‹ Prequel: Purple Hearts

Hope

Together...Forever...

"So, what are you thinking Mrs Armstrong?" Billie said then pressed his warm mouth against Franky's forehead and held it there for a moment.

"Hey, tomorrow I shall become Mrs Armstrong, at the moment I'm still Miss Wright." She replied, enjoying the attention she was getting from him.

"I can't wait. I've waited so long for this." Billie said pulling her close to him, tightly close, so close that he was hurting her slightly but she didn't care.

"Me neither. It should have happened years ago." She said with regret knowing she'd been an idiot. They were meant to be together, they'd talked so much together since the day she'd told him he was Hope's father.

"We've been over that and we decided to move forward, its a new time for us now. Agreed?" He said raising his eyebrows questioningly at her.

"Agreed." Franky said.

"So...what were you thinking of just then?"

"I was thinking about our conversation earlier about...you know, our parents."

She could feel his fingers carressing her arm, small circular motions that caused a tingling deep within her stomach.

"I still can't believe you see her too. How often do you see her?" Billie said.

"She comes to me when I'm really low. Sometimes I thought I was just dreaming but...I'm definitely awake and she's standing at the bottom of my bed. She seems to appear when I need a little strength from somewhere. I thought I was going mad, no-one else knows about it only you and now you told me the same thing happens with you, that you have visions of your father, I...I realise I'm not going mad after all."

Billie laughed at her. "You are mad honey, mad for me," said Billie turning her face to his and kissing her deeply, his fingers still playing on her arm causing her breath to catch.

"I can't believe what you've arranged for our honeymoon. Its just...perfect." Franky said snuggling down onto his chest her head dizzy from his kiss.

"Are you sure you don't mind Franky? I mean, some people wouldn't want everyone sharing their honeymoon, especially their whole family."

"No Billie, this is different, it must have took some organising. Tell me what you've planned for us again."

"I've already told you three times." Billie said, then laughed.

"Tell me again, I can't believe you've done this for us."

"OK." Billie said beginning to tell his wife to be what he'd planned for their honeymoon. "The day after the wedding we have a private plane taking everyone over to Europe, we can visit some old places that you remember as a child, then we're off touring Europe, all of us and we end up on a beach somewhere to relax and chill out."

"And Julia and Emily will be meeting us in England, that right?"

"Yes, two days after the wedding and Gerard will meet us on his tour at some point, Adrienne's arranging that. I can't believe they're a couple. They're perfect together and its such a shame MCR can't make the wedding."

"I'd have liked him to be there but it can't be helped. I'm so excited Billie, tomorrow is going to be the best day of my life and then everyone is sharing our honeymoon. Hope is so excited about it."

"I think, well, I've told you before I think...well, I always wanted her to be my daughter, not ever realising that she was. Its going to be great Franky, I just don't want you to have any regrets. Like I said...we're moving forward. Lets just try and forget our lost time."

"I can't wait to marry you Mr Armstrong," Franky said looking into his sparkling green eyes.

"AndI can't wait to marry you." Billie said and smiled the smile she'd always adored.

"Yep, we'll be together forever. That OK with you?" She questioned but knowing the answer.

"That's fine with me, now, what do you want to do, your last evening as a single woman?"

"Well, there is one thing I want to do," Franky said as she pulled him closer to her and felt his fingers move higher up her arm

The Next Day

Franky watched her father’s reaction as she came down the stairs, dressed in her mother’s wedding dress, all set to finally marry the man of her dreams, the man she’d always wanted, the man she had been destined all her life to be with, she’d fought it along the way thinking it was wrong but now, of course it wasn’t wrong.

It was meant to be. She was marrying her Billie at last.

“My god you look beautiful,” said Tre holding his hand out to her.

She took his hand, warm and familiar and smiled widely at him.

“I had to wear it, I always wanted to.” Franky said looking down at her mother’s wedding dress.

“She would have been so proud.” He said, his voice husky. She knew he’d get emotional.

“I know, she’s here with me, I feel it,” Franky said and she could and after her mother’s visit last night she felt content. Her mother had came to her and Franky guessed it would be for the last time because of her mother’s words. “Everything is going to be just fine now Franky, you won’t need me here anymore. I love you.” And then she was gone and finally Franky felt at peace knowing her mother was right.

Everything was going to be just fine.

“Come on, the car is waiting and everyone will be in church. Billie will be waiting for you. He loves you so much you know.”

“I know. I think I’ve kept him waiting long enough don’t you? Let’s go Dad; I want to be with him.” She said smiling widely again and Tre knew his daughter was finally ready to marry Billie and he was so pleased for them both.

Finally she’d agreed. She’d always been a stubborn one.

He couldn’t be happier for them, they had Hope, they were starting a new life together and tomorrow they were all flying off to enjoy some time away together. All of them. Well, apart from Julia and Emily. They were visiting some family or other straight after the wedding but were going to join them in a few day's time.

It would be such fun, everyone together, enjoying themselves.

Just like the old days.

But of course it wasn’t quite like the old days for he still missed his ex wife a great deal.

He’d never quite got over it but he’d moved on. He'd had to.

“Come on Dad, don’t you make me late for my wedding!” Franky shouted from the front door. “Hey, I like this tie,” she said and they giggled together, their laugh the same as they left the house for Franky to go and marry her Billie.

Together, Forever.

Heaven

"Hey Mom, what time is Charlie coming over? I can't wait to see him." Asked Samuel, the son that looked so much like Franky, every time she saw him she missed her daughter so much but...it wouldn't be long now and they'd be together again. She couldn't wait.

"Any moment now. Have you put the TV on, I can't wait to see them all."

"Yep, the TV is on and I've tuned in to the correct channel. Are they really coming soon, are we really all going to be together again?" He said, blue eyes shining brightly.

"Yes sweetheart, they are."

"And you've arranged for all of them to come?" He said turning towards the TV that took up one wall of their paradise house. They were tuned in, tuned in to Oakland California to watch the wedding of his sister Franky. It was so exciting.

"Almost all, well all except Emily, Julia and Gerard, I thought things would be a little difficult if they came."

"I can't wait to see Dad again, I can't remember him." Samuel said.

Sammi laughed, "of course you won't remember him, you haven't seen him since you were born silly." She said smiling at him for she loved him so. Tre was going to love him.

"Is Aunt Jen OK? She's been acting a little weird lately." Samuel said turning the sound up a little.

"She's...fine, a little worried about seeing Mike again, that's all. She feels she made a huge mistake in what she did, she just needed a little help from the doctors but they didn't give it to her and she slipped away. Lucky for us though, huh because we have her here with us?"

"Yeah, I love Aunt Jen, she's quite like you. Mom?" Samuel questioned.

"Yes honey?" Sammi said.

"Are you looking forward to seeing Dad again?" He asked, shyly.

"I'm so looking forward to seeing him. Of course we've managed to tune in to earth many times and I've watched him but...just to see him, to hold him and talk to him, I can't wait Samuel."

"But...but he belongs to Julia now. Won't it be a little sad when Dad leaves her?"

"Yes. Yes, it will but...you know I've lined up someone good and kind for Julia to meet in a couple of years, Gerard will throw himself into his music when Adrienne leaves and Emily, well, Emily unfortunately will be sad for a very long time, she'll make a few mistakes in life but in a few years she'll meet someone new who'll be good and kind to her so, don't worry, they'll all be fine in the end."

"Charlie said to me he can't wait too see Adrienne again and he's counting the days." Samuel said changing the subject away from Julia.

"Well, he won't have to wait long now will he? A few more and then they'll all be here. They're going to love it here, its like paradise. Oh....and another thing Samuel, you'll never guessed who I bumped into the other day?"

"Who Mom?" He said wondering who else her mother knew that lived around here.

"Billie's Dad. He's joining us to watch the wedding and I've told him what's going to happen, that they'll all be joining us soon. He's so excited to."

"Its going to be OK Mom isn't it? Its going to be huge news when they leave earth."

"It will, it will be hard to adjust but...its going to work out just fine. The main thing is we'll be together...forever."

Two Days Later
The Daily News

It has been reported that the airplane that crashed into the ocean killing its entire crew and passengers was a private plane that had been hired by the punk rock singer Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day. Their fans are in mourning today, not because of the loss of just Billie Joe but it has been reported that the entire band and their families were on board.

Billie Joe who had just married Green Day's drummer Tre Cool's daughter Francesca had planned the trip so that the entire family could be together as they'd been through some rough patches just recently. Also on the flight were Billie and Franky's daughter Hope and Billie's children Joseph and Jakob. Tre Cool's other children from previous relationships Ramona and Frankito, Billie's ex wife Adrienne and Mike Dirnt, the bass player's daughter Estelle were also said to have been killed. Tre Cool's current wife Julia and her daughter Emily are said to be devastated at the loss and the boyfriend of Adrienne Armstrong, Gerard Way who is currently on tour with rock band MCR is putting his tour on hold for the near future.

A sad day for music fans but undoubtedly Green Day's music will live on forever...

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to say a huge thanks to all that have stuck with me and read this story, I started the first chapter way back in 2006 ! I can't believe I've only just finished it.

Thanks to all that took the time to comment, you don't know how much it has meant.

Love you x