A Very Jonathan Cook Musical

008

I rested my head against the wall in the movie theater.
Instantly regretting it when I did so. I touched the back of my red hair, making a face when I pulled my hand away.
“Gross,” Jimmie said from my left, “you can put your head on my shoulder if you want, it’ll be cleaner than the wall.”
I shrugged and looked at the front. From what I know, no one knows about mine and Jonathan‘s kiss. About me pushing him away. And regretting it.
Jonathan, who was sitting at the other end of our row, had done his best to act like nothing had happened. Done his best to completely ignore me the whole way to the movie theatre.
The same before previews were playing, making my ever growing boredom even worse.
“Hey, I think this one is The Notebook,” Caleb said, wrapping his arm around Jimmie. His hand grazed my shoulder, causing me to look up.
“Oh, Caleb. You’re just so smart.” I said in a monotone voice. He sent me a wide smile and threw some pop corn up in the air, catching it in his mouth.
I rolled my eyes and looked back to the screen.

“Excuse me,” a girl said, she was sitting a few rows in front of us. And by the Edward Cullen shirt that she was wearing I could tell she was going to get pissed off by us.
I nudged Jimmie’s side and pointed at the girl. I sure as hell wasn’t in the mood to deal with her.
“Huh…oh? Yeah?” she asked, sitting up straight and leaning forward a little. Caleb’s arm fell down to her waist, I could feel his thumb moving in circles on her waist, and my arm.
“Why are you guys in those costumes? Don’t you know this is New Moon?” the girl rudely asked, brushing some of her blonde hair from her face.
“What costumes?” Jimmie asked, her eyes going wide. “We aren’t wearing any costumes. Why would you think that?”
The girl’s mouth dropped open “You’re not wearing costumes? You just seemed to be dressed weirdly.”
“You think we dress weird?” Jimmie asked, looking at me “I don’t think we’re dressed weird. I mean, this is our school uniform.”
“Oh.” The girl answered, “I’m sorry.”
She quickly turned and faced the front.
“You’re a horrible person.” I told Jimmie, shoving Caleb’s arm so that I wouldn’t have to feel him anymore. “And you can knock that off,” I told him.
He just grinned, “just cause you don’t have the guts to go with Jonathan, doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t display my affection for Jimmie.”
I rolled my eyes. If only he knew how much that hurt.
“It’s a dumb idea,” I told Jimmie for the umpteenth time. “I’m not doing it.”
“Yeah you are!” she said, “Come on. For me? If we don’t do this, I’m getting us kicked out of here by acting obscene!”
I closed my eyes and sighed, “Fine. What are we doing again?” I asked, sitting back in my chair.
“When stupid head comes on, all of us except for Ziggy are going to stand up and go ‘Cedric?! You’re alive!?’ and then Ziggy’s gonna stand up and use the killing curse on him!”
I rolled my eyes, “Fine. I don’t see why not.”
She grinned and hugged me tightly.

“I thought you weren’t going to get us kicked out of there.” I hissed at Jimmie as the security was placing my brother and her outside.
She just looked at me with wide eyes “I didn’t think that whispering ‘are his nipples deformed?!’ would get us kicked out!” she defended herself.
“Jimmie, you yelled it.” Kent stated, leaning against the building.
“Oops.” she said, shrugging.
I rolled my eyes as I hugged myself around the middle. I glanced at Jonathan who was looking down at his feet, causing my stomach to lurch forward.
“So, what do we do now?” Austin asked, adjusting his cape securely around his shoulders.
“We wait for my mom and dad,” Caleb said looking back at the theatre where the security was walking our parents out.
I had to bite back a laugh as my mother called the security a dirty name before turning to us. “Well, now what?” she asked us, smiling widely.
“Well, we could just go back home.” Caleb said with a sigh, giving Jimmie a sad look.
“I guess.” she answered, laying her head on his shoulder.
My mom smiled towards them before pulling her keys out of her pocket, “Okay. Home it is.”
We all followed her and my dad to their cars.
I climbed in the back seat of my dad’s car and buckled my seat belt.
“Ziggy, you and Kent and Tanya coming back to our place?” Caleb asked before climbing into our dad’s car.
He looked at the others who just gave him a bored look “Nah. I think I’ll just drop them off and head home.”
Caleb nodded his head before climbing in next to me and buckling his seat belt.

By the time that we got back to my house, almost everyone had decided that they were going to go home.
Everyone besides the two that were spending the night; Jonathan and Jimmie.
“Sorry about your party Jimmie.” Jonathan said as we all sat in my living room.
She shrugged, “It’s my fault.”
“Yeah it is.” I joked, trying to lighten my own mood. She just frowned as her eyes cast downwards. “Sorry,” I mumbled.
She shrugged “Well, I think I’m going to go change and brush my hair, maybe shave it..” she said standing up. I nodded my head and watched her as she left the room.
I licked my lips and rested against the back of the couch as an uncomfortable silence filled the room.
“Ya know, I think I’m going to go get changed too,” Caleb mumbled standing up. “be back in a bit.”

If I thought the silence before was bad, it didn’t compare to the one that had settled in now.
The only noise that could be heard was the sound of our breathing and Jonathan picking at his nail.
After a while he sighed “Liz, could we talk please?” he suddenly asked.
I looked over at him, “Yeah.” without a sound he moved and sat down next to me. I crossed my legs and turned to face him.
“I’m sorry for kissing you before, I thought that that’s what you wanted.” his eyes cast downwards as he spoke.
“Don’t be sorry.” I whispered, pulling his face towards mine, “you know, I hear that in the end Harry and Ginny get together.” I smiled.
He grinned slightly and moved his face towards mine. Without hesitation I pressed my lips against his. His arms tangled around me, pulling me towards his body as he deepened the kiss.
I snagged my arms around his shoulders, holding onto him with everything that I had, just praying that the kiss would never end.

“Hey, Liz do you have any-oh my gosh, never mind, I’ll just ask Caleb.” Jimmie said, causing Jonathan to pull away from me. “No, no, don’t stop I’m leaving.”
I tried to quickly regain my breath as she exited the room. Slowly, my eyes scanned back up to Jonathan’s face, smiling back towards him. He reached forward and brushed some of my red hair behind my ear.
“I’m sorry I pushed you away before.” I whispered, allowing him to give me another quick kiss.
“Don’t worry about it,” he grinned, “I’m glad you came to your senses.”
I rolled my eyes and pulled him back down for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end, did you like it?
:D