Oneshots.

Echo

He was terrified. The thin paper walls were elegant- painted with birds of paradise and luscious women and bountiful lands and food he could only dream of. But behind those walls...There was something, a danger his father had not even named when he had left him alone in there.

His quiet footsteps seemed loud and moronic in the empty hallways. He growled angrily to himself and clung to his sword with false bravery and malice. He had to be quiet- the beast could be anywhere.

He, and his close childhood friend had been sent to the maze of truth to determine whether they were worthy as men- His father had told them there was a terrifying beast concealed within those walls and the only way to get out was to slay it before it slew him-he didn't know where his friend had gone. He was afraid it was to late for him.

There was a sudden movement and he whirled around and stared in terror at the silhouette. This was it.
He crept quietly forward, not even breathing so as not to alert whatever it was to his presence. Whatever it was, it was quite large. At least as tall as his friend.
Taking a deep breath, he steeled himself and suddenly in one fluid movement plunged the sword through the thin paper wall and straight into the heart of the beast....

Then he stepped back with a cry, dropping the hilt of the sword now imbeded in his best friends chest like it was made of hot coals. His friend turned to him and a startled look of recognition came over his face seconds before he fell to the ground.

The boy groaned and covered his face with his hands - the beast hidden behind the beautiful paper walls was him.