Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

Getting Closer.

Another month past. John's band, The Maine, was doing great, I got to know all the guys, the became like brothers to John and I. I was still the best of friends with Christine, but in just a couple of days I would be off to Scottsdale with Aunt Em, Parker and Alycia.

I knew my new friends here in Tempe weren't very happy about it, but I tried to spend as much time as I could with them and like I said many times, promised I would stay in touch. I couldn't stay in the O'Callaghan house forever, and had no money to pay for anything myself. I was so grateful for everything that the O'Callaghan's did for me, but moving in with my Aunt was something I had to do. I missed having an actually family, and these were relatives who knew everything about me, and my past. I didn't have to explain a thing to them, and they still loved me unconditionally.

John, Christine and I walked out of the school, John and I hand in hand. "Are you coming to band practice?" he asked me.

"Oh, crap. I completely forgot. I can't John, I still have a lot to pack, I'm sorry" I frowned. He gave me a weak smile.

"I understand" he said kissing me gently on the lips and releasing my hand from his. "See you at home. See you, Christine" I smiled at him and waved before he hopped into his car. Christine turned to me.

"Do you need anything? Help with packing? More boxes? I'd be glad to help. I don't really feel like going home, everything has been so hectic. Mom and Dad are never home anymore, to occupied with work, and the kids are always running around, luckily Mom hired a babysitter so I'm not stuck there the whole day. She says she wants me to be free while I'm young" Christine explained.

"Your mom seems cool, except for the fact she's never home. If you wanna help out, you're gonna have to give me a ride, I came with John, but I think he forgot that. I don't want to bother Mrs. O'Callaghan either" I told her. She nodded.

"Alright. What do you need help with?" she questioned, leading us to her jeep.

"Just putting things into boxes for now, and getting everything organized. Nothing we can't handle"

&&&

We got to the O'Callaghan house, and ascended up the stairs. I led Christine to my disastrous room. My once perfectly clean room, slowly faded into a complete mess. Since I was moving, I had different things, sorted into different piles around the room. Christine's eyes widened.

"Anny, it's horrible in here! How do you live in this?"

"Eh, you get used to it after a while" I handed her a box with the title "Desk" written across it with a black sharpie marker. "Put everything on the desk, or in the desk drawers in this box" I ordered her. She made her way over to the white desk, and started to toss things into the medium sized box. She sighed.

"I just can't believe your moving, Anny. I only met you two months ago, and you're already leaving me, you're my only girl friend. I can't talk to John about slut and hoes, shoes and boys! It just doesn't feel right" she ranted.

"I'm sorry Chris, I have to. There's just something about it that makes me feel great. Ecstatic, loved, happy. It's the best feeling in the world"

"But you are loved here Anny, by so many people. You may not see it, but it's true" she told me with a weak smile.

"I know that, and I love those many back, but these are real relatives, it's a new life, and I can start all over. Make new friends, and keep the old" I smiled.

"I'm really gonna miss you" she smiled back.

"Ditto" I told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Comment! : )