Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

Welcome To The Band, John.

Anny's POV

"Uh, hey man. My name is Pat Kirch" the boy started. "I'm a drummer for this band called 'The Maine'. We're indie rock. Look, um-"

"Cut to the chase man!" one shouted from behind him.

"That's the band, the manager and my brother Tim, the one with the red hair is Jared on guitar, Kennedy on guitar and back-up vocals, doing vocals right now, and Garrett on bass. Look, we really need a singer and we heard your voice up their man. You're beast. Please consider joining the band" the guy told John. John looked at him with a grin.

"Of course I'll join your band! I love indie rock. I love to sing" he told the guy.

"Alright sweet! Next practice is on Friday, see you then... what's your name?"

"John O'Callaghan" John replied. He turned to his bandmates.

"Guys! We just got us some vox!" he called. The group of boys jumped in success. "See you Friday John!"

"Alright, see you Friday Pat" he responded happily as Pat walked away. He turned to me with a huge grin upon his face. He picked me up, spun me around, and planted a kiss on my lips. "I'm in a band babe!"

"I know! I'm so proud of you Johnny boy!" I told him, and pecked his lips. "This has always been your dream! Just promise when you're touring the world, and I'm stuck down her in Tempe, you won't forget about me"

"Never baby, never"

&&&

Friday

We walked up to the house, hand in hand to where the directions Pat gave us, led us. It was a average sized house. John rang the doorbell, and the door swung open to reveal Pat.

"Hey Johnny! Come on in. Our setup's in the garage" he told me. "Oh, sorry. That was rude. I'm Pat. I play drums" he smiled at me.

"Anny. John's girlfriend" I told him.

"Sweet. So I assume you'll be coming to most of the practices?"

"Don't assume. It makes an ass out of u and me" I teased. "I'm actually moving to Scottsdale with my cousin and Aunt in a month"

"Oh really? If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your parents?" he asked.

"I rather not talk about it" I replied.

"Okay, fair enough. Let's start up some tunes!" he said leading us to the garage. He handed John some lyrics and a guitar. "Here, see if you can figure out how this song goes. Play it on a guitar, and when you think you're ready, you can start singing. You can bring the lyrics up while we're playing too if you want"

John just nodded and played a couple of chords on the guitar. I looked at the sheet music and guitar.

"Play the music" I ordered, as he started to play, I started to sing, and figure out the notes. Then John started to sing along.

I fell asleep last night.
Where I woke up too late.
And everything I loved.
I began to hate.

I know I sound repetitive,
Cause I'm repeating myself,
And I'm competitive,
I want you all by yourself.
And that alone is just the problem,
I've got these woes,
And I just can't solve them.
If I could gather up the nerve,
I'd put my feelings into words,
And if I weren't so young, or stupid, or restless,
I might be able to just soon forget this.
Just forget this.

Please just forget me,
When I'm out all alone on the east coast.
And please don't forgive me,
When you're home all alone and you need me most.

Oh if I only had the heart,
To find out exactly who you are,
You know I'd try now.
But it's just fine,
No you can't save me,
It's no fault but mine,
Please just blame me.
If I could gather up the nerve,
I'd put my feelings into words,
And if I weren't so young, or stupid, or restless,
I might be able to just soon forget this.
Just forget this.

If I only had the heart, the nerve, the words, you'd think by now I would have learned


"Wow" Kennedy spoke as they all stared at us. "You guys are good"

John and I just sat there will big goofy grins on our faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!
Comment!
-Kennedy