‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Setting up

Waking up the next day wasn’t exactly the way I wanted it to be. I had a headache, and I felt sick, but at the same time, I felt happy. I was going to call Kryce today, and maybe meet up with him somewhere. I sat up slowly as to not jar me head to much.

After my morning bathroom ritual of washing up, teeth brushing, and, on occasion, other things, I went back to my room to get dressed. Halfway through putting my tight black skinny jeans on I heard the phone ring from somewhere downstairs. I did my best to pull my pants up as I ran downstairs. I tripped at the base of the stairs and slid across the hard wood flooring for a bit before I hit the back of Nika’s legs. She turned and looked down at me while Marcy answered the phone.

“Busy morning Shy?” Nika asked.

“A little, what makes you ask?” I ask sarcastically. I stood and pulled my pants up the rest of the way and fastened them. Nika blushed so I figured she seen something. Probably did, seeing as I wasn’t wearing any boxers or anything.

“Shy! Phone!” Marcy called from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the phone from her. “Hello?” I asked into it.

“Shylar? This is Mark, your agent, the band needs you to come in for a few hours today to help with some writing, think you could do that?” Damn…work. Maybe Kryce could sit in.

“Um…sure, but could I bring someone along? I kinda had plans today and I can’t cancel.”

“Sure, just be here in an hour or the deal’s off.” He hung up and I pulled the phone away from my ear to stare at it for a moment.

“Who was that?” Nika asked.

“Mark, some band needs help with writing or whatever, so I got to go to work. Can you watch the twins for a few hours?” I asked.

They both laughed and I gave them a weird look. “We can watch ourselves Shy.” Marcy said.

“I meant my kids…they’re twins too, remember?” I laughed and after they nodded, I went back upstairs to find a shirt and my equipment. I took the phone with me with the intention on making a call.

“Hello?” they answered.

“Um…is Kryce there please?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’ll go get him.” It was a girl who had answered the phone so I assumed it was Maseera.

“Hello?”

“Hay Kryce, it’s Shylar.” I said.

“Who?” he asked.

My heart dropped a little. Maybe he was too drunk last night to remember me today. But no, he seemed stone ass sober last night. “From last night, at the bar.”

“Oh, hi. Sorry, I’ve had a rough morning. How are you?” he asked.

“Fine, except that I have to work in less than an hour.” I replied.

“Oh…so you’re busy today?” He sounded a little down when I mentioned I had to work.

“Yeah, but…I am allowed to bring someone with me. It’s really easy stuff so it’s not a bother really.” I tried to keep myself from smiling, but I failed.

“Oh really?” He seemed pretty interested now.

“Yeah…so, do you have a pen and paper?” I asked.

“Yep, what do you got for me?” he asked.

I gave him the address of the studio I was due to work at, but of course I didn’t tell him it was a studio. “When you get there, just tell the guy you’re looking for Shylar Evans. Ok?”

“Got it. So I’ll se you in thirty minutes?”

“You bet.”

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I packed my guitar and notebook into my guitar case and also threw in a few pencils. After getting everything done, I grabbed my keys, said goodbye to both sets of twins, and headed to work.