PitchBlack DayLight

Dorian

Dorian sat at his desk, drumming his fingers against the polished wood in a rough melody, gazing out of the wide school window he was positioned next to. He was playing with the clouds, it gave him endless amusement to swirl them around the sky with just the thoughts in his head, changing the colour and making it rain, then the sun breaks through and creates a beautiful rainbow before him, at his command. And the English weather was blamed on the climate.. If only they knew he thought to himself, causing a smile to play on his smooth lips.
He was slouched over his work book, not really paying any attention to what the teacher was saying in that irritating monotone he had. Dorian hated school. But to look at least partially normal, any kid has to go to school right?
He could hear the high pitched girls behind him, snickering and gossiping about all their classmates, himself and the new girl were mentioned in their twitter quite frequently, causing Dorian to roll his silver eyes in annoyance. So I showed the new girl a bit of good old human compassion? Not bad for a Demon boy.. He thought, grinning and showing his perfect rows of pearly white teeth.
Just as Dorian was beginning to knuckle down and do some work, not that he didnt know it all anyway, the class door flung open and slammed back into the wall its frame was set in, reminding him of his dramatic eterance into his biology class earlier. It was her, The new girl.
"Sorry I'm late sir! I didn't hear the bell go, then my locker wouldn't open, then I dropped all my stuff and not a soul stopped to help me, great people skills you have in this school by the way, THEN I couldn't find the class!" She stopped to breath, end ended her rant with - "Its not my day sir."- and stuck out her bottom lip. And, he may just have imagined it, but did she stick her chest out? Hmmm...
The teacher just nodded and pointed to an empty seat at the front. The girl thanked him, fluttered her mascara caked eyelashes a bit, and walked over to her desk, head held high, hips swaying, guys practically drooling. Dorian just watched in awed curiosity. This wasn't the shy, self conscious looking girl he noticed alone on the school field was it? The girl no body paid any attention to? But something about the way she sat, shoulders slightly hunched, head held down, told him that she wasn't as confident as she wanted to appear. Maybe she was just trying to fit in, and he couldn't really blame her. School kids could be pretty harsh. Four years at the school and he had one 'friend', The tough guys that congregated round the bike racks didn't count. If they knew who he really was, what he really was, they would drop there hard act and run a mile to escape him. So would Angeline the new girl, and so would Dorian himself if he had the choice. But he didn't.

The bell rang and Dorian hastily rose from his seat and headed for the door, straight down the row of tightly packed desks.
"Hey, wait a sec!" Someone tugged on the scarf he had dangling from his belt, that caused him to turn around. "You owe me a pair of designer sunglasses."
It was that new girl again, dangling a crumpled piece of metal, plastic and rhinestones which was presumably her mangled shades in front of his face.
"I didn't do that." He said simply, and turned around and kept walking, out of the class door and into the corridor.
"Ummm I think you'll find you did. Well I did, but you put them under my feet, I think that was quite careless don't you?"
She was following him… This is not what he wanted. Maybe he came on a little strong before, but he was only being friendly and polite, give a guy a break.
"Hello are you listening to me? Its not like I cant buy another pair but it's the principle! Think it was quite rude of you to.."
"Look.." He cut her off, spinning around on the heals of his black combats to look her in the eyes, maybe a little too suddenly. She slammed right into his chest knocking the breath out of both of them, and her off her feet. He caught her though, swiftly under one arm lifting her up. He stopped for a moment and looked at her eyes, they were oddly coloured, like fire, orangey brown, but with an electric blue towards the edge. He had never seen eyes like that, his breath caught in his throat.
He coughed in embarrassment when he realized he had froze in place, and let go of her. She fell to the floor with a bump.
"Ouch!"
"Umm, sorry." He offered her his hand, but she refused it pusing it away, and hoisted herself upright in one swift move, pulling her obscenely short skirt down just a little.
"Thanks for nothing." She said sounding annoyed, rubbing her thigh where she fell.
"Sorry, again. Sorry about the specks as well.."
"Gucci in-season engraved HOT PINK designer sunglasses actually." She interrupted.
He ran his leather gloved hand through his raven hair, feeling a little awkward.
"Yeah, whatever. How about I buy you a meal or something? To make up for being ermm.. "He had difficulty saying the word, because he knew for a fact he was trying to be the opposite. "For being.. rude. I'm a little sort on cash. Unfortunately I wont be able to replace your gunky in-session… sunglasses."
She laughed at that, not a 'yeah right' kind of laugh, but like she was amused by something, something he said? He just smiled and rose both shoulders in a bid to look innocent. It worked. She smiled too, and slowly nodded her head, causing her golden curls to bounce.
"Sure." The girl, Angeline, pulled out a little pad of pink paper in the shape of a love heart and jotted something down in it at a rapid pace. She ripped the piece paper out of the pad and put it in Dorian's hand, picked up her bag, she must have dropped it when she fell he thought, blew him a pink lip glossy kiss and walked away, shaking her denim glad hips as she went. He waited until she was out of sight to look at it.
It was her number, with a little message in blue sparkly pen-

♥ Angeline's Number ♥
Friday after school OK?
Cant wait.

Call me.
xox

Did Dorian just get himself a date? This was not what he wanted. This was not what he wanted at all…
♠ ♠ ♠
A lil info on Dorian =]
I decided to let you know he is a demon, he controls the weather too! Thats why he can control the clouds, and why was wet before.. even though it was sunny. He got a bit upset and it rained on him... Poor thing.
There is a lot more mystery about the boy, but thats all ya getting for now ^.^
Much love x