Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number four

I was currently sitting on a old, unstable wooden table in my house.
Yes, sitting.
Turns out being patient is pretty useful.

The place were I had “woken up” was my old home.
The person who brought me here, and probably also the one who did this to me, had quite a cruel sense of humour if you asked me.

Of course, the smell of death filled the house from top to bottom. My fathers’ body was in the exact same state as my mother and I left it, lying on our pathetic excuse for a couch which was barely big enough to fit one person. But we still called it the couch. Well, used to.

When I had just woke up, I was a bit dizzy, but that didn’t matter.
I was alive
And for some reason, everything seemed so much clearer.
It was like both my eyes had turned into magnifying glasses.
I could see the details of everything.
Dust became one of the most pretty things I had ever seen, divine and perfect in the air.

When I had opened my eyes for the first time, I could have swore I saw someone darting out of the house, but I didn’t trust any of my senses yet.
Now, I was disappointed at myself for not even trying to find out who it was.
I was almost a hundred percent sure that the person that had darted out of the house had been the same person that saved my life, the same person that brought me back here.

But I feared that I was never going to find out who it was

---

I left the house only a few minutes after I had “woken up”.
However, the second I stepped out of the house I noticed a burning feeling in my dry throat. Thirst.

All my thoughts stopped for a second when I took a tiny whiff of a smell.
Blood
And I needed it

The second I smelled it, I knew. I craved it.

I followed the smell with quick movements. And when I say quick, I mean quick. But the fact that I was quicker than ever thought possible didn’t concern me right now, all I could think of was blood.

I darted into the house that was filled with the smell. Inside I found a young girl, probably 10, maybe even younger. She was sleeping. Before I could stop myself I had already bit her.

Her eyes flew open and she started to scream, but I paid no close attention to that.
The taste of her blood was delicious.

I sucked her dry.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it's so short and a bit boring.
but i've got a test week and I really need some good grades.

thank you sarah3044 and Silver Rose for commenting, and Silver Rose also for the critisism :)

& i'm not gonna push you guys for comments, but it does improve my passion for writing this story haha.
xox!