Status: I'm gonna try for two updates a month. We'll see how that goes.

Is It A Crazy House or an Orphanage?

Christmas Party.

“Two caramel lattes, one chai tea, and one peppermint hot chocolate.” Matt’s ordering for us, what a gentleman.

Mello’s being angsty, what’s new?

“Let’s grab a table,” Coke says, grabbing my hand and tugging me over towards a booth by the window.

I’m about to slid into the seat next to her, when she gives me a look. With a sigh I change course and take the seat across from her instead.

She cracks a huge smile and says, “Mello! Sit next to me.”

He shrugs and takes the seat that was going to be mine. I end up sitting next to Matt, not like there’s anything wrong with that, but watching Coke flirting her butt of with Mello is eating at my stomach. Not because I like Mello or anything! Just because she’s so annoying when she acts like this…

I take a sip of my tea.

On the Brightside Mello doesn’t seem to be very responsive to her flirting. Matt on the other hand, is laughing his little ginger ass off at pretty much everything she says.

“Hey Mello, can I try a sip of your chocolate?” Coke asks, and without waiting for a reply reaches over and grabs his drink. He doesn’t look to pleased, but doesn’t say anything.

I try and drown them out as best as possible, and end up gazing all around the coffee shop, staring at all the holiday decorations.

“We should have a Christmas party,” I say absentmindedly.

That gets there attention.

“Christmas?” Mello asks his voice full of doubt.

“Party?” Matt and Coke chorus, sounding rather excited.

“Er…” I said that out loud didn’t I? “Yeah with dancing and music.”

“And presents and food!” Coke seems pretty on board for this idea.

“I doubt Roger would ever let us have one,” Mello says. What a killjoy.

“So? Watari will definitely say yes!”

“What makes you think that?”

“Because he’s like the coolest old dude ever,” Coke says in a ‘duh’ tone.