Sequel: Seasons Change
Status: complete.

There's No Penguins In Alaska

II

(Winter.)

We made our way into the warm home.

My room was amazingly spacious. Grams decided it would be best if Sum and I take the third floor seeing as how they never used it. Wow a whole FLOOR to ourselves. Back in Cali me and Summer shared a small room together.

Sum and I each got our own bedroom, bathroom, and walk in closet. There was also a guest bathroom, a small screening room (to watch movies in) and a game room, complete with every game, game console, and two flat screen plasma televisions.

Oh the technology.

Anyway back to my room. It was huge with a king sized four poster bed, with a red and black striped duvet and matching sheets, shams, and pillow cases.

The walls were blood red with black trim.

“Defiantly love the room.” I sighed jumping face first into the bed.

“OOO….love the room Winny.” I groaned at the nickname.

“Don’t call me that. You know I hate it.” I gave her a death glare.

Just then my grandmother poked her head inside the door.

“Hey kids. Are you settling in ok?” Sum and I both nodded. “Ok well there’s some kids that live in the house down the road. They’re your age. I invited them to dinner if you don’t mind. I thought new friends would be good.”

“Thanks Grams! That’s great. We can’t sit in this house all summer long. Hehe Summer long.” Summer laughed.

Oh shit. Human contact is not my friend. A.K.A. I have no friends.

“Ok they’ll be here at 6. Dinner will be ready at 6:30. Grams flashed her pearly whites turning on her heals to leave the room. Her snow white, waist length hair swayed behind her. She was very pretty. A nice tan, not fake looking, even though it probably was seeing as how we’re so far north the sun is probably never out. Her eyes were bright blue. Short, only 5”2’? But hey I’m only 5”6’ so I can’t make comments about height. Even summer is taller than me with a hardy 5”9’.

“Sweetie let’s get ready. Gotta look nice for the people. We may get some new friends tonight.” Summer said cheerily. I hate cheery people.

I only nodded and turned to my closet. Grams had stocked our rooms with all the essentials she thought every teen should have. Or any rich teen.

That meant a full closet, laptop, iPod, Television, stereo, tons of CDs, call phone, a land line, digital camera, camcorder, PC, bathroom accessories, so on and so forth.

Wow I’d never seen so much stuff in my life. But then yet he barely got new school clothes every year. he wouldn’t allow it.

****

Summer and I were downstairs waiting for the guests to arrive. Sum had chosen an outfit suitable for me to wear. It was black skinnies, a short sleeve white shirt, with a black vest.

Summer had dressed in a black skirt, and long sleeve pink and white striped baby doll shirt. She wore white heels while I wore my basic black Vans.

Both of us wore the usual eyeliner. Grams even said it looked good on me. he always used to say it made me look like a ‘fairy’.

Even though I am, it still hurt.

Oh yea. Maybe a little more detail of myself would be good. I’m 16 years old. I’m gay. I have natural black hair, summer’s is blonde. Weird. What else is there to tell you? Oh right, maybe the fact that I HATE people. That’s why this little ‘get-together’ is, in my mind, horrible. What’s the point in meeting new people if they’re just gonna hate me once they find out I’m gay. Or maybe once they find out about my past they’ll hate me even more.

I hadn’t thought about the past situation. My stomach lurched even more and I thought I was gonna hurl.

“Grams maybe meeting new people is a bad idea” I squeaked.

“Oh sweetie, you’ll be fine. Trust me. I know these kids. It’ll be okay.” in the past few hours I’d grown to trust everything that woman said. This was bad for me. I just felt that deep connection. Kind of like I came out of her vagina and not her daughter-in-law’s.

Could this wait get anymore horrible? How long are they gonna take?

DING DONG.

A small girl poked her bubblegum pink hair into the door. She was very pretty. Pink hair with black tips. Black short sleeve V-neck t-shirt. Purple skinnies. Wow if I wasn’t gay I’d be all over that.

“Hello. You must be Winter and Summer. Wicked names by the way. I’m Abigail. But just call me Abby.” the pink haired little girl said. She was taller than me by an inch. Hmm…but still smaller than Summer. Summer did always dominate a relationship. Ooo…matchmaker.

“I’m Summer. This is Winter. But you already knew that.” Sum chuckled.

The girl extended her hand to shake our hands.

“Hello” I squeaked. Abby insisted on keeping a smile on her face at all times.

“Well aren’t you a cutie?” she asked with a giggle.

“He sure is.” A new voice rang from behind Abby.

OH HOLY SHIT!!!! Drop Dead, Gorgeous. And not the band.

His pure black mane reach right below his ears and over his right eye. Two black studs adorned his bottom lip. I couldn’t see his eyes because of the large Aviators he was wearing, but I could just tell they were beautiful. He wore a black and white v-neck sweater vest, with a plain black t-shirt underneath it. He also wore tight black dress pants. Nice ass, i mean attire. I think he caught be staring because he smirked in my direction. Oh great time for my fake face. The face that says ‘I’m a bad ass don’t come near me.’

“Hello my name is Alexander Churchill, but you may call me Alex. Pleasure to meet you.” He extended his hand towards my just like his sister, only this time I just looked at it with a raise eyebrow.

I turned to walk into the living room and take a seat on the loveseat. Abby and Summer took seat on the sofa opposite where is was sitting. That only left one seat for Alex. Next to me. Summer smiled and winked at me. Oh great.

Ok let’s get one thing straight. Yes I find Alex VERY attractive, but I’ll never say that out loud. Attraction is attachment. Attachment is not allowed.

“So Winter what grade are you in? School will be staring in about a month or so.” Alex asked. He was still staring at me.

“11th. Junior year.” I spoke quietly.

Alex’s hand patted my knee and stayed there until I gently shook it off.

“Oh that’s great. I’ll be in my senior year.” He said.

Abby mumbled “yea for the second time”

“Hey it’s not my fault I had shitty teachers”

“Yea but it is your fault that you spent every second in the bathroom having sex with some random guy you gabbed from the hallway.”

‘oh so he’s a player. Great. See? It was a good idea to act mean towards him’

“Umm…no. I’m just so hot guys just can’t keep their hands off me.”

I scoffed and mumbled “I seem to be doing just fine at keeping my hands off of you.”

He placed his hand on my inner thigh and leaned in to whisper in my ear “Oh sweetie just wait you’ll come crawling to me and begging for me to fuck the daylights out of you.”

“In your dreams” I spat.

“Oh it will be…and in yours too”

This night should be interesting.