Sleeping With Giants

Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

It was one of those not-so-occasional days – at least according to him – that Pete had his deep thoughts.

He was sitting in Patrick's kitchen, waiting for the coffee to be done so he could join Patrick and Brendon in the living room; and the little thing that he guessed Brendon was cuddling with right now looked absolutely adorable.

However, right now, sitting on the old chair in Patrick's kitchen, his thoughts were lost to nothing at all. On the other hand, really, Pete saw it as something big (he maybe even could get one more song out of it), because he was stuck in awe and amazement.

The funny thing about love, Pete thought, forgetting completely about the coffee that was softly dripping in the machine is that it comes in different forms. People say that I am not able to fall in love with anyone at all, except for my music and the band. Now, two boys own my heart, and I love them beyond the man's sense and back again. I also do not even want to get them down on their back for my joy and the slick of sweat. Pete's eyebrow raised a little and he grinned for himself. I liked that... "I love them beyond the man's sense and back again. And I don't even want to get them down back for my joy and the slick of sweat." Maybe Trick could turn that out to a cool song for me. For us?

"Pete? Isn't the coffee done yet?"

Pete flinched and looked around, confused by the sound of Brendon's voice coming from the living room.

"Erhm..." Pete looked at the coffee machine and let out an 'Hm'– sound when he noticed that the coffee really was done. "Yeah, it is."

He smiled because of the overdramatic sigh coming from Brendon and the soft laugh from Patrick that Pete had grown accustomed to from many years on tours while putting the coffee on a brick with three coffee cups on it.

"Look here, freshly made coffee from the amazing Pete, what do you think about that?" Pete grinned and sat down the brick on the couch table.

"That it had been safer to let Michael do the coffee then the recreation of the energizer bunny." Patrick replayed and pointed at the baby being held by Brendon who sat on the floor. "Maybe then we wouldn't be poisoned in about five minutes?"

"I didn't know the energizer bunny was dead." Brendon laughed while the baby was giving out some random noise and fisting Brendon's blue t-shirt.

"Aw, Trick, you know I wouldn't be able to do that to you." Pete grinned and did a failed attempt to steal the baby from a now pouting Brendon. "Let go, Bren. Then who would take care of my baby? Bren, I said let go!"

"But he wants to be with me!" Brendon whined loudly but did finally let go off the blue-eyed baby who giggled loudly once Pete had him in his arms.

"Hi, Michael." Pete smiled down at the baby and tickled his stomach before sitting down next to Patrick on the couch. "How's my baby boy today? How's little mini-Pete?"

"Erh- erhm." Patrick cleared his throat and took the baby away from Pete. "He's more of a mini- Patrick. He's my kid, Pete."

"And you're my wife; therefore it is my kid, too!" Pete cheered and did a funny face towards Michael that got both the baby and Brendon to laugh.

"You looked ridiculous doing that face, Pete." Brendon shook his head while pouring coffee for him and the two other men. "And it seems like you've kept something away from me, dear friends. Patrick, why haven't you told me that you got married to your bass player?"

"'Cause I didn't." Patrick laughed and held up Michael high in the air. "The bass player married me; I was just there, trying to escape."

"Yeah, Joe had to lock him with handcuffs so he wouldn't escape." Pete leaned back in the couch with a grin. "Probably the most romantic kidnapping ever!"

"Except the part that it didn't happened." Patrick smiled sweetly and grabbed one of the cups, holding Michael steady in his lap.

The good thing about having a bass player that often acted like a five year old child was that you got very used to have someone squirming around on your knee and giving out random, meaningless sounds twenty four-seven, so that's why Patrick didn't see the father role as some big change when Michael had been born. Except that he really felt comfortable like a dad, and wondered if anything could ever beat this feeling.

"But you so would want it too." Pete also grabbed a cup before laying his arm around Patrick. "The fans would go crazy."

"And so would your mum."

Brendon started laughing at the same time his sidekick went off, causing a high jump up in the air, coffee spilling on his brand new jeans and lot of cursing (where Pete and Patrick together held Michael's ears while glaring at Brendon) before he managed to get it up.
"It's my Ryro." Brendon smiled wide and looked up at the two men (and baby) with slightly blushing cheeks. "He's in Chicago now, and he says he miss me."

Pete and Patrick exchanged amused looks while Michael giggled and hit his tiny fist over Pete's arm.

"I'm so sorry that I have to leave you, I know I will be dearly missed. But, oh..." Brendon did a dramatic gesture with his hand. "My noble knight needs me."

"Does that mean you're the princess?" Pete could not help to comment and got a purple 'My Little Pony' thrown in his face.

When Brendon finally had left, Pete grinned at Patrick and cuddled closer to him, gently petting the baby's short red blondish hair.

"I'm in love," Pete mumbled against Patrick's chest.

"Could have fooled me," Patrick answered with a sarcastic smile, and laid his arm around Pete. "But someone loves you back."

"One or two?" Pete looked in awe how Michael's eyes drifted away to Pete's tattoos in sleepy amazement. Everyone knew that the nine-month-old kid had a special thing for Pete's tattoos; he could just sit and stare at them for hours – giggling softly when Pete moved his arm slightly. People said that his tattoos were why Michael liked him so much; Pete said that it was his amazing personality and good looks that made Michael like him, Patrick said, "Pete, the kid is nine months old, he likes everyone who looks funny". Pete had pouted for half an hour before Patrick finally, with rolling eyes, had given in and let Pete cuddle down with him and Michael.

"Two that I know of and definitely more that I don't know of."

"I think Ryan has a crush on me, though." Both men smiled wide and softly when Michael yawned and closed his eyes, they both knew that he would be asleep within seconds. "He's so adorable. I want to adopt him."

"Isn't it enough that you're his godfather?" Patrick softly played with Pete's hair while holding Michael against his chest (the side Pete was not lying on), knowing that his heartbeat would sooth Michael to sleep even quicker.

"Maybe, but not really. I want to be more."

"You are more, but I won't let you adopt him. I'm his only real father, but you are everything else he really needs."

"'Trick?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you tired?"

"Maybe a bit how did y'know?"

"You're babbling again."

"Oh."

Pete giggled a little before realising that Patrick already was asleep, carefully he moved away from Patrick and lifted up the now sleeping baby.

After Pete had laid down Michael in the cradle, he looked at the baby with a soft look and thought back on the last yeah and a half that had passed.

When Patrick first had told him that he was engaged with Anna, Pete had said, "Fuck dude! I gonna be bestman!" To that, Patrick had beamed and shook his head while Joe had just laughed.

Pete had been the first to plan for the wedding; he had together with Ryan Ross decided that it would be a little-half-big-kind-of-wedding-with-a-kind-of-like-green-team. Exactly that way they had explained it for a shocked Patrick and an amused Anna.

Pete and Ryan never got why they did not get to be the wedding planners anymore.

When Patrick, four months later, told Pete that it hadn't worked out between him and Anna; that Anna had gotten cold feet and broken up with him by throwing the very expensive ring on him, Pete had said "Hey, 'Trick, there are many fishies in the ocean, just go out and you will have a girl by your side in the morning. Or you will have a sleeping Pete there."
Patrick had decided to not tell Pete that plural of fish was not fishies, but he had smiled at the older (and much more immature) man and accepted company during the night. He knew that everything Pete said was just to cheer him up, even if it not always came out in the best way.

When Anna, three weeks later, had told Patrick that she was pregnant, Patrick had passed out.

When Patrick with big eyes and a shaky voice had told Pete that he would be become a father in seven and a half months, Pete had said, "Holy fucking shit 'Trick! I'm gonna be godfather now? You had better not ruin this for me now. Which fan girl did you knock up?"

Because Patrick was so known for hooking up with fan girls, and there weren't many fan girls at all that Pete had to choose between.

When Anna was in the fifth month, she told Patrick that she didn't want the baby. Patrick had almost started to cry. His eyes had gone blank and big until Anna had told him that she still would have the baby, she just would not raise it. She would leave that to Patrick until she was ready to take care of a baby.

When Patrick had told Pete that he would have lone custody over the still not born baby, Pete had beamed and then said, "I'm gonna be both a fucking godfather and a father! 'Trick, I'm moving in with you."

Patrick started to think about if he would start with making the apartment childproof or Pete-proof first. He aimed for Pete-proof as said man at the same time bumped into a open door and fell flat on his back before jumping up and knocking his head on a cabin ("Aouch! 'Trick! Did you see what Andy did to me?!").

When Anna called Patrick from the hospital and told him that it was time, he had passed out, thankfully enough a (girlish) squealing Pete was there and half carried / half supported Patrick to the car.

When Patrick had seen the baby for the first time his heart had melted and he had to stop himself from starting to cry ("Oh, I'm a father now").

When Pete first had seen the baby, his whole body, mind, soul – everything – had melted and he had swallowed hard when he saw the happiness in Patrick's face ("Yeah, Pattycakes, you're a father now. And I'm with you.").

When Patrick, three weeks later (sitting safe at home in Patrick's apartment and wishing the baby to sleep with all too many toys for a baby so little and too big clothes from the whole Decadence gang and a million of fans), had told Pete that he wanted to name the baby Michael Peter Stump Pete, he'd started crying and then sniffling something about, "I forgive you for ruin my chances as best man. I fucking love you and mini-Pete."

The day Michael Peter Stump officially had gotten his name, both Pete and Patrick had started crying (maybe Pete a little more then Patrick), and then bringing rest of the Decadence gang along with partners into tears.

Right there, Pete had promised that he never would leave either Patrick or Michael alone for more then a week, and so long he had held his promise. He had also promised that he would have at least one song about his love to Michael on every new album.

So far, they had let out one more album.

So far, they had had five songs about Michael on it.

So far, he still saw the latest two and a half years as the best time of his life, and it had just started and would get just better…

Carefully he went back to Patrick and crawled down next to him, slowly falling asleep together, as they had done ever since Michael had spent his first night in the apartment.

[A/N: When the hell did I become a fluff writer? :| Where did my sad stories and tragedies go? Crap, I've changed to a softy ^^]