Status: active

I Counted My Blessings, Now I'll Count This Curse

number nine

After Carlisle told us his opinion on things, we talked about anything and everything.

I told the family about my past and the things I did after I was turned, Carlisle told me about how this family came to an existence and everything around it.

Jasper told me about the scars, turns out he joined the Confederate States Army in 1861 to serve in the Civil War when he was changed by some vampire named Maria. The reason why she changed him was because she thought he was useful for claiming territory for her. Jasper had to train newborn vampires for her “army” and then kill them if they weren’t strong enough anymore. The newborn vampires were pretty aggressive, so he was bitten a lot.

We spent a lot of time talking. Somewhere during Alice telling me about how she met Jasper, my stomach started rumbling.

Edward and Bella had been discussing something in hushed voices, but the second they heard the rumbling their heads snapped up quickly. Everyone was staring at me like I had just grown three heads or something.

“Sorry, I’m just a little hungry I guess. Haven’t had anything to eat in quite a while” I apologized.

“You’re hungry?” Alice asked, shock filling her voice.
“Uhm, yeah?” I stammered, unsure about what was the right thing to say.
“Did I forget to tell you about that?”

The expressions on their faces told me that I had indeed forgotten.

“Well, unlike other vampires I eat human food” I said.

They all looked even more shocked and confused.

“Are you sure you’re a vampire, Sapphire?” Rosalie asked.
“Yeah, I think so. I mean, I drink blood, my eyes changed colour after I was turned, I’m fast and strong, my sight has gotten way better, and I look, well, beautiful”

“Have you always eaten normal food after you were turned?” Carlisle asked.
“Yes, always.” I answered him

“And what colour were your eyes before you were turned?” Carlisle asked, sitting a little more up straight on the couch.

“I think they were blue” I stated.

“Vampires who only drink human blood have red eyes, and we all have topaz eyes because we only drink animal blood. You might have purple eyes because you drink blood and eat normal human food.” Carlisle said.

“I never looked at it that way really. Kayla, the vampire who told me about your family, said something about my purple eyes being very strange, but I didn’t think too much of it.”

Everyone was silent for a minute, processing the new found information.

“Carlisle, could she possibly be only half a vampire?” Edward asked.
Carlisle thought about it, before answering, “I’ve never heard about someone or something like that, but it could be possible.”

---

We let the subject rest after that, but Carlisle still seemed bothered by it.

Alice was in the middle of a story when something she said surprised me.

“…and then there’s the werewolves…” Alice said, but I stopped her before she could continue the rest of her sentence.

Werewolves?” I asked.

“Yeah, they live in La Push, a small town by the beach about 12 miles away from here.” She said it like it was the most normal thing in the world, and I couldn’t believe my ears.

“Aren’t werewolves and vampires supposed to be like moral enemies?”

“Well, yeah, but Carlisle made a treaty with them.” Alice explained.
“When Carlisle, Edward, Rosalie and Emmett hunted here for the first time, they ran into some people of the Quileutes. When they told the Quileutes they only hunted animals, they made a treaty, saying that the Quileutes would not tell anyone about them if they stayed of their land.”

“So as long as you stay out of La Push, everything is fine?” I asked.

“Basically, yes. They will only attack us if we bite a human, which already happened really. Bella was turned only a few years ago, but because she’s best friends with Jacob, who’s a werewolf, they let it go.” Alice said.

I turned to Bella.
“You’re best friends with a werewolf? How on earth did that happen?”
Bella chuckled lightly, but I saw Edward’s body tense beside her.

“About a year after I met Edward, he… left with the rest of the Cullens to keep me safe after a little accident happened with Jasper. Jacob was there for me during the tough times, he was like my one personal sunshine, he made me feel a little better again. I found out that he was a werewolf when a vampire, Victoria, was hunting me. Jacob and his pack protected me. Then, when Edward returned, Jake and I had a kind of fight, but we’re better now. In fact, I think he’s coming to visit tomorrow with Seth and Leah.” Bella explained.

“Alright. So this Seth and Leah are also werewolves, I assume?” I asked
“Yes, they are” Bella said.

“Awesome, I’m gonna meet werewolves!” I exclaimed, which made everyone laugh.

---

My stomach rumbled again soon after that, and Esme offered to make me something to eat. The kitchen held a lot of food, and when I asked her why they had it, she said that the werewolves visit quite often, and they are always hungry.

“So, Sapphire, how long are you planning on staying?” Esme asked.
“Uhm, now that you mention it, I haven’t really thought about that yet” I replied, scratching the back of my neck lightly.

“Well, I think no one would mind you staying with us as a new member of the Cullen family” She said, looking over at me, a smile playing on her lips.

“Are you freaking kidding me?” I almost yelled.

Emmett, Jasper and Alice were beside me in less than a second, looking a little worried.

“Is everything alright here?” Alice asked.

“Yes, everything’s fine. I was just telling Sapphire about how it would be really nice if she joined the family” Esme said.

“Oh that would be great! Carlisle? Can Sapphire live with us?” Alice asked.
Carlisle joined us in the kitchen, followed by Edward and Bella.

“Of course! It would be a perfect opportunity for me to learn something more about you, and I’m sure everyone would be happy to have you with us” Carlisle said, with a smile on his face.

I was speechless.

“But… I… Are you serious?” I stuttered.

Esme walked towards me and pulled me into a hug.

“Welcome to the family, Sapphire Cullen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's fillerish, and i'm sorry for that.
i hope you enjoyed it tho :D
i'm also sorry for messing up the treaty and some other things a little bit, but i didn't know any other way to do it.
sorry if i offended anyone or something!

thanks to XdarkblueX, xXxD3ADxXX, bffbea and Captain Laser Beam. for commenting!
you guys are amazing ;D

as always, comments are appreciated :]
XOXO