Status: Complete

I Can't Live Without You

One Shot

Image

I never wanted to be the other woman in any relationship. I didn't want to ruin a relationship but I don't really think you could call Sam's relationship with Leah and actual relationship. They were both in it out of convenience and not for love.

As for me, I'd loved Sam since high school so when he approached me there was no way I could say no. I was putty in his hands.

So here we were on a Saturday afternoon tangled in the sheets of my bed, his arms wrapped tightly around me as we stared into each others eyes.

He reached over and gently pushed a piece of my blond hair out of my blue eyes.

"You are so beautiful Yas." He breathed leaning in and pecking my lips before pulling me closer so my head was resting on his chest.

I traced my finger tips over his well defined chest and let my eyes close. I breathed in his wonderful scent and let a smile grace my lips.

I don't think I had ever been more content in my life than I was in that moment. I could stay forever wrapped in his strong arms and never complain again.

"Hey Yasmin?" He whispered trailing his fingers over my spine sending shivers to every part of my body.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at the invisible patterns I was drawing onto his chest with my fingers.

He put his hand under my chin and lifted my head so we locked eyes, dark chocolate brown smothering my crystal blue ones.

"I love you Yasmin Anderson." The certainty in his voice made it hard to doubt him.

I did though, doubt him I mean. How many times did he look into Leah's eyes and told her the same thing? That was what I hated about our relationship. I could never believe anything he said because everything we had right now was based off of lies and secrets.

I reached up and cupped his face in my right hand.

"Sam you have Leah." I reminded him.

"But I want you Yas." He pleaded holding my hand to his face.

"Maybe you do right now but what happens when you get bored with me like you got bored with Leah. I don't want to be put in that place Sam." I said shaking my head.

"I would never Yasmin."

"How many times did you tell Leah that?" I challenged.

He closed his mouth and sighed. I pulled the sheet over me and stood to my feet. Getting my stuff ready for a shower.

"You should go Sam. Leah will be back from her trip to Port Angeles with her mom in a few hours." I stated trying not to let the tears fall as I walked into my bathroom.

I closed and locked the door behind me. I listened to him sigh and collect his clothes from the floor of my room and put them on. Before walking down the hall and leaving my house.

I turned on the water as silent tears fell and let it warm up. I let the sheet fall as I got into the shower and began washing away the feelings of guilt for sleeping with another girls boyfriend, and the hurt of being the other girl he had to sleep with but didn't really want.

----------

Looked across my room at my sister as I paced silently. On the counter in my bathroom sat a pregnancy test that clearly read pregnant. It'd been about three weeks since the last time Sam and I had sex. He got extremely angry with me because I told him even if he broke up with Leah I wouldn't be with him. He has been missing since and now I find out I'm pregnant with a child whose father had run off somewhere.

"What are you going to do Yas? Sam is gone, he is still with Leah." My sister said softly.

"I'm going to leave. I'll move to Seattle. I have enough money saved to get a place for the baby and I."

"What? You're seriously going to leave?" She gasped.

"I can't do anything else. What if he never comes back? Or what if he does com back and he doesn't want anything to do with me because I'm pregnant. I couldn't handle that. This is what's best." I nodded.

She tried to argue but it was no use. My mind was set. It probably wasn't the best decision to make in the long run but it was what would save me from a lot of pain and hurt.

Within a week I was packed and ready to leave. Sam still hadn't shown up and I was leaving.

I fell asleep that night my arms wrapped around my stomach.

"It's okay baby. We'll be fine without him... I hope."

What I didn't know as I fell asleep that night a large black wolf stood outside my window hoping to catch my attention.

----------

I blew my paint splattered bangs out of my eyes. I'd just painted the baby's room a soft sea green color. I didn't know the sex of the baby though I was far enough along to know. I wanted it to be a surprise so I went with a pretty neutral color for the room.

I placed a hand on my growing stomach as the baby kicked. Tears fill my eyes.

Most of the time I wished that Sam was here to experience this with me but then my mind went back to Leah. My sister told me that Sam had shown up a few weeks after I left.

He was still with Leah and they were trying to work out their problems. He had asked for me but I told her not to tell him where I was or why I was gone. I figured if they were trying to make it work I shouldn't try to ruin it.

I brushed the tears from my eyes and started to clean up the mess I'd made with the paint.

----------

I sat in my neighbors car going through the breathing exercises I'd learned in my birthing classes. My water broke fifteen minutes ago and I was on my way to the hospital.

"AHHH!" I yelled as a contraction ripped through me.

"Oh shit! Yasmin are you okay?" My neighbor asked fumbling with her phone as she tried to get a hold of my sister.

"Yes! OHH! DRIVE FASTER!" I yelled trying to stay calm.

Twenty-four hours later I was trying to bring a baby into the world with my sister at my side.

"Okay miss Anderson, two more good pushes will do it." I shook my head.

"Oh god! No more!" I pleaded.

"Come on Yas. You can do it. Two more." My sister said as I looked into her eyes.

I nodded and gripped her hand.

"One, two, three, PUSH!" My doctor said.

"AHHH!!" I screamed as I pushed with everything I had for longer than a few seconds.

"That was good Yasmin. One more like that should do it. I can see it's head." The doctor said.

I nodded as the sweat poured down my face.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Oh God!" I breathed gripping my sister's hand again tightly.

"Okay push!" The doctor said.

"FUCK!" I yelled louder than ever; I was sure I had woken up half of Seattle.

The next thing I knew a loud cry filled the room and the pressure on the lower part of my body was a little less painful.

"Congratulations Miss. Anderson. You have a baby boy." The doctor said cutting the cord and placing the crying baby in my arms.

Tears filled my eyes as I gazed down at my baby boy's face. He was the splitting image of Sam except with lighter hair and my face shape. He was beautiful.

"Oh Yas. He is so gorgeous." My sister breathed as he grabbed onto the finger I was stroking his face with.

I nodded and brought the baby's forehead up to my lips.

"He is. Just like his dad." I whispered as the baby cooed in my arms.

"Okay, what's this cute little guys name." A nurse asked as she walked in.

"Nathan. Nathan Samuel Uley." I whispered letting a few tears fall from my blue eyes as I looked down into the brown eyes that matched Sam's perfectly.

----------

"Nate! Get back here!" I yelled as he ran around the house naked.

Potty training a three year old was a lot harder than I would have expected.

"No mommy! No!" He giggled as the phone rang.

I sighed and stopped my chases I reached for the phone.

"Hello?" I asked picking up the phone.

"Hello, this is the La Push police department. Am I speaking to a Yasmin Anderson?" A man asked.

"Yes you are. May I ask what this is regarding?" I answered crossing my arms.

"Miss. Anderson your sister has been in a car accident. She is completely fine but she has suffered major injuries to her back. Is there anyway you could come and take care of her. I was informed you are the only family she has left."

"Oh my gosh. Um, when do I need to be there?" I gasped.

"Within the week. She'll be released from the hospital next week." He answered.

"Thank you." I said softly.

I hung up the phone and looked over at Nate who was standing in front of the TV watching a DVD of a movie on how to learn your ABC's as he danced butt naked to the song he was learning.

I was going to have to go back to La Push with my three year old son where his father was the boyfriend of another woman. I was going to have to go back to the place I did a good job at avoiding.

It only took me a couple of days to pack and set up the house for it to be sold. I had contacted the realtors who sold me the small two bedroom house and asked them to help me put it up on the market again.

A day later I found myself driving behind a small moving truck on my way back to La Push.

----------

I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and Forks. I'd been back in La Push for two days now and my sister was being released from the hospital today.

Lucky for me I hadn't had any run-ins with Leah or even worse, Sam.

I pulled Nate our of his car seat and settled him on my hip as I pulled my purse over my shoulder.

I walked into the hospital and walked quickly to my sisters room already familiar with where it was.

"Hey." I smiled walking into the room seeing my sister reading a book.

"Hey Yas. How is my favorite man?" She asked as I placed Nate on her bed.

"I good auntie!" He said hugging her carefully like I had told him to yesterday.

She smiled and patted his back.

We waited while they got her ready. She was put in a back brace having crushed her vertebrae in the accident she couldn't walk or even sit up without it on. Nate said it reminded him of a turtle shell.

We finally made our way out of the hospital and I helped her into my car.

"So have you seen him?" She asked as I put Nate in his car seat.

"No." I answered as Nate pretended to drive a car up my arm.

She nodded and I got into the car before we made our way home.

-----------

"Mommy, cookies."

"No Nate." I said as I placed a spaghetti noodles into the basket.

"Mommy, cookies." He repeated crossing his arms just like I did when I was mad.

"No Nate." I said pushing the basket towards the section of the store where they carried eggs.

"I wants cookies!" He said again squishing my face between his hands.

He always did that when he thought you weren't listening to him.

"No. And don't you dare ask me again Nathan." I said firmly.

I picked up the eggs and made my way to the front of the store. I quickly paid and dealt with a very upset Nate. His temper was almost as bad as mine.

I quickly loaded the bags into my car and put Nate in his seat, My sister was sitting in the front.

I started walking the basket back to the store.

"Yasmin?" I froze flinching at the sound of that voice.

I turned but didn't look at his face. I stared at my blue boot cut jeans and my black pumps.

"Sam." I said messing with my nails and looking at anything but him.

"What are you doing back here?" He asked.

"My sister was in a car accident and she needed help." I said.

"Oh, well are you seeing-"

I looked up at him for the first time. He was a lot bigger than I remembered but his face was the same. Just like Nate's.

"Don't even go there Sam." I said shaking my head avoiding the eye contact he was trying to make.

"You have someone else in your life." It wasn't a question it was a statement.

"Yeah I do." I whispered.

"What's his name?" He pressed.

I looked into the pools of dark chocolate he called eyes.

"Nathan. He takes up a lot of my time now."

As he stared into my eyes softly. He looked at me weird, like he really loved me. Like I was his world. And that is when it became to much for me.

"I've got to go." I stated though I couldn't move.

I didn't want to. It was like there was some gravitational pull he had on me. I wouldn't be able to move if there was bomb headed right for this very spot.

"Yas!" My sister called honking the horn.

I broke my gaze from Sam's and I was grateful I did. I was able to move now though I still wanted to stay. I quickly made my way to the car and shut myself in it.

"Who was that?" She asked as I started the car and quickly pulled out of our spot.

"Sam." I breathed trying to leave the parking lot as soon as possible.

I knew I shouldn't have looked back but I did. And he stood there looking heartbroken. I shattered my own heart and the only thing I wanted to do was comfort him and be there for him. I wanted to make him forever happy.

----------

Sam

I stared into her gorgeous blue eyes and I felt my world shifting. Like I was detaching from the earth and being tied down to her. I wanted to make her happy and I wanted to her to be mine. I wanted to do everything I could to please her.

Nothing mattered to me as I stared into her eyes. This new Nate guy didn't matter. Leah didn't matter. The pack didn't matter. La Push was the last thing on my mind. Being a shape shifter didn't seem as stressful. All that mattered was Yasmin and only Yasmin.

I didn't even hear her sister call for her and before I knew it she was turning around and rushing to her car. I wanted to call out to her but I couldn't find my voice. All I could do was watch her long curled blond hair sway as she walked further and further away from me.

I found myself making rounds around her and her sister's house at night while I was patrolling. I just wanted to keep her safe even if she didn't need it. I would be anything she needed though.

I knew what had happened. I had imprinted on Yasmin Anderson. And she had another man in her life.

----------

Yasmin

My heart ached worse than it ever had as the days passed after I saw him.

I just wanted to be with him and to take care of him.

"Mommy?" Nate asked tugging on my jeans as I fixed dinner.

"Yes?" I answered carefully cutting the cucumbers for the salad.

"Why you so sad?" He asked.

I sighed and pulled him up and set him on my hip.

"Mommy isn't sad Nate." I said kissing his cheek.

"Promise?" He said putting his hands to my cheeks and squishing them together assuring my full attention, a nasty habit of his.

"I promise." He smiled and put his tiny arms around my neck and squeezed tightly.

There was a loud nock on the door and I sighed an started for the door.

"Sing the ABC's with me mommy!" Nate said as I set him down in front of the door.

"Later honey." I said pulling the door open.

I nearly shut it when I saw who it was. But he wasn't looking at me, no, he was staring down at the splitting image of himself as I stared like a deer in the headlights at him.

"Who is that mommy?" Nate asked hiding behind my leg trying to avoid Sam's hard stare.

"That's Sam." I said lifting him into my arms.

"Yasmin who is that?" Sam demanded looking at me.

"This is my son, Nathan." I said firmly.

"Nathan what?" He pressed staring at Nate in wonder.

"Nathan Samuel Uley." I whispered.

"That is my kid?" He asked slowly.

I nodded and brushed Nate's long hair out of his face. I could never bring myself to cut it. It reminded me so much of Sam in the years I lived in Seattle.

"This is why you left?" He asked.

"What was I supposed to do Sam? I found out three weeks after you went missing and you were still with Leah! I couldn't wait around forever for you to come back to tell you. All I could think about is what you would say if you found out." I shook my head.

"Damn it Yasmin. How could you do that when you were fucking pregnant with my kid? You just picked up and left! I didn't know where you were or why you'd gone. You broke my heart!" He said frustrated.

"Oh don't you fucking go there with me about leaving! You went missing for a month! I didn't know what to do." I yelled letting my bad temper get the best of me.

"How could you just fucking skip town when you knew about what happened with my dad? You knew I never wanted to be that kind of a father!" He shouted as I set Nate down.

"Don't yell at mommy!" Nate said charging at Sam's legs and hitting his knee cap which was the only thing in his reach.

Sam's eyes softened as he looked down at Nate.

"Okay. I'll stop." Sam said looking over at me silently asking for permission to pick him up.

I nodded and he pulled Nate up into his arms.

Nate grabbed his cheek's between his tiny hands.

"You have to promise. No more yell at my mommy." Nate said pushing his cheeks together.

"I promise." Sam said a smile breaking out across his face as he stared down at his son with pride.

----------

Sam had been coming around a lot since that night to see Nate.

We explained to Nate that Sam was his dad. So Nate now called him dad. Sam beamed with pride every time it passed his lips.

I was washing dishes as Sam and Nate played cars in the living room. Once I finished I wiped my hands on a dish towel and walked into the living room.

"Bed time Nate." I said picking him up off the floor.

"No mommy. No bed times." He said reaching for Sam.

"Listen to your mom." Sam said firmly.

Nate pouted the whole time I walked up the stairs. The whole time I gave him a bath and the whole time I dressed him. I read him a story and before I was even halfway through the book he was out like a light.

I walked back down the stairs to find Sam putting away the last of Nate's toys.

"You didn't have to do that Sam." I stated crossing my arms over my middle.

"I don't mind picking up after my child Yas." He said shaking his head.

I heart leapt as he called me Yas. It made me feel giddy and like I was young again.

"Yasmin?" He asked stepping closer to me.

"Yeah Sam?" I whispered looking into his gorgeous eyes.

"You know I still love you right?" He asked cupping my face in between his hot hands.

"And it's the same as it has always been. You're still with Leah." I shook my head my blond bangs falling into my face.

"No." He said brushing the bangs from my eyes and leaned in a little.

"What do you mean?" I asked my breath getting caught in my throat as he moved closer.

"It's not like it has always been. We have a child now and I'm not with Leah. I haven't been for a half a year." He said moving so that his lips were just hovering over mine.

His hot breath tickled my face as I licked over my lips preparing for what was coming. He saw that I was willing and pulling my lips to his.

His lips were demanding and urgent but at the same time the kiss was so full of love.

I buried my fingers in his cropped hair and pressed his lips to mine a little more. His hot hands traced my curves over my clothes as I sighed into the kiss.

He deepened it by tracing his tongue across my bottom lip and I didn't hesitate to grant him access. I moved my hands from his hair down his chest and then under his shirt. I traced the highly defined muscles and then tugged on the hem of the shirt.

He quickly broke the kiss as I pulled the shirt over his head. He reconnected our lips as he lifted me off the ground and pressed me into the wall by the staircase. I wrapped my legs around his waist losing myself in his kisses that were slowly trailing from my lips to my cheek and then across to my ear.

"Yasmin." He breathed in my ear before nipping at the ear lobe.

I moaned lightly and dug my nails into his back.

"I want you." He sighed as he tugged at my shirt.

I helped him take off my shirt and he quickly went to work running his lips over my newly exposed skin.

"Then take me." I demanded pulling his lips from my chest back to my lips.

He walked us up to my room and closed the door, locking it behind us. Our clothes were quickly shed and the rest was history.

----------

I sat at breakfast the next morning across from Sam sneaking peaks as he listened to Nate tell him how excited he was that he stayed over and that he was here in the morning for him.

Sam would catch me every once and a while and wink.

After we were done eating I washed dishes. Sam wrapped his arms around me from behind when Nate went to go get dressed for the day.

He placed a kiss on the side of my neck and buried his face in my hair breathing in deeply.

"I love you Yas." He whispered.

I turned around and looked into this eyes. For once in my life I was absolutely sure he meant it.

"I love you too Sam." I said kissing his lips quickly.

A smile took over his face and he said he had to leave but he had to show me something later before he went to go tell Nate bye.

I waited all day in anticipation for what Sam was going to tell me. I was relieved when he showed up later that night after I had already put Nate to bed.

"Let's take a walk." He requested pulling me out of the house and walking on a small trail into the woods.

"Do you remember the legends of the Quileute Tribe?" He asked lacing his fingers with mine.

I nodded and stopped when he stopped.

"Well they are all true." He stated.

A confused look took over my face.

"I'll show you but please don't be scared." He requested looking into my eyes.

I couldn't help but nod. All I wanted to do was please the man in front of me.

He started taking off his clothes and then he was shaking violently.

"Sam?" I asked trying to take a step closer to him.

"No Yas. Stay back." He demanded.

And the next thing I knew A giant black wolf was standing right were Sam had been standing. I nearly screamed but as I looked into his eyes I realized I had no reason to be scared.

"Sam?" I asked taking a step closer and grabbing the thick black hair.

The wolf nodded and leaned it's face into my palm. I gasped and took a step back as it began to shake again. A few seconds later Sam was slipping his pants back on.

"So when you say that all of the legends are true does that include the one about imprinting?" I asked feeling tears well up in my eyes.

Just the thought of Sam belonging to someone else broke my heart.

He nodded and cupped my face.

"Has it happened to you?" I breathed letting the tears fall.

"Yeah." He whispered.

My heart crashed into the pits of my stomach. I felt so used. He was still making me the other woman.

"On who?" I demanded in anger, tears falling freely.

"You." He whispered pressing his lips to mine.

My eyes widened and the tears stopped instantly.

"Me?" I asked once he pulled away.

He nodded.

"I love you but I swear to God if you ever scare me like that again I'll kick your ass." I sighed hitting him in the chest.

He chuckled lightly pressing his lips firmly to mine before walking back to the house with me.

---------

I'd been back in La Push for two years now and everything was perfect. Nate was a healthy five year old with a bad temper like his mom and a face even more like his dad's. My sister was healed and able to take care of herself so when Sam asked me to move it I didn't hesitate.

I was currently tangled in the sheets with Sam. He was running his fingers over my spine as I drifted in and out of sleep. Nate was fast asleep down the hall.

"Yas?" Sam asked as I was about to fall asleep.

"Yeah?" I whispered looking into his eyes.

"I've been thinking a lot." He reached over and grabbed and black velvet box from the drawer of the beside table.

"I love you so much Yasmin Anderson. Will you do me the honor of being my beautiful wife." He asked pulling open the lid of the tiny box reveling a beautiful ring.

"Oh my God." I said sitting up and pulling the box out of his hand as tears filled my eyes.

"Yes! Yes of course!" I smiled pulling his lips down to mine.

He pulled away and slipped the ring onto my left hand. I kissed him again and laid back down wrapping my arms around his extremely warm body.

"I love you Sam." I said kissing his chest.

"I love you too Yas. I always knew we were meant to be." He kissed the crown of my head.

"I'm glad I came back. I couldn't live without you." I said softly.

He smiled and we drifted off to sleep smiles consuming our faces through the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it Yasmin. Requests are NOT open.