Status: thank you all. ❤

It's A Shame I'm A Dream

Keep A Hold On Me, Don't Let Go.

Obviously, Aiden had started out jumping Skylar’s bones. He could admit honestly enough that she was extremely pretty – in a way that made him want to dump cold water on the burning parts of his body.

Two o’clock wind stung his cheeks as he walked home. The party was still going on strong, but Aiden felt as if he needed a breath of fresh air to figure this out alone. The sky was a touch lighter; he dug his hands into the pockets of his jeans, goose bumps forming on his arms from the lack of sweater.

The scene replayed in his mind once more. Those legs, those lips, that hair – those eyes, the ones he kissed, the ones he had longed for… They were definitely not Skylar’s.

What was wrong with him? Taking the body of a pretty stranger junior and lusting after the body and parts of another girl – a freshman, dead, no less? Did people even do that?

Aiden furiously kicked rocks out of his way as he tried to think about all the possible reasons why he was acting this way. Taylor had meant nothing to him when she was alive – right? She was only another girl out of the hundreds he saw every day, one of the many he spoke to and hung out with. She didn’t affect him in any particular way, his heart never raced at the sight of her, his breathing never tripped. He never ran out of things to say and he never had to spend time making sure he looked decent before seeing her.

But he’d never been in love. He’d never gone over to a girl’s house just because she said she wasn’t feeling good, never called back when the girl on the other end had hung up in anger. He’d never bought a bouquet of flowers only to see her smile, or told any girl he missed her. He’d never kissed a girl on the forehead or cheek, never gave one his sweater to wear when she was cold. He’d never texted a girl every night to wish her sweet dreams.

On the other hand, he was positive he wasn’t in love with Taylor. Just thinking about it made him scoff. Him? In love with a little freshman girl? Ha. But still, Aiden definitely couldn’t deny what she held over him, however dead and gone she was. Even if he didn’t love her, he felt some sort of protectiveness toward her, some kind of pull. And, apparently, something else as well since he’d imagined being in bed with her while with Skylar.

He didn’t know if he craved it or detested it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Stayed Up Til Midnight Last Night To Watch The Ball Drop For The First Time!
And I Woke Up At My Latest Ever - 11:00 AM. :D
Enjoy The Chapter! ♥