Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number seven

There was no sign of human life in the main street, so I decided to try one of the shops. I had no idea where this Cullen family lived, so my plan was to ask someone for directions to where I could find them.

Sure, it would be pretty weird to just show up at their house, but they would know what I was. I was going to explain why I travelled to Forks to meet them, and they’d have no reason to harm me or something.

Even after convincing myself that they would never hurt me or something like that, I was still nervous.

What if they wouldn’t speak to me?
That would mean that I wouldn’t be able to ask them questions about their complex lifestyle, which is something I had wanted to do ever since Kayla told me about their family.

During this little battle in my head I had walked over to the hikers equipment shop.
I opened the door and stepped inside. A bell rung the second I stepped on the doormat, which made the guy behind the counter look up in surprise. He obviously wasn’t expecting any customers today. When he saw me, his eyes widened slightly.

One of the good things of being a vampire, the beauty

“Hello” I said with a smile on my face. He quickly pulled himself together before blinking a few times. Did he think I might disappear or something?

“Hi” He stuttered.

I walked over to the counter and rested my elbows on top of it, leaning closer to the guys face.

“So, Mike right?” I stated, looking at his name badge.
He looked surprised, he probably forgot about the badge because he asked, “Yeah, how did you know?”
I rolled my eyes quickly, so quick that I was sure he didn’t see it.
“You’re wearing a name badge” I pointed out.

He looked down to check whether I was right or not.

Are you serious?

I rolled my eyes again before he looked up, an embarrassed expression on his face.

“You’re right”
No shit Sherlock!

“My name is Sapphire. I’m sorry to disturb you on this… busy day, but I was wondering if you could tell me where the Cullen family lives?”

His eyebrows pulled up, and I smiled sweetly, hoping he wouldn’t start asking stupid questions to which I had to make up answers.

“Are you a relative of them or something?” He asked.

Oh great, what do I do now? Maybe it would be easier to just say yes, since all vampires look alike in some way, shape or form.

“Yeah I am, can you tell?” I said with a grin on my face.
“Yes, you look a lot like them” Mike stated.

“So, can you tell me where they live?”

Mike nodded and pulled out a map from under the counter which he spread out.
He also grabbed a small marker and drew a route for me on the map.

When he was done, he handed the map to me.

“Thanks, how much do I owe you for the map?” I asked, already digging in my bag in search for my wallet.

“Nothing, it’s on the house” He said, a smug look on his face.

“Thank you” I said, letting a small smile play on my lips.

“I’ll see you around?” He asked
“Sure, sure” I told him.

Probably not

“Bye!”

Before he could say anthing else, I was already out the door, heading for the house in the woods.

--

The route Mike had showed me was easy, so I threw the map in the first dumpster I found along the road. At a normal walking street I would arrive at my destination in about half an hour, so I started my short journey

--

Half an hour later I was walking on a small road in the woods, leading to the house.
I could smell that I was close, so I quickened my step a little bit.

It only took me a few second to cross the few yards left.

The house was absolutely gorgeous

From where I was standing, I could see stairs leading the what I guess was the front door. The rest was basically all glass.

It looked stunning.

As I stood there admiring the house, I heard a door swing open. A small female vampire stepped out of the house, and jumped of the small balcony between the stairs and the front door graciously.

She skipped towards me with a smile on her beautiful face.

“Hello! You must be Sapphire! I'm Alice Cullen” She said, her voice filled with enthusiasm as she pulled me into a tight hug, which I returned. Her enthusiasm was contagious.
“Hi Alice! Yes that’s me, how did you know? I asked as she pulled away from me.

“I’ll explain that later, alright? Shall we go meet the rest of the family now?” She was beaming.
“Well, sure!” I said.

She took my hand and led me to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
she has arrived!
the rest of the cullens will be introduced in the next chapter, and you will also get to know Sapphire a little more :D
thanks to the people who commented!
but i would still like to get some more comments :]
xoxo!