Sequel: Cure

Sickness

Blue

Never, in my wildest imagination, would I think that I would ever love someone other than my mom.
I always believed that because I was inflicted with AIDS, no one would ever want to go out with my, let alone love me.

God gave me yet another miracle.

Jack.

I could go on for pages about Jack. I first met him in my freshmen year in high school, and starting dating him in my sophomore year. We’ve been inseparable ever since.

It started out as an infatuation. We knew we liked each other more than friends. During my third year of high school was when I started falling for him.

“Jack?”

“Yeah, Rose?”

“Do you trust me?”

He grabbed both of my hands and put them up to his mouth. Our eyes met. His deep blue eyes, as bottomless as the ocean always made me smile and melt.

“I trust you with my life. Don’t ever think otherwise.”

“Likewise, Jack. Likewise.”

I smiled, and he let out a laugh.

“Oh, that smile is going to be the end of me someday,” he said kissing my hands.

“I love you, Jack.”

There was a pause where we both looked at each other with surprised looks on our faces., My cheeks got flushed and hot, and I looked away from him. He let go of my hands and touched my face.

“Where have you been all my life?” he breathed.

“Waiting for you.”

“Rose.”

“Yes?”

“That wasn’t a question, I just want to say your name. It’s beautiful. You’re beautiful. I love you more than life.”

I couldn’t take it anymore. I kissed him, and ran my hands through his dirty blonde hair. There is a boy, and he is holding me. He is kissing me, and he loves me. He loves me more than life.

I forgot in that moment that I had ever been sick. I felt alive here. This is me and him, him and me, and nothing really matters except us. We are chocolate and vanilla, yin and yang, harmony and melody. We are love and love.

I remember when I told Jack that I had AIDS. His words still ring through my mind to this very day.

“I’d go inside of you, rip out that disease and put it inside me. I’d die for you, Rose. But I can’t do that, so you have to promise me that you’ll fight as best you can. You’re strong, and I want you to survive. I want you to live your life as long as you can, and enjoy every minute of it.”

“Stay with me, Jack. Never leave me,” I managed to say while holding back tears.

“Never ever.”

I found love. I thought I never would. I thought I would live my whole sick life without loving.

Now, there is someone telling me not that I’ll never find love, but that he’ll never leave me because he loves me.
He loves me.
Oh, God, he loves me.
He loves me even though I have AIDS.

I would take a bullet for that boy. I’d climb mountains for him, I’d do anything for him.

But the greatest thing I found about love is this:

I know he would do the same for me.