Sequel: Seasons Change
Status: complete.

There's No Penguins In Alaska

I

(Winter.)

Brown hair

Blue eyes

Black rimmed glasses

Black clothes

“Scene kid”

Silent

Scared on the inside

Hard on the outside

Shut off to the world

Moody

Cold

That’s me. The one and only Winter Mitchell Birch. Yes like the season and the tree. Opposite named of my twin sister. Summer Willow Birch. I have a feeling that they disliked us when we were born. I wouldn’t know. They both died in a horrible car accident when Summer and I were only 2 years old. Summer and I were stuck with our grandparents. YAY.

See we went to stay with my mother’s parents. But things happened. Not good things. One day I wised up and realized that Summer and I still had other grandparents. I called them, hoping to god they answered. I hoped they knew who I was. They didn’t. I guess my father never told them about Sum and I. But they believed the story.

Now here I am. Moving from warm, sunny California, to dreary, dismally Ohio. Yes dismally is a word. I used spell check and a dictionary. I’m a smart one.

But I was perfectly fine with moving. I welcomed it with open arms. Even if I had to move to China. As long as I’m away from him. The thought of that disgusting foul man throws me into a blind rage.

“Winter. Winter? Winter!” Summer yelled at me, breaking me from my thoughts.

“Hmm?” I asked.

“We’re almost there. Look at this view.” Summer said.

It was breathtaking. Apparently we lived on the beach. Which was not really a beach like at the ocean. I guess this is just some really big lake or something. I do believe it’s called Lake Erie. Yes? The water was clear blue and shiny from the sunbeams bouncing brilliantly off of the surface.

Wide open space that’s all I could see besides the water and beach. The only exception being the house at the end of the fork in the road opposite the direction we were taking.

Only two houses on a four mile long road both separated but a fork. Hmm…

As we neared the house Summer and I gasped synchronically.

Amazing. A three story Brown colored home sat before us. It was all the way at the end of the road positioned in some trees.

But not to many to not see the waves lapping at the legs of a wooden dock. Off the dock were a small red canoe, two paddle boats and two jet skis.

The car was pulled into a matching four car garage that was settled to the right of the home. Home? House? No. Mansion!

Oh holy shit. We parked next none other than a cherry red Lamborghini. I’ve always wanted one.

“Winter are you coming?” Summer asked. I just nodded and stepped out of the CR-V. Black. Nice. My grandma got style.

“What is up with you? You keep zoning out. Jeez” she sighed.

“Nothing.” I muttered under my breath.

“what exactly is the address Mrs. Manning?” Summer asked our grandmother.

“Oh sweetie I’m your grandma. Call me granny or…old fart if you like.” we laughed at this. “214 North Lakefront Drive, darling.”

{not a real address. the North Lakefront Drive is but not the number. idk if there's even houses there}

“Thanks grams.” summer said. Grams. I like it.

“See much better than Mrs. Manning isn’t it?” Grams asked.

We nodded.

“Ok my pretties let’s get you all settled in. Grab some bags.”

We made our way into the warm home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is from Quizilla. But I'm taking everything off of there and putting it on Mibba.