Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number twenty two

Jake and I went back inside after our small encounter, only to find that the members of the Volturi had left.

“Where did they go?”, Jake asked Carlisle.
“They went out hunting, but they will be back. I think that Aro wants to convince you to search for your creator with Alec and Jane, Sapphire.” Carlisle answered.

I sighed as I sat on a couch. “I don’t understand, why would he want that? What would be in it for him?”

The Cullen family was silent for a while, thinking about the matter.
All of a sudden, Edward growled. “Why did I not think about this sooner?!”

Everyone looked at him in confusion, but I quickly read his mind.

Ofcourse, if Sapphire bonds with Alec and Jane during their search, this might convince her to join the guard! They might already be connected, and this will only stronger their bond. Although I don’t think Jane would be very happy with Sapphire around Alec..

When his train of thoughts stopped, I immediately caught his eye.
“Do you really think that that is what’s going on?”
Edward sighed, but nodded. “It makes sense, Aro must have controlled his thoughts immensely because I didn’t notice him think about it. He is, however, ecstatic about your power and your attitude, he thinks you’ll fit with the guard perfectly.”

I sat there for a moment, unmoving, pondering Edward’s thought.
“Uhm, excuse me,” Alice said, “but not everyone in this room can read minds. What is going on?”
I buried my face in my hands. “Edward thinks that Aro wants me to go search for my creator with.. Alec and Jane so that I bond with them and therefore want to join the Volturi.”

“That does kind of make sense, but that wouldn’t work on you, would it Sapph?” Emmett said enthusiastically, rubbing my head.

I didn’t respond, letting my own thoughts and the others run through my brain. I couldn’t bear listening to Jacob’s tho. I knew that he could feel my hesitation.

“I just need to get out, please don’t follow me.”

And with that, I was in the woods.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I ran like a maniac, thinking about everything but also thinking about nothing at all.
It was unbelievable how this family, how Jake had affected me within such a short matter of time. A couple of days ago, if the Volturi would’ve shown up somewhere, telling me that I was special and that they wanted me to join them I probably wouldn’t have hesitated. Damn, if they would’ve told me that Alec and Jane could have been changed by the same vampire as me, I would have begged them to take me on their search. So I could rip the head off of the fucker that made me the loneliest person on earth.

But now, everything was different. I didn’t feel alone, I felt loved, needed, wanted.
Jake was the best thing that had ever happened to me, without a doubt.
The Cullen family was perfect in so many ways that it almost seemed unreal that they saw me as a part of it.

Still, there was a part of me that knew that I needed to find my creator, but not with the same intentions as before. I needed to thank this mystery person. Sure, he/she had caused me absolute hell, but that didn’t weigh up to everything that I had experienced in these last couple of days. I simply had to express my gratitude.

I was teared out of my thoughts by a sudden familiar smell that filled my nose. I stopped running abruptly, almost falling because of the sudden lack of speed.

A clumsy vampire, oh god why.

I looked around, sensing that someone was near me. Whoever it was, they were faster than me because before I was able to spin around I already felt a hand on my arm.

I froze. It felt like I was being hit by a thousand thunders.

Alec.

His hand pulled away from my arm, and I took the chance to face him.
He looked shocked. “Did you feel that too?” He stammered.

“Uhm, the thunder-feeling thing? Yeah.” I stated, wrapping my arms around my body nervously.

“Wow, that is truly insane. I thought that what happened in the house would be a one time thing or something.” He murmured, staring at the ground.

We stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do with ourselves and each other.

After what seemed like an eternity, Alec found his voice. His rambling voice that is.
“Have you thought about the search yet? I think there might be a good chance that we were changed by the same person, knowing the location and year and all. I’m curious, and I know Jane is too, although she might not be too happy about you joining us. I think she might be jealous of you, you know. Well, why wouldn’t she be, your ability is extremely special, and you’re obviously more beautiful than her.”

My mouth fell open. Did he really just say that?
I looked at him as his eyes widened, realising what he had just said.
“Oh god, I am so sorry that I said that! It just flopped out, I was rambling and I.. oh god..”

He caught my eye, and we stared at each other. Captured in our gaze, he moved towards me slowly, extending his hand. Just as he was about to touch me, his head snapped to the right. My head quickly followed his.

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING TRYING TO TOUCH HER?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooooooooooo!
It's been over 2 years haha!
I'm curious to see whether this story is still popular :)
Comment, subscribe, love, hate, do it all!