Sequel: Cure

Sickness

Black

After some amount I time, I knew it was time for me to go home. I was going to start bawling if I had to say goodbye anymore. Jack didn’t want to leave yet, so I told him I would walk by myself. My house was only three blocks away. I would be fine.

My shoes echoed on the silent streets. I looked at my watch to check the time. 2: 30 am. Wow. I was out really late tonight.

I looked up at the black sky that was unusually filled with stars, I found my constellation, Leo, and realized that I had turned eighteen a week ago. I forgot my own birthday.

Everything is black tonight. The streets, the sky, everything.
Well, except for my heart. I know now that my heart isn’t black. I found in my life that I can love. I can care. I can cry, I can feel. I am certain that my heart is far from being black. I pray to God that it will keep beating with the love I now have for the world I live in.
Because I’m so grateful to be here right now.

When I was thirteen, AIDS started to really take over my body. I got emitted to the hospital for 3 months because it was so bad. I could barely get out of bed. This is the same condition my mother was in a couple of months ago before they finally let her out of the hospital at the end of July.

Both of us were granted a miracle. We fought and fought, and we survived. Both my mother and I still have AIDS, but it’s calmed down. We know there will be a time when it will take over our bodies again, and we will be ready to fight. And if we are not ready, then at least we know we’ve lived a life of happiness.

I stop at a crosswalk and wait for the light to turn green. There really is no point waiting since not a lot of people are driving at two in the morning, but I want to stand here for a minute and just close my eyes.

The light turns green. I begin to walk across the street when I notice two white lights coming around the corner. I turn my head just to make sure that they are slowing down. The lights start to blind me with their brightness. I continue to walk. I’ll make it in time. This crosswalk isn’t too long.

I made it. I’m on the other side. I stop and look at the car. It doesn’t seem to be slowing down. I’m glad I made it in—

Police Code:
10-43.
10-54.
11-41.
502.

Call a doctor.
Possible dead body.
Ambulance needed.
Drunk driving.