like that. In that case, we just want you to know that you are always welcome to join us in Volterra if you feel like changing your path. You have an incredible gift and we could help you develop it too. But if you want to pass that up for staying here with the Cullens, that’s fine by me.” Aro spoke, looking at me with an enthusiastic glint in his blood red eyes.

“Thanks for understanding. Now, what would you like to know?”

“First of all, how did you end up here? Because you are not from around here, am I correct?” Aro questioned. “You’re right, I was born in London where I lived with my mother and father until I was 16 and the Great Plague broke out. I was turned into a vampire after they both died, I however do not know who turned me. After I realized that I had changed and that I was able to see things more clearly and stuff like that, I moved to France, and then to Germany where I stayed till a few weeks ago. I heard about the Cullens from another vampire with which I communicated while I was in Germany, she told me about how they are vegetarians like me and I thought it would be interesting to visit them and talk to them about our lifestyle and such.” I answered.

“That’s quite interesting, because Jane and Alec were changed around that time too. They also do not know who changed them, and they lived in Oxford which is as you probably know not too far from London.”

“So you think that Jane and Alec might have been turned by the same vampire that turned me?” I asked. It seemed quite worth considering, maybe the vampire who turned me turned more people who weren’t dying of the Great Plague yet. The disease had hit Oxford around the same time as it had hit London, so it could definitely be possible.

“Yes, I think that there could be a chance that that is what happened.” Aro stated. I nodded, not really knowing what to say to it. Aro saw this and continued. “Jane and Alec have always been curious about the vampire who turned them, but they haven’t tried to track him or her down yet. Maybe you could try it with the 3 of you sometime in the future.”

He asked me more questions after that, but I wasn’t as focused on answering as before. I kept pondering over searching for my creator with Jane and Alec. Would it be a good idea? And what would I do if we found the person who changed the 3 of us? If I would have met him or her before I came to America and met the Cullens and the wolf pack, I would have killed them as quickly as possible for letting me live a pretty lonely life. But now, after I had found the boy who was the love of my life and a great family, shouldn’t I be grateful?

When Aro was finished with asking questions, I excused myself and went outside to get some fresh air. I knew that Jacob followed me outside so I wasn’t surprised when he sat next to me on the porch.

“Are you okay Sapp? God, I thought that he was never going to stop asking questions!” Jacob said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.
“I’m fine Jake, just thinking.” I mumbled, glazing at the woods.
“Thinking about what?”
“About the chance that Jane and Alec might be changed by the same vampire as I. It’s weird because before I came here I would have done about anything to kill the person who changed me, but now I feel as if I need to thank them for giving me a chance to meet you and the Cullens. It’s almost a blessing. I’m really curious about who changed me, it’s really weird not knowing.”

“Don’t tell me you’re seriously considering looking for your creator together with Jane and that Alec? Have you seen the way he looks at you? I’m not letting you go anywhere alone with him, not a chance!” Jacob said angrily.

“Jacob, calm down! I never said that! It would just be interesting to meet whoever changed me, especially when they might have also changed Jane and Alec, that’s all. God, no need to be such a drama queen.”

“Drama queen? I’m just worried about losing you! I love you Sapphire!”

I sighed and buried my face in his neck. “I know Jake, but you know that I would never pick anyone over you because what I feel for you, it’s not from this earth Jacob and you know that.”

He wrapped both of his arms around me tightly and pressed a kiss into my hair.

Leaving Jacob is not an option, but I really want to find out who changed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments = faster update!
thanks to the people who commented on the last chapter,
i love you guys (:
XXXX