Sequel: Seasons Change
Status: complete.

There's No Penguins In Alaska

XIII

(Winter.)

Right now Alex and I were sitting in detention. Detention on my first day. That can’t look good. Why you ask? Well let’s recap.

***

I approached Alex at his locker after 5th period.

“Hey Alex. Look I know I made you mad and I’m sorry. I’ll totally back off of Gage.” he smiled. “I mean why didn’t you just tell me you liked him instead of getting all worked up?” yea he wasn’t smiling anymore.

“What?! I don’t like him.”

“Why did you get all pissy then?”

He slammed his locker door shut.

“It wasn’t because of that!” now it was a screaming match.

“Well then what the fuck is your problem?” I yelled back.

“What the fuck is MY problem? YOU! You are my problem! First day and you got yourself a boyfriend. You’re a slut!”

“At least I don’t fuck anything with three legs! YOU ASS!”

Alex and I were nose to nose glaring each other down…until the principle decided to break us up.

“Detention for three days. I want to see the both of you in the office after school.” Mr. Karrigan said.

“Yes sir.” I stated flatly.


*****

“You boys need to keep your words to yourself. No wash down each and every desk. Then wash all the boards. Here are the keys to the rooms. Get as far as you can today. You got three days to do this.” Mr. Karrigan said tossing the keys in my direction.

With that said he left the room and went back to the office.

“Good going dip shit. You got us detention.” Alex spat in my direction.

“hey fuck face you started screaming first.” I spat back.

We went to work and didn’t speak for a good twenty minutes. I worked my ass off until Alex spoke breaking the silence.

“What do you even know about this kid? You guys just met.” Alex whispered, still not looking in my direction.

“Ummm…his favorite color is red, hence the hair, he hates math with a passion. He has a 5 year old sister. He’s gay, obviously. He likes scary movies.”

“Wow. I could figure all of those things out in a five minute conversation with someone. You don’t know him at all. This is a bad idea Winter.”

“Look. All I know is that he’s nice, he’s hot, and he actually likes me as more than a friend. So butt out will you!” I was getting really frustrated.

“Fine. But you know, he’s not the only choice you have.” he mumbled.

“OH really? And who would be my other choice? The fucking Pope? No I don’t.”

He didn’t say a word the rest of the time. He stayed at least a yard away from me the whole time and never ONCE looked in my direction. Ass.

Afterwards I offered him a ride home but he declined saying he ‘needed a walk’ and that he’d get a ride from someone else when he wanted to go home. Whatever doucher.

One day down four more to go.