Six Feet Under The Stars

Six Feet Under The Stars Oneshot

she could never count on him.
as long as katie adkins knew alex gaskarth, she knew better than to count on him for anything.

ever since katie first met alex, she knew she was in store for something else.
but katie couldn't stop herself from loving him.
and alex couldn't stop himself from loving her.
their relationship was amazing and heartbreaking at the same time.

alex was in a band. all time low, to be exact.

alexander william gaskarth was a heartthrob to all the fan girls who were "in love" with him.
but the songs they wished were written about them, were always about katie.

as the band became more and more popular, the less time alex was home to be with katie.
"i'll see you in six weeks," he would say.
six weeks would turn into three months.
three months would turn into half a year before katie saw him again.

she would wait around for unmade phone calls and text messages that were never sent.
every night before she went to bed she hoped he would call to say he loved her and to sleep tight, but he never did.
alex had a life outside of maryland and katie now.

but every night before alex went to sleep after a long night of performing, alex would always reach for his phone ready to dial katie's number, only to realize it was too late. and that she was already asleep.
what katie didn't know was that alex was afraid.
all he really knew was music.
alex was afraid of how he knew she was the one.

today was the day alex was returning home from tour.
he was supposed to be at her house this morning but it was night now.
she was sick of waiting, so she left.

katie laid herself down on the grassy hill in the park behind her backyard and stared up at the stars in the night sky.
that was where she first laid her bright blue eyes on his perfectly handsome face three years ago.
it was on the fourth of july and during the fireworks they had their first kiss.

they were together everyday, then and now she barley saw him.
katie started to think.
maybe she should forget about alex, he obviously forgot about her.

"is there room for two? six feet under the stars?" a familiar voice began to sing.
katie turned her head to find alex walking up the hill with that perfect grin plastered on his face.
"i don't know, you tell me," she smiled back.
alex sat down next to her with a sly smirk on his face.
he leaned in and katie smiled into his lips.

"i missed you," he said into her ear.
"i missed you too," she said, "how was tour?"
"the same as every tour. tiring."
"are you back for good?" she asked, already knowing the answer.
a small sad smile appeared on his face, "you know i can't do that katie."
"i was hoping you'd be staying for me."
"i'm sorry babe," he kissed her again. "you know the life of a rock star can be unfair."

she could never count on him.
and as long as katie adkins was in love with alex gaskarth, she knew better than to count on him for anything but love her back - from afar.

there's room for two.
six feet under the stars.