‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Background

It was a good year or two after the wedding. We had our newlywed time together, did the honeymoon thing…three times. We went to Paris for our original honeymoon, then London, and then Athens. It was great. I had done a few tours with the band but now we were on down time so me and Demik could work on our next challenge together. And when I say challenge, hell, I mean challenge.

Twins. One word, but it was making our life harder. We had had to give up our apartment and get a house for the two terrors. Yeah, we adopted. It took forever for Demik to convince me to say yes, but now I’m glad I did. Tora and James, our adopted children. They were gorgeous little one year olds when we got them. Their mum didn’t want them so we took them, but of course there was that waiting period, so they had already hit a year old when we did bring them home.

Tora was the cutest thing when we first got her. Her blonde hair was already longer then it should be fore her age, but it just made her cuter. She was going to be a platinum blonde, I could tell. Her big emerald green eyes were just gorgeous. I was always looking into her eyes, it made her smile. She was the opposite of her brother, James. Black hair and bright icy blue eyes. And judging from the looks of him, he’ll be fighting girls off with a stick when he hits high school. And whoever he does get with is going to be a happy girl. So opposite, yet so alike. Just like me and Demik.

I loved them dearly but hell can they make a mess. Demik was working now and I was on leave from touring with my band. So guess what that means? Yeah, I get to play mommy all the time Demik’s at work. Fun. Katie helps me though. She has a kid of her own now. He and Eli apparently got a little too drunk at the wedding after party and yeah…she got pregnant. They got married soon after. They had a little girl, Kita. She’s almost two now, and she is a spitting image of Eli.

Jazmine and Vanessa got together for a little while, but it didn’t work out. Jazmine ended up getting with Nika in the end though. And Vanessa, she’s still looking, so is Marcy. Alexxs found a new toy…or three. He sees them all behind the others’ backs. I was tempted to tall them all, but I didn’t want him mad at me again, we had just gotten back to being friends.

Tora and James are a handful in the literal meaning. I was so busy with the two of them I barely had time to myself. But I managed it with Katie around to help. Kita loved the twins. She would play with them gently when I needed them distracted for a moment, and it helped me get through the days easier.

Me and Demik are closer then ever now, and I love it. Sure we get woken up in the middle of the night all the time, but it stopped bothering me after the first month or two. I loved being a father, it was a real joy. I knew I wasn’t going to have kids of my own, but I couldn’t be bothered. I loved Demik with all my heart and I loved our adopted like my own.

The first few years were a little hard on me. But once time for school came, I was happy. Six hours of freedom everyday from them, I could actually get back to work. Kindergarten was easy for them, they were insanely intelligent, and musically gifted. But only because I insisted on it. I taught them simple things on piano and guitar once they were old enough and I continued to teach them as much as I could. James preferred guitar, but Tora was in love with the sound of piano. Probably because when she was younger I played a song for her every night before bedtime and sang to her. She would fall asleep on my lap and I would carry her to bed.

Children are the best things in life. I loved them beyond all measure and in a small way, I wished they were really ours, not just adopted. We were trying to decide when to tell them they were adopted but Demik wasn’t happy about it. I wanted to tell them as soon as they could talk normally but no, Demik wanted to wait. I didn’t like it, but I respected his wishes.

The troubles for us started when Tora and James turned ten. They were little hell raisers to say the least. Drawing on the walls, abusing the furniture, everything. It was a nightmare, but we still loved them. I was happy with our life now, but fate had one more thing in store for me. And it was harder then I ever imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahaha, first chapter of the sequel

there better be comments on this one......please????? *pouts*