Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

Childhood Memories.

We walked hand in hand together in the front door to the O'Callaghan house to see Mrs. O'Callaghan standing there. She smiled at me.

"Anny, some guests are here to see you" she smiled and led us to the living room. There waiting for me on the O'Callaghan's couch was Emily Moore, my aunt/ new mother, her son I instantly recognized as Parker, we had great childhood memories together, and some boy I didn't recognize at all. Parker and I gasped at each other.

"No way. Anny?!" he grinned. I jumped into his arms, and he spun me around. I kissed him on the cheek.

"Parker!" I reacted. "I missed you so much"

"Damn it Anny, you look so different. But good different of course." he observed, looking at me from head to toe, grinning. John cleared his throat.

"Hi Aunt Emily!" I greeted her with a friendly hug.

"Nice to see you dear! It seems like you've been taken in by a wonderful family, and soon you'll be a part of ours in Scottsdale!" she chimed. We pulled away. "Oh, and this is Will, Parker's friend" she introduced. I waved at him shyly.

"Hey" was all he said with a wave back.

"And this is my boyfriend, John" I told them, taking his hand. He smiled and waved at my family.

"Hope you've been taking care of our sweetheart, Anny" she teased giving him a warm smile.

"I have been, and always will Mrs. Moore" he smiled at her weakly.

"And just so you know, you seem like a sweet boy, you can drop by whenever you like. We're even getting Anny here a car so she can come down to Tempe and see this wonderful family of yours. It's just Parker's old truck. It's not much, but it's something. It's definitely more than that piece of junk she's got sitting in that prick's driveway" she told us. I grinned up at John, who was also grinning.

Memories of childhood came flooding back. Playing with Parker, our mothers, still only in they're late 20's. Gossiping about the girls they knew, and what the latest fashion was these days, and our father's barbecuing steaks together, and sharing laughs, Ames wasn't born yet, and neither was Parker's little sister, Alycia.

"See, I told you it would all work out"

&&&

Aunt Em, Parker and Will stayed for an early dinner at the O'Callaghan's it was about a 2 hour drive back to Scottsdale, and they wanted to get home before dark. I exchanged numbers with Parker and Will before they left, and they told me that they'd see me in 2 months. John didn't look very happy about it either. I sighed.

After that, John and I listened to music, and cuddled in his room. I yawned. He kissed my head.

"Tired babe?" I nodded and got up, but he pulled me back.

"Just... stay here tonight" he pleaded.

"John, you're mom will freak" I replied.

"No she won't. She loves you. She knows you wouldn't do anything" he replied giving me his crooked grin, that I was very fond of, topped off with puppy dog eyes. I gave up.

"Fine!" I sighed. He grinned again, and pulled me into a peck, he threw me onto his bed, and jumped beside me. He pulled the covers over us.

" 'Night babe" he smirked.

"Goodnight John" I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading,
Hope you enjoyed
-Kennedy