‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Judgement

I sat down in the living room after Kryce had left with the intention of watching a movie, but of course the older set of twins had to interrupt me.

“He’s not that bad, Shy. I kind of approve.” Nika said.

“Kind of?” Why only kind of? Was there a flaw or something of his that I over looked?

“Well I don’t know him too well yet. When I know more about him, I’ll let you know what I really think of him.” she replied.

“Yeah, so far he seems really nice, good with kids, and he’s good looking, so all seems great. We just want to know more about him.” Marcy added.

“Alright, well, you can interrogate him the next time I see him, maybe over dinner or something, and we’d get a babysitter for the kids, ok?” I didn’t think they’d go for it, but they jumped at the offer like piranhas after human flesh.

“Of course, I know who can watch the kids…how about tomorrow night? Why waste any time, right?” Marcy said in a rush.

“I’ll call him tomorrow afternoon, ok? Then we’ll go from there.” I said standing up from the couch. “I’m heading to bed now, I didn’t sleep so well last night, see you in the morning.” I headed up stairs and into my room.

After getting all ready for bed and laying down under the blankets, I became aware of someone else in the room. “Yes?” I asked in the general direction of the person.

“Shy, can I talk to you?” Marcy asked quietly.

I rolled over and looked to where she was standing in the doorway. “Of course, get over here.” I said smiling.

She walked over and sat on the edge of the bed facing me. “Please don’t tell Nika what I talked to you about?” she asked.

“I won’t. Now what is it?” I asked in response.

“Well, I like you with Kryce. I haven’t seen you happy and out doing things in damn near two years, he’s doing good for you.” she said looking at me sadly.

“Then why were you all happy about interrogating him?”

“Well, Nika doesn’t like the idea of you being with someone again, so I played along so she wouldn’t get mad at me.” she confessed.

“Why doesn’t Nika like me with someone again?”

“She thinks that you’re going to go back to normal, and that you won’t need us anymore…and we don’t really have anywhere to be, we’re so used to living with you and the kids, it would be weird.” She looked at her hands resting on her lap and waited for my response.

“Marcy, I’ll still need you, don’t worry about it, ok? And tell your sister not to worry as well.” I said grasping her hand lightly for a moment.

“Ok, thanks Shy. But that’s not all.”

“Ok, what else is there?” I asked, suddenly curious.

“Well…the reason Nika doesn’t want you with anyone else is because she thinks that with Demik gone now, that she’d get a chance with you. Living with you for two years, and you being single for that time has given her false hope. I know it won’t happen, you’re gay and that’s the way it is, but for some reason she just can’t accept it anymore.” she said quietly.

“Oh, well…that’s…odd. I don’t know what to say to that, but I’m happy now. There might be a chance between me and Kryce, and if there is, then I plan on taking it.” I said nervously.

“Oh…night Shy.” Marcy left the room in a rush after that and it made me realize what she was talking about. That last part about Nika liking me, it wasn’t true…well it was but it wasn’t Nika…it was Marcy who liked me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So to make up for not updating on New Years eve at midnight like I told myself i would, I decided to do a double update...maybe triple or more, but I have to get a lot of comments if you want 2 or 3 other updates today

And by the way...the song Shy sang in chapter 12, i do believe...when they're at the studio...that song is copyrighted by me, yes me...i wrote it so don't steal it!!!!

People who commented:
Hayley_Horizon

More comments please????