Status: Discontinued

Have Kids, Then We'll Talk

Dan Iero: Far From Ordinary

I never considered myself ordinary.

I wasn’t an ordinary kid – and I mean this in more than one way. From my parents, to my living lifestyle, to who I am and what I have. I always defined myself special, even from my friends because I had something they didn’t. An extra burst of energy and bounce. From the day I could walk I have managed to always be a hyper body of terror on legs, touching everything with curiosity and then moving onto the next thing in a matter of five seconds. That short attention span never left me, and probably never will.

Though my parents had a hard time raising me, with my hyperness and all, they’ve always said they enjoyed it. That I was quite the adventure, one of the best ones they had. I consider myself more of a handful, with my ADHD and all – I can never keep still. Like I said I had that extra burst of energy that my friends didn’t, and it’s why I felt so different from them. They don’t have to go to the doctors or take medications when they were younger. They don’t have limitations on what they can eat or drink.

So it’s why I did half of the things I did, so people can forget about my…illness, if that’s what you can call it, and think of me as a normal teenage boy with an extra bounce to him. That loved his energy drinks and his guitar and looks just like his father.

Oh man, my father.

I’m very shocked, and somewhat pleased, to say that I am the only child of Frank Iero. I honestly believed he would have spawned more hyper little things, but obviously I’m wrong. I think it’s because I’m so hyper that making another child would be a bad idea, even to this day my parents keep a watchful eye over me cause… well I tend to either break something or myself when I bounce around like a child. I’m hyper, just like my father. I’m cute, just like my father. From the eyes to the smile to the hair, it reminds everyone of my father.

It’s hard to be Daniel Frank Iero without someone saying ‘Hey! You are just like your father!’. I loved my father, and he really was a great role model. But I think sometimes I wasn’t like him, and this factor, for a few moments, makes me feel like a normal teenager. Then the reminder comes back with a nice bite to the ass.

I’m far from ordinary.