Dead!

Watching Him Sleep

I sat on the couch glancing through a magazine. All of the boys were asleep in the bunks and I, being what I am, can never sleep.

I've gotten used to my powers. I can lift things without even touching them, and I can even whisper into the guys' ears and they can hear me, very faintly. I can touch them and they feel a slight cold breeze run through them.

The driver hit a bump and a knife in the cupboard was falling out. Without even glancing away from my magazine, I stopped it and placed it back where it was. I sighed and closed the last page and got up. I stretched and walked over to the bunks to make sure everything was okay.

The cool thing about this bus, is that it is a doubledecker. So there are two rooms of bunks. Six sleep downstairs, and seven sleep up. I walked through the bunks and peeked into their curtains to make sure they weren't having any nightmares. I'm not only supposed to keep them alive, I'm supposed to help them with everyday needs.

I reached the bunks upstairs and walked through. I came to the middle and glanced down at the person sleeping in the middle bunk. I smiled lightly and brushed some hair out of his face. He shivered at my touch, but didn't awake. I laughed lightly and continued to look over the boys sleeping.

I reached the last bunk, and realized there was a small light coming from Gerard's curtain. I walked through it and sat down on his bed next to him. He was using a flashlight to light up his bunk area so he could draw and read.

He sat cross legged with a drawing pad on his lap. He made long strokes, and short ones. He shaded and colored with the dark charcoal pencil. I glanced down at the drawing and sat a picture of a ballerina crying. Her tutu was black, and had red laces criss crossing up the front of her corset. Her stockings were striped black and red. Tears were falling down her face and landing at the bottom, where rose bushes were growing.

He made one last marking and smiled. He put away his drawing and pulled out a newspaper. I read over his shoulder and gasped.

Clarissa Senners was one of the students scheduled to perform at Wednesday's performance to help kids with cancer. Sadly, she went missing that night and police have yet to discover and clues.
Everyone at Orange County School Of Performing Arts started a search team for her. She was known as the music prodigy that inspired every single student at her school. Her mother hasn't spoken to anyone about her. She did say a few words at a press conference for Clarissa. "Please, if any of you know where my daughter is, tell the police. I just want her to be safe and back in my arms." Mrs. Senners said to the crowd, with a few tears slipping as well.
Investigators are still on the search and say if she doesn't turn up in the next 24 hours, an Amber Alert will be set out.


"Poor kid..." Gerard mumbled, putting the newspaper away.

And there you have it. Gerard Way. The Gerard Way. One of my heroes, pitied me. He pitied the fact that I am missing, when really, I'm reading over his shoulder and looking after him.

I sighed and walked back through the curtain and walked back down to the couch I was staying on. I jumped onto the cushions and tried to make myself comfortable. I heard footsteps coming from the lower bunk area. I got up again, only to realize it was Jon Walker getting up to use the bathroom.

I stood near the bathroom door and waited for him to come out. He did and went back to bed. I followed him and pulled the covers up more, realizing he was shivering from the cold, and walked out.

I passed by him again. I stopped and sat down and leaned against the wood that held up the mattress. I made myself comfortable on the floor, still leaning, and grabbed one of his notebooks.

I opened it to a random page and began to read.

Nothing new today. My Chemical Romance just joined us on our tour. It's great touring with them. I've always wanted to go to one of their shows, but never got around to it. So now I get to watch them backstage every night.
I feel safer for some reason today. It's only six in the morning, but still. I don't know what it is but I feel as if something is looking after us. Maybe the other guys feel it too, but I won't ask. They already make fun of me enough. I don't mind it though. There's just certain jokes that I have to force to laugh.
Our new album will be coming out in a week. Hopefully all the fans will like it. We've worked so hard on it. After listening to the old one, I realized we needed something different. Now, thirteen changes and fifteen new songs later, out album is soon going to be out. Our first single already was previewed at the VMA's.
I should probably stop writing and go hand with the guys for a while. I'll write soon.
</3


I smiled lightly and placed the notebook exactly where I found it. I turned around and saw him sleeping still. So I stayed there, watching him sleep.

Soon enough, he opened his eyes and sat up and looked around, his eyes met with mine for a split second. I sighed when he layed back down. He pulled the covers of his head and went back to sleep.

He must have felt someonelooking staring at him. So I got up and headed back to the couch for the third time that night. I decided to stay put and not move anymore unless it's an emergency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus pulled into the venue parking lot and was soon surrounded by screaming fans wanting to see the boys come out. I got up and waited for them to walk into the lounge. Fifteen minutes later, they're all there, wondering how to get out without upsetting the fans and without getting killed.

If they knew they had me then they wouldn't have to deal with this problem. I sighed and just listened to them talk.

"Maybe Zack can get us out without being seen?" Brendon asked.

"No, we should just go out there." Mikey said.

"They're too close to the bus, they could swarm in as soon as we open the door and rape us." Pete said.

"Fine, we can have Zack and Dirty push the kids farther back, with help from security, and we'll go out there, sign a few things and head inside." Gerard said.

"That sounds good. We'll do that."

There was just one tiny, itsy, teenie, weenie, problem with that.

I mother fucking hate crowds.

Flashback

I walked through the venue doors. I was jumping up and down from excitement that couldn't be held in. I was going to see The Academy Is... and +44 tonight. I held onto my friend, Sam, and walked in. He held my hand and made sure I was okay.

Older kids walked by and smirked at our hand holding. Hey, we were only 12.

We entered the small venue and the lights went dim. The first band was a local band nobody new. I made a mental note of their name and decided to add them on MySpace. The lights got even dimmer, leaving the room pitch black. Soon William Becket, himself, walked out.

"What's up Orange County!" He yelled into the microphone. I made mental notes of his performance, since one day I hope to be famous like him. The band started and soon everyone was pushing. I held onto Sam as tight as I could.

I could hear him yelling, trying to gasp for breath as people pushed him and me around. The crowd only got wilder. By the third song I was so exhausted from fighting back, I fell limp against Sam.

"Clarissa! I'll get you out! Hang on!" He yelled over the loud music. The pushing became more violent and I felt me and Sam split apart. I watched him get thrown into the mosh pit. He was getting thrown around like a rag doll. He was pushed out and I saw him collapse on the ground. People stepped all over him. I let an earsplitting scream and a guy, about 18, looked at me.

"Hey, you okay!?" He yelled.

"I got separated and my friend is getting trampled!" I cried. He put and arm around me and turned to a guy, obviously someone he knew, and yelled at him to get security.

"Can you breathe!?" He asked. I shook my head, feeling light headed. He lifted my up easily and fresh air filled my lungs. And with all the commotion going on I fainted.

That day felt like yesterday I remember it so well. I lost a friend that day. Sam died. His mom, who was so close to me I felt like she was my second mother, blamed it on me and ended all connections with me and my family. I couldn't even go to his funeral.

I became depressed and even stopped playing music for a while. One day I woke up and realized, he wouldn't want me to be sad over him. It wasn't good to honor him like that. So I picked up a new instrument and lived everyday to my fullest and started to help people in every way that I could.

So there is no way in Hell that I am going to let these people get hurt by this crowd. As much as I hated to go with them, I had to.

I followed behind Brendon and between Spencer and Jon. All of us walked out of the bus and soon screams filled my ears. I tried, but failed, to grasp his hand. Finally, after the fifth try, I latched onto his wrist. I saw him look down at his wrist in confusment was look back up.

We walked to the long barrier, stopping every now and then to sign autographs. We were about to reach the venue door when I felt him being tugged away from me.

A group of girls screamed his name and latched onto his arm. They started to pull, but I quickly pulled him back and rushed him inside quickly. Brendon walked up to him and breathed out exhausted.

"Wow, Ross, you almost got killed out there."