Status: Active

You Told Me This Gets Harder - Well It Did

Three. Getting Dressed.

FRANK’S POV

The next morning when I woke up I just wanted to go back to sleep. An interview. I didn’t want Gerard anxious; ‘cause unlike the one we did in our van this was on a national, albeit underground, show. That meant he would feel he had to put on a big performance and get drunk to be himself. How ironic.

I got dressed, wearing stage clothes from a few nights ago. Make it more authentic, I guess.

I called at Gerard and Mikey’s parents’ house and Mikey answered the door.

“Mikey! How are you, man? You looking forward to this?”

“Yeah! This means we’re actually getting somewhere, we gotta say the right stuff, let them know who we are.” Mikey was very into interviews when we weren’t actually doing them. It was once we got started that he clammed up, and Gerard did a lot of the talking most of the time. Well, he was the pretty one.

“How’s Gerard doing?” We exchanged a meaningful look. Oh dear.

“He’s… Well, he’s totally hammered. Talking no sense at all. I gave him a coffee or two to try and sober him up, but…”

“What’s he doing now?”

“Dressing. He’s been trying for half an hour now… Maybe you should go help him…?” Mikey raised his eyebrows at me. I think he had an idea that I liked Gerard in a way that maybe I knew wasn’t entirely correct. However, duty calls.

“If I must…” I pretended to grimace. I went into the house and found Gerard in front of his mirror, trying to put on his shirt.

“Hey, you need a hand with that?”

“Frankie? Hey!” He swayed a bit. I went to catch him and helped him dressing. My hands maybe glanced off his skin a tad more than necessary, and perhaps he didn’t need holding up quite that much, but he didn’t seem too bothered. Probably too drunk to notice anyway.

“’Kay, you look great!”

“Really? I do? Do you mean it? Really?” He batted his eyelids. Aw, Gee.

“You always do, Gerard,” I answered, truthfully. He smiled broadly and slightly dazedly and we went out to meet Mikey on the doorstep. We took my car and picked up Ray and Matt and drove down to the station.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short one.
Lame.
Haha, oh well.
=)
I like comments...?