Missing a Human Heart

Human + Bird = Angel
Human + Vampire Bat = Vampire
Human + Wolf = Werewolf
Human + Fish = Mermaid/Merman
Human + Fox = Kitsune
Human + Horse = Centaur
Human + Goat = Faun

"Pamela! Did you read the newspaper?" I asked urgently. The headline was just so bizarre. She took one look at the papers I was holding and rolled her eyes.

"That's been on television for the past three days."

"Oh," I replied simply. I usually didn't care for watching or reading the news, but this was just too grotesque to turn a blind eye on. "So what happened exactly?" I wondered after reading the vague newspaper article.

"This one scientist accidentally turned his son into a half human, half animal creature. He practically went insane after and snatched up a whole bunch of kids, trying to figure out how to create an antidote."

"Ew..." I murmured, imagining the sickening forms a person could have with animal features... Chicken legged, giraffe necked, elephant trunk-ed people scouring the streets, what horrors that would be. "And they caught him right?"

"Yeah, they did. They found dead bodies in his basement and attic. They think everyone who was tested on died, but they couldn't find some of the bodies of people they knew were tested on," Pamela explained calmly. She smiled mockingly at me as I scrunched my face in disgust. "Don't worry about it. We live hundreds of miles away from that guy. Even if some of those half human creatures are still alive, they won't bother us."

"Hope you're right..." I muttered.