Status: Two-Shot :)

Merry Christmas, Barakat

Kat Burns

Jack told me that he may not be home for Christmas this year. Why does the "happiest" time of the year always have to be sad? I could tell by Jack's voice that he was upset about it as well. We had been talking about this for quite some time now, we were excited. That's when the tears began to fall like the Niagra Falls. I had been sitting on the couch with a blanket wrapped tightly around me, the lights dim, a cup of hot coco on the table and Frosty Returns playing on the flat screen. This was Jack's favorite Christmas movie and he wasn't here to see it. Why did all the flights have to be delayed? I took a few more sips off the steaming coco before my phone began to ring. All Time Low's Hello Brooklyn ringing out from the tiny speakers. I looked down at the caller ID and it read Jack<3. I couldn't answer it just to get more bad news. I wasn't ready for that. I let it ring as the tears kept on falling. After awhile I checked my voice mails and just listened to Jack's voice.

Hey Kat, yeah it's Jack. We just got to the airport a few minutes ago and the flight has been delayed until the storm stops. It's like a blizzard out here. I'm sorry but I don't know If I'll be able to make it home soon enough for Christmas. I love you with all my heart and I'll see you when I get home

No! The flight was delayed until the storm stopped? Snow storms like this one could last hours and we didn't have hours! I closed the phone and threw it across the room. It connected with the wall causing a loud bang but I didn't care. Why did he have to go on stupid freaking tour? Wasn't I more important than that band? I curled up into a ball and cried myself to sleep there on the living room couch.

I heard the door's lock being tampered with and jolted awake. Somebody was trying to get into the house! The door knob turned and the while door was pushed open. Oh no! I quickly pushed myself up and backed up against the arm of the chair. There was no way I could fight somebody off. Then the intruder stepped into the house and I learned it wasn't an intruder at all. It was Jack! I pushed the blanket off of my lap just as he closed the main door. My feet carried me quickly over to where he was standing and I jumped into his arms. My arms gripped around his neck and my legs around his waist, I thought if I squezzed him any harder he would pop like a balloon. I began placing kisses all over his face and neck as silent tears rolled down my cheeks. Jack was home! I pulled away and looked into his eyes. Oh how I had missed those eyes of his. He noticed the tears rolling down my cheeks and got a questioning look on his face.

" What's wrong Kat? I thought you wanted me home?" He asked worried

" I do want you home" I said breaking off before I even finished

" Then why are you crying?"

" I'm just so glad your here"

I pulled him back into a hug before having him set me back down on the ground. I led him over to the large Christmas tree that had only a few Christmas presents under it. They were Jack's. He sat down next to me at the base of the tree and smiled. He knew they were his and one thing he sure does love about Christmas is the gifts. I figured he would say " Oh Kat you didn't have to give me anything" but instead he kissed me and walked back to his bags. Where was he going? He joined me back on the floor with three wrapped items in his hands. Did he really get me something? I smiled brightly before hugging him once more and then tore the wrapping paper off. Everything was perfect. Jack had gotten me a gold locket with a picture of us kissing inside and on the outside it said "I love you". I loved it oh so much. He also got me a knew pair of earings that I had been checking out in the shopping mall for quite some time. The last thing he got me really made me smile. It was a picture frame with a picture of us when I had gone to stay with them on tour. We were sitting in the back lounge with me on his lap and his arms wrapped around my waist. Around the frame it said " Love is meant to be cherished".

We spent the rest of our Christmas watching movies and drinking hot coco. This was the really the best Christmas I had ever had in my entire life. I loved the presents but just spending it with Jack made it count.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's the end.
What do you think, eh?
Good or Bad? I want to know!

-Reno