‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Music lessons and a date?

I had spent most of the school day thinking in the music room. By the time I had snapped myself out of my trance, I realized I had to pick Tora and James up from school. So heading outside and getting into my car, I took off towards the school to get my kids.

When we got home I made them something quick to eat and sent them off to their rooms to do their homework. At four I got a call from Kryce asking if it was alright for him and Maseera to come over so I could give her that music lesson I promised. I told him it was alright, and within twenty minutes of hanging up there was a knock on the door.

“Hey Shy.” Kryce greeted when I opened the door for him and his daughter.

“Hey, come on in and I’ll show you to the music room.” I led them through the house once the door was closed and upstairs to the music room.

I showed Maseera all the different instruments I owned and some of the history behind them. I showed her how to tune a guitar properly and the sounds that each string made without fretting it. She seemed pretty interested in it, but like Tora, she was fascinated by the piano.

She wanted to know what the pedals on the bottom did so I showed her the difference between playing regular, to playing some notes with each pedal pressed. I taught her a few simple songs then showed her how to read music.

The music reading was where she had troubles. It was more or less she couldn’t tell what the notes were. Not the actual notes, but how long to hold them and stuff. Like quarter notes, half notes, and eighth notes. But three hours later I was happy to say that she understood most of what I taught her.

At this point the twins and Maseera were off doing whatever it is kids do and me and Kryce were still sitting in the music room. I was leisurely playing the piano and he was sitting by me talking about anything and everything.

Normally chatter while I’m playing doesn’t bother me, but what Kryce asked sort of caught me off guard and caused my playing to falter noticeably.

“What was that?” I asked looking at him.

“I asked if you wanted to go out on a date tonight.” he replied smiling.

“Um…what about our kids?”

“Well Maseera is capable of watching the twins, so I don’t see why it’s a problem. She can cook simple things. Soup, pasta, stuff like that. So we could go out to dinner, have a glass of wine, and Maseera is able to take care of dinner here. What do you say?” he looked hopeful, almost like he was pouting. It was a challenge to even think about resisting him, so I just gave in.

“Alright. You talk to your daughter, and I’ll talk to the twins.”

“Ok, but I’m paying for dinner.” he said smiling.

I laughed and nodded as we went off to find the kids and tell them to behave for and hour or two. In a way I was looking forward to this, but in a way I wasn’t. I felt bad because in all honesty, it makes me feel like I’m betraying Demik. Even though he’s gone, I’m still technically married…sort of. But maybe Kryce would be the one to help me let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I give this part another five, maybe ten chapters and then it's on to part 3. You better increase the number of comments or I'm leaving it at part two. I got a lot of feedback on part 1, so what's wrong with this one?

People who commented:
Ms.Hopeless_Savage

More comments please??