Status: Finished.

Poison Ivy

Isn't It Funny How Life Works Out?

“Where are you guys going?!” My sister asked as I rummaged through the clothing in her closet, hoping maybe she’d have something I could borrow.
“I have NO clue, he won’t tell me!” I said, nervously. “I just know that tonight is going to be extravagant. He told me to dress sharp.”
“Honey, we’re the Baker sisters, we always dress sharp!”
“I heard that! Oh! Can I borrow this?” I pulled a tea length black dress that had flowing short sleeves and a cinched waist.
“Yeah, sure. It’ll look classy.” She got up from her bed when she heard the baby screaming and I took that as my cue to leave. I told her bye, gave the baby a kiss and left.
On my drive back to their home I felt the butterflies rising and wanted to stop to throw up. I finally met my destination and went inside my home. The decorators were there putting the final touches on the place and I loved it. They started yesterday and I was surprised at their break neck speed, but of course there’s no telling how much Kevin is paying them.
I walked into the bathroom and took a long shower, being sure to shave my legs thoroughly. I got out in a swirl of steam and found Nick standing there, smiling as I swayed my hips and hummed in excitement.
“Hello, gorgeous!” He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.
“Nick! Gosh, you scared me!” I smiled and placed my hands on his shoulders.
“I was going to tell you that I can’t wait for tonight!”
“Okay.” I giggled as he kissed my neck. “Okay, get ready, meet me in the foyer of the house in an hour.” He smiled deeply and kissed me passionately. He walked out of the room and left me standing in a love swirl, from which it was getting harder and harder to get out of.
I finally gained my bearings and went into my room to get dressed. I took my time on my hair and made sure my make up looked like someone else did it.
I slid the little black dress on and instantly felt sexy. I found my best heels and strapped them up as well. Little sprits of perfume here and there, and I was on my way to the house. When I walked into the foyer, Stefani and Joe were getting ready to leave.
“Wow, you look amazing!” Joe smiled and hugged me.
“I’m quite impressed myself!” Stefani said and hugged me as well, she whispered in my ear quickly, “knock him off his feet.”
“I already have once, maybe more.” I smiled as they walked out the door. I heard someone coming down the stairs behind me so I turned, but it was Kevin.
“You look fabulous.” He smiled and gave me a bear hug.
“Thanks.” I smiled and returned the hug openly.
“I hope you have lots of fun tonight, I’m very happy for you.” He held my hands as he said this, and I saw the sincerity in his eyes.
“Thank you, that means a lot. But what are you going to go do tonight?”
“I’ve got a date with a good movie and a bucket of extra buttery popcorn.” He chuckled and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before walking away. I stood there awkwardly after that and waited a few more minutes.
Then he came down in a black suit with white shirt and a black tie. I was the one that was getting knocked off my feet at the moment and stared at him in awe.
“Are you ready, malady?” He smiled and held out his elbow for me to take.
“I am, you look ravishing this evening.”
“Please, I pale in comparison to you tonight.” He smiled and gave me a kiss.
“Things like that will give me a big head.” I laughed at him as we walked to the driver in the Lincoln Town car that was waiting.

“Bottle of your finest champagne, please.” Nick asked the waiter. I didn’t ask how he got away with ordering it but I assumed it was because of his status and threw it over my shoulder as nothing. “Well?”
“This restaurant is…wow.” I said looking around. I had never seen such a place in my whole life and was taken back by the veracity of it all.
“I wanted this to be special for you, and it means quite a great deal to me too. I’m nervous as heck right now.” He smiled as he sipped water. I found it endearing that he was nervous and giggled. He smiled at me and pointed to the dance floor, “Want to dance?”
“I don’t think I know how.”
“Nonsense, come on, it’s all in the leading.” He took my hand and pulled me to my feet. We took our place amongst the older, richer crew and started the slow sway. I enjoyed being close to him and laid my head on his chest. “You know…”
“What?”
“After we eat we could totally blow this popsicle stand and do something more fun.”
“Like?” I looked up and into his deep, chocolate brown eyes.
“Well, what I had in mind would work, but I want to know what you want to do.”
“I’m in for whatever is good enough for you,” I stated.
“Alright then…we’ll see what happens then.” He grinned and I all of a sudden felt uneasy about letting him control the outcome of this date.
After dancing two more songs, we sat down to drink and eat. The food was to die for, but the proportions were too small. When we got into the car we looked at each other.
“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Nick asked me.
“If you’re thinking bag of burgers from McDonalds on the beach, then yes.”
“This is why I love you!” He threw his hands up and kissed me on the cheek. I just giggled like a school girl and he told the driver where to go.
When we got to the beach, we found a small spot that was lit enough to see our food and we sat to eat. I sat and ate the burger in silence while he polished off fries. I looked onto the waves and looked at him.
“Why?”
“Why what?” He asked back, looking at me. He looked adorable with the straw hanging half way out of his mouth and sipping the small drink.
“Why me?”
“Why you…hmmm…” He acted like he was pondering and then smiled, “Do you want the cheesy version or the ‘get to the point’ version?”
“Right now?” He nodded at me, “the cheesy one.” I laid back in the sand and made him lay with me to look into the sky.
“Because you have an amazing personality, and your past speaks to me. Even though I’ve never lived these things you’ve had to endure, I feel for you, and love how it’s made you a stronger woman. I love your smile, your green eyes, and your hair that I can only seem to think of one word when I see it, and that’s sunshine. Your body makes me want you in ways I’ve never felt about a woman and your actions make them that much more appealing to me.” He stopped and looked at me.
“Take a breath kid.”
“Sorry, I’ve been wanting to say that since the moment we made love that lonely night.” He turned his body to me and rested his head on his hand.
“Why did you never say it?”
“Honestly? I wanted you to be happy, I knew you’d try everything to be with Kevin just to make him happy. It actually made me sad when I saw that you were unhappy trying to make him happy.”
“So you didn’t do anything because it was for the better?”
“And I knew you’d eventually come to me.” He chuckled.
“Let’s not get conceited, Mr. Jonas.” I giggled back and playfully hit him.
His smile died and he looked at me in all sincerity, “I love you.” He said aloud, and for the first time, I really felt it make me come alive.
“I love you, too.” I smiled and kissed his cheek.
“I will never grow old from hearing that.” He brushed my face with his hand and kissed my lips softly.

I woke up beside Nick the next morning, who was snoring lightly and drooling a little bit. I had to giggle at him, and covered my mouth not to disturb him. I crawled out of the bed and decided to head downstairs for Lucky Charms for breakfast.
When I walked into the kitchen though, Kevin was standing there laughing at cartoons, eating some cereal as well. I grabbed the necessities of cereal and sat down beside him.
“Good morning!” He greeted me.
“Good morning.” I smiled at him.
“How was last night?” He asked. I was a little surprised at him being this candid this early in the morning, but I shouldn’t have expected any less from him.
“I had fun, it was very romantic and nice.”
“Well that’s cool…hey, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” He turned his attention from the TV and looked at me.
“What is it?”
“Is your sister single?”
“Are you serious?” I wasn’t taken back by the question, but I wasn’t one hundred percent sure how he knew my sister.
“Yes.”
“I mean…yes, she is, and I don’t know if she’s looking though.”
“Can you…put in a good word for me?”
“Why? Do you like her?”
“I’ve seen a picture or two, and I faintly remember her from the bar incident. She seems cool enough.”
“You like her, don’t lie.” I smiled at him. He shrugged and I playfully swatted his arm.
“I do, I know it’s a little weird because of our past, but she seems decent.”
“It’s not weird.” No, let me introduce you to my sister, she needs a man, plus I’d like to see you father a child. “If you don’t mind a baby.”
“That’s a hurdle we’ll cross when it gets here.”
“Fine, I’ll put in a good word for you.”
“Thanks pal.” He smiled at me and it was at that exact moment, I knew my love for Kevin was nothing more than a simple friendly love. I’ve experienced true love with Nick, and I know the difference now.

“Fiona?” I asked over the phone. I was relaxing poolside in the hot summer sun and stared at Nick’s graceful swimming.
“Yes?” She gave back the same tone I made.
“I have a question…” I didn’t know how to start the subject, but I figured asking her if she had any attraction to Kevin would help.
“Okay…shoot.”
“Do you think Kevin is hot?”
“Totally.” She put it simple, which made my next task a little but simpler.
“Would you go on a date with him?”
“Will you watch baby Rose?”
“I guess I can.”
“Alright, then, yes. Text me the time later, I got to go.” I heard the baby cooing in the background and a click.
Nick emerged from the water, and my panties were on fire at the small droplets of water running down his muscular chest. “Your sister and my brother? This can’t end well.”
“Actually, she likes him, he likes her, I’m just hoping I don’t get blamed for when, and quite possibly how, your brother becomes a surrogate father to my niece.”
“All the best to them, I suppose.” He toweled off and sat down in the chair beside me. “Do you want kids?”
“One day, in the near future I’d hope, I’m not getting any younger.”
He laughed at that, and I wondered if we’d have to wait for him to turn eighteen to get married.
“Well, let me get legal first, then we’ll discuss these things, marriage, kids, and such.”
“Are you serious?”
“Why would I date someone that I didn’t have a chance of taking it all the way with? I made my mistakes with Selena and Miley, and I now know where I needed corrections.”
“You’re a strange kid, Nick. Strange, but oddly wise for a seventeen year old.”
“I know, what can I say? I’m the man.” He smiled at me and I just rolled my eyes.

Epilogue.

It’s been two years since that day, and we’re now married. We still live in the Jonas household with Kevin. Joe and Stefani moved out after their marriage shortly after mine and Nick’s relationship shot off.
It was a small quaint wedding with just a few of their friends and most of the Jonas family. I had to wear orange, I was mad.
Kevin and Fiona are now happily dating, and have been dating, for the past two years. They hit it off like a charm and Rose’s first word was ‘Kevin.’ We all rolled our eyes when he decided to make it public that he was the coolest because Rose loved him the most. Kevin has been freed from his past and he thanks me every chance he gets for helping him.
I hope to one day be able to have kids with the love of my life, and be able to live in our own home, but for now, we’re still living in the small pool house out back from the Jonas mansion, because we both like the small. Isn’t it funny how life works out?
♠ ♠ ♠
LOOONG finale chapter =)

Tell me your thoughts of the story as a whole! I'd love to hear them! And be sure to check out the side by side story from Nick's POV, 'Bad Romance.' =)

-HammiHamz