Dead!

Mind Reader

I watched Ryan pick up his wallet and walk out the door. I sighed, knowing he was thinking that I was in the venue with everyone else. I looked out the window and saw him walk into the forest. I jumped off the counter and flew over the trees until I spotted him. I stayed hidden, but followed him until he reached a cabin. He knocked three times then once more before a man answered the door.

"Ryan?" The man asked in a deep voice.

"Yeah." Ryan said.

"You got the money?" The man eyes Ryan. Ryan pulled a hundred out of his wallet and handed it to the man. The man slipped Ryan a small bag filled with a white powder and a razor. Ryan nodded in appreciation before turning on his heels and walking back out. I sighed and walked next to him, staying silent.

"You fucking followed me." He mumbled angrily, digging his hand into his pocket to make sure I didn't take his precious drugs.

"You fucking bought more drugs." I growled.

"It's my life, you have no part of it." He said flatly before speeding up and walking out of the forest. I stopped and watched him walk into the bus and slam the door. I fought the tears picking at the corner of my eyes and followed. At this point, I was pissed. I walked down the hall and into the bathroom where Ryan was already setting up his Cocaine in three straight lines with the razor.

"Go ahead and do it. But when you're in the hospital, clinging onto life, and you ask me to keep you alive because you hate the feeling of gasping and not having air fill your lungs, don't count on me. Because I have no part of your life." I hissed in his ear. He dropped the razor and put his hands on the counter and put his head down.

"Why are you doing this to me." He demanded.

"Because I don't want to see one of my idols die because I didn't stop them." I growled. He stepped back away from the counter, eying the drugs.

"So what are you going to do? Once you get your life back you won't watch over us anymore, and I can get back to my sanity." He glared at me, knowing I was standing right next to him.

"UGH!" I yelled out of frustration and leaned down to the counter and blew a breath of air onto the drugs, causing the powder to trail down the drain and evaporate into the air.

"What did you do that for!?" He yelled, walking out the door.

"Because you'll thank me later!" I screamed back. I heard him shut the curtain on his bunk and sigh. I walked out and closed the bathroom door quietly. I grabbed Frank's guitar sitting on the couch. He didn't mind me playing his guitar. He says I know how to handle a guitar better than those assholes at MTV.

I plugged it into the amp and let my fingers roam across the frets. I guess Ryan heard because it wasn't long before he walked out and sat down on the couch across from me.

"Where did you learn that?" He asked.

"I don't know. I learn so many things I loose track." I mumbled.

"How can you play that? It's so flawless." He gazed upon my fingers.

"Talent. Everyone has it." I replied. I stopped playing and set down the guitar. He's the only one who had seen me play an instument before. All of the other guys hadn't. He got up from the couch and sat on mine.

"Why is it that I can never stay mad at you?" He asked in a whisper. He put his arms around me and hugged me tight. I loved the way his arms wrapped around me. He had never hugged me before. I felt a smile spreading on my lips. I hugged him lightly back before I felt a huge headache in the back of my head.

Oh, why now!?

I got up from the couch and ran into the venue where I could see Frank and Gerard arguing about something. I saw Gerard pushed Frank, he was headed backwards towards a broken door hinge that could stab him in a split second. I dove forward and caught Frank and gazed into Gerard's shocked eyes. I felt the hinge press into my back. It hurt, but did no damage. I pushed Frank off me and got up.

"Frank, I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad. I didn't know...I...I..."

"It's okay Gee. It was an accident." He said softly and hugged him.

"Clarissa you okay?" Pete asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine," I stretched my shoulders, "Ow, that hurt!" I exclaimed. Frank walked up to me and put his arms around me.

"Thank you." He whispered. I smiled and hugged him back, the moment I touched his skin with my fingertips his voice started to ring in my head.

"What would I have done if I died? What about the band? How can I thank her enough?"

I looked at him questioningly.

"Did you say something?" I asked.

"No. Why?"

Ohmygod, can I hear people's thoughts?

~~~

Everyone sat around the lounge. Pete was sitting next to me, as usual, so I looked at him and tried to hear some sort of thought. I put my fingertips to his arm and...

"I miss Hemingway. Maybe Ashley is taking good care of him. I hope she is. God, those jeans are tight on Brendon. Dammit Pete you have a girlfriend! But that shirt...Ah! Stop! You have a girlfriend and he's only 18!"

I burst into a fit of laughter. I remember being a fan girl and always going on the boards and questioning if he was bisexual and accusing him of being in love with Patrick.

"Um, are you okay?" Patrick asked. I looked up at Pete's confused face. He had no idea I was even in his thoughts. So I burst into laughter again.

"Someone needs sleep." Gerard rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, I just thought of something. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" I say goodnight to everyone and walked back towards the bunks and climbed into Ryan's. I had made a habit of sleeping there, and he didn't mind. He would even rub my shoulder or back until he fell asleep.

I think I'm close to being able to sleep. I've been really tired lately. I think that once I reach a certain point, I'll be able to sleep when I want. It would be like haveing a new power. Maybe it'll happen tonight. I did just learn how to read minds.

I layed in the bed and it wasn't long before I saw Ryan come out of the bathroom with his pajamas on andhis hair all messed up. He climbed into the bed and sighed.

"Tired?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think I might be able to sleep tonight." I said, smiling even thought he couldn't see me.

"That's good." He layed on his stomach and put an arm on my shoulder. I moved out of the way and placed my fingertips on his back.

"Why is she rubbing my back? I always rub hers. But it feels so good. Hehe, it tickles a little. I could get used to this. Good thing nobody knows that I'm ticklish" I giggled and started to tickle his sides. He let out a carefree laugh and started to squirm around in the bunk.

"Stop! Hahahah! Stop! Hahaha! I can't breath!" He laughed. I finally stopped tickling him and he smiled.

"How did you know I was ticklish?" He asked, shocked. I shrugged and layed back down next to him. He smiled and wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer. I smiled as butterflies filled my stomach. I felt his breathing slow down and I felt my eyes become heavy. They slowly closed and I was off in dreamland.

~~~
~~~

Ohmygod! I slept! I can sleep!

I looked over at Ryan still sleeping, he looked so so cute when he slept. I smiled and fought back the urge to kiss him and walked out to the kitchen and turned on the television.