Dead!

I'm Dead

I scanned through the music sheets as I sat on my bed, near my window. I was getting ready for my performance that night. I had alot of them, but this one was to help kids with cancer, so it was very important to me. I love music, and I love helping people.

I remember sitting and listening to the rain tap on my windows. There was a full moon that lit up my room whenever the lights flickered on and off when the lightning and thunder hit. I scanned the complex notes and started to sing quietly, warming up my voice.

The lights flickered on and off again just before they went out completely. I sighed and put the music into my folder. I bent down and started to reach under my bed for a flashlight when I felt a cold hand grasp my wrist. I tried to let out a scream, but another person had gagged me with a rag and was lifting me up by the waist and dragging me out of my door.

I was put into the trunk of a red Camry and was speeding off towards, God knows where. The car sped to a halt after fifteen minutes and I was starting to feel dizzy from hitting the walls of the trunk and lack of oxygen. I heard two car doors slam shut and the trunk was now open. Two arms dragged me out, despite my kicking and struggling.

I was dragged into a forest. It was so dark, I could barely see. It was a wonder how the two men carrying me could see. We came to a clearing where I could see a sparkling lake. One of the guys had run off, leaving me with one.

I was thrown to the ground and I tried to wiggle free. The man had stepped on me with his foot and punched me in the jaw. He pulled me up and held me by neck. I could feel his hot breath on my ear. He pulled out a knife and pressed it against my ribs.

He made a neat slit against my rib and violently pulled up my arm and made various cuts all over my arms and wrists. He pushed me back down and I hissed in pain. The rag had fallen out of my mouth and I let out an ear-splitting scream.

He held up the knife over his head and through it down into my stomach. Hot tears streamed down my face and soaked my hair. My breathing was becoming slow and soft. I looked up into the man's eyes. They were filled with hate and evil. I looked away at the sight of them.

I thought of all the things I love. My music, my band, my family, my friends.

I took my one last breath, and then the feeling of fading away overwhelmed me. Silent tears became sobs and soft breathing became gasps of breath. But the gasping didn't help, because nothing was filling my lungs. White lights brimmed my vision and soon I was plummeted into darkness.

I'm Dead