To Love Somehow

The Queen's Death

Roxy did not cry, but she did not smile. The Queen has passed away. The atmosphere of kingdom that once so cheerful now filled sadness. The scream of cries could be heard every now and then. It was a sad day, but Roxy kept her head held high.

The King was standing in front of his dead wife’s coffin in silence unable to speak for the first time. Roxy did not move or let go of Frederick’s hand. Frederick held onto her tight, afraid if he let go he just might lose her too. He held his tears, saving for a later time when he was alone. His mother...

Everyone hung their head low in respect while the priest spoke softly out of the bible he was holding in his hands. He spoke clearly and each word with its own meaning. The Queen was gone, but her spirits remain with each and every one of them forever.

May she rest in peace.

A lady in her early 30’s was standing a few feet away keeping her distance and remaining hidden. She felt a drop on her cheek. She looked up and not a second later it began to rain. Everyone raised their umbrella except her.

The priest closed the book and there a moment of silence as everyone paid their respect to the Queen once last time before she would be under for all of eternity. The King could not stand there in sadness any longer so he took his son’s and Roxy’s hand and walked to the car. He saw a silhouette standing alone a few feet away. It disappeared. He could have sworn… it was her.

Everyone left, however the lady did not. She approached the Queen’s coffin while four men were lowering it down into the ground. The lady did not cry but she did not smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's supposed to be short. i'll post the next chapter in a couple of days (:
subscribe & comment!