So Wrapped up in You

003.

"Alex?" I called, walking slowly, into the small hallway that held the rows of bunks. "Are you in here?"

"Right here babe." He said loudly from behind me.

I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sound of his voice, he merely smirked at me; enjoying the fright he had instilled on me. "You're such an ass." I said hitting his stomach.

"But you love me anyways." He replied smugly, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm starting to wonder why." I grumbled into this dark green shirt. "Alex, are you all dressed up?"

"Maybe." He said smiling down at me proudly.

"Aww, you are." I said examining the plain deep green shirt and the khaki pants he was wearing. He blushed as I examined his outfit. "You look amazing Alex." I whispered looking up at him.

"You're confusing me with yourself." He said leaning down to kiss me lightly.

"Not acceptable Alex." I said plainly.

"Oh I think it is very acceptable, Spencer."

"Fine, fine you win." I said crossing my arms and pushing my lower lip out to pout.

"You look adorable when you do that." He said simply, kissing my cheek.

"It doesn't make you want to give me everything I've ever wanted?" I asked smiling again.

"No, babe; it stopped doing that to me a long time ago." He said wrapping his arms around me again.

"Oh, well then I'll have to figure out another way." I said as I turned my head to the left to lean against his chest.

"I don't know Spencer, I think I'm immune to your ways." He said as we sat back down on the bunk facing each other; this time we were on top of the covers, which were surprisingly made.

"Well then you don't get your Christmas present." I said trying to sound intimidating.

"That's not fair Spencer!" Alex responded loudly and clearly upset.

I leaned into him and kissed his forehead. "Too bad super star." I winked at him and giggled.

"Well, it just so happens that I know a way to always get my way with you." He said very smugly.

"Do you really?" I asked surprised.

"Well it's worked the last three times I've done it, so it looks like the odds are in my favor."

I sat still for a moment, looking off into the distance, attempting to remember what he was talking about. "Alex…you don't mean--"

He cut me off. "Yes I do." He said seriously.

"No, Alex please don't." I begged, putting my hands in front of me protectively.

"Christmas presents?" He asked leaning on top of me.

"Everything I ever wanted?" I asked laughing as I looked up at him.

"Never." He said leaning in closer, hands reaching for my hips.

"Then no." I said while cringing, preparing for the worse.

"Well then you asked for it." He said as he started tickling my sides.

I let him tickle me for at least five minutes, the entire time I was tossing and turning, laughing to the point of crying. "Alex, I give up." I called from underneath him.

"Will you give me my Christmas present?" He asked seriously, still on top of me.

"Yes, yes you can have them." I said breathlessly.

"Alright." He said rolling off of me. After a moment of catching my breath I turned so I was laying with my head on his chest. "Can I open it now?" Alex asked interrupting the calm silence.

"No." I said giggling at him.

"Why not?" He whined as he looked down at me.

Looking up at him, "Because, Alex, you can open them tonight, just like everyone else."

"But I really want them now, Spencer." He said pouting.

"If it doesn't work when I do it, do you really think it'll work when you do?" I asked giggling.

He sat and pondered a moment. "That's not fair." He decided finally, pouting.

I laughed at the face he was making. "Aw, poor baby."

"You don't love me anymore." He replied sniffling.

I sat up next to him, tucking one sitting on my left leg and propping up my right so I could rest my head on my knee. "I love you lots Alex Gaskarth." I responded, as I looked down at him.

"Well than give me my presents!"

"Do I get mine?"

"Yes, but only one." He said smiling.

"Fine, but then you only get one." I said getting up, heading for where I'd hidden them.

"It can't be a small one either Spencer Leigh." He cautioned.

"And why not Alexander William?" I countered, looking over my shoulder.

"Because, it just can't." He replied, simply with his back towards me as he dug around under our bed in one of the small drawers.

"But I like to get a lot of little presents." I whined as I searched the cabinet for a big present.

"Fine, then it has to be like three little presents."

"Two." I corrected him grabbing out two of the ones I had gotten him.

"Spencer, three." He said looking back at me.

"No, you know it can't be an odd number Alex." I replied returning his stare.

"Fine then, four." He said grinning evilly.

"Alex, you're such an ass."

"Well maybe you shouldn't have such a problem with numbers."

"I can't help it." I frowned and looked at the ground, self-conscious about it.

"Aw, don't do that." Alex said wrapping his arms around me.

"Well you know I can't help it."

"I know, I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. "Alright, two it is." he said after a moment. I smiled up at him and sat down on the bed, leaning against the wall with his presents in my lap. "You first." He smiled at me.

"Really?" I asked surprised that he didn't want to rip through the paper to see his presents. He simply nodded as he smiled excitedly.

I grabbed the skinny rectangle box that was messily wrapped with shiny green paper. I pulled it apart where the seems crossed on the edge of the box; it was also where Alex had decided he needed an entire roll of tape. "Alex, you sure it's possible to unwrap this?" I asked after attempting to open it.

He chuckled nervously. "You know I'm terrible at wrapping." I laughed with him and attempted to unwrap it.

After a few more moments of struggle I was able to get the side open, I slid the long white box out of the paper casing at looked at it a moment, trying to guess what could be inside. "Spencer, the box isn't the present." Alex said from beside me.

I laughed at him. "Really, Alex?" I asked sarcastically, finally pulling the lid off the box. Inside the box was a thin silver necklace with a key on it. "Alex, it's so pretty." I said once I had it in my hand, looking at it. The key was long and old looking, it was sliver in some places and worn around the top and the tip.

"Like it?" He asked hopeful.

I leaned into his side, kissing his cheek. "I love it. Help me put it on?" I pulled up my hair for him.

"I'm glad you like it, I didn't know if you'd like it because of how old it is." He replied nervously.

"That's why I like it, it's so…I don't know it looks like it has history I guess." I said chuckling nervously.

"It kind of does; it used to be my great grandmother's. It was a key from her first house with my grandpa, she wore it on a chain because she lost things so often. After she died my grandpa sold the place but kept the key to remember her. Eventually my mom got it from my dad on their first Christmas. She gave it to me, to give to you, when I couldn't find anything special enough at the store." He admitted sheepishly.

I stared at him, speechless, for a few moments. "Wow, Alex that's…beautiful." I reached up and fingered the key between my thumb and pointer finger. "Thank you."

He leaned down to kiss my on the lips. "You're welcome, I love you."

"I love you too, Lex." I whispered.

"Open the next one." He said loudly again, shoving another present in my lap. I looked down at the slightly larger, and squarer, present in my lap apprehensively. "Come on, you're going to like it…I think." Alex said sounding lightly nervous.

I started pulling at the end again, attempting to force the layers of tape off the box. "Alex, is this how you've always wrapped presents?" I asked after a moment of struggle.

He chuckled, "Yeah, it makes it more suspenseful."

"More like impossible." I replied laughing with him. Finally pulling the paper apart I pulled out a small CD case. On the cover was a picture of the sky and a balloon floating, along the left side were the words 'my love for you has no limits'. I gave him a look of excitement, confusion and adoration. "What is this, Alex?"

"Well," He said rubbing the back of his neck. "it might seem kind of full of myself…but it's a CD of me singing songs that you like and remind me of you." I looked at him with wide eyes, speechless. "I mean because you always say you love when I sing and you miss my voice when I'm on tour and you can't go. And when I can't talk to you on the phone 'cuz of a show or something I figured listening to our CDs would get boring eventually so I thought you could listen to this too…"

I flashed him a large smile before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him close. "This is the best present I could've asked for. It's so sweet! God Alex, I love you."

"I love you too babe. I'm glad you like it." We stayed cuddled for a while, I lost track of the time.

"Oh you have to open yours!" I said happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah, sorry for the wait. Boy troubles left
me totally unambitious to write. :\
All better now, I hope you like this...
Tell me whatcha think ! :D
Plus, how was everyone's Christmas? ^_^

Comments make me update fassster ;]