Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

A New Home.

I started to shed a tear as I chucked the last box into my aunt's truck. Everyone had weak smiles playing on their faces, but it was obvious that was their cover up for holding onto the waterworks. Well, the ones I knew well at least. Christine, John, and the rest of the band had spent the whole week hanging out and having a good time, now it was over. Sure we'd hang out again, but it'd never be the same.

Once I said goodbye to everyone, I was in a full blown tear session, and I still had to say goodbye to John, which I knew would be the hardest. I made my way over to him, and hugged him, never wanting to let go.

"I'm gonna miss you so much. I love you, Anny" he told me with a smile.

"I love you too John. Come to visit me, okay? And I'll come to visit too" I replied kissing him on the lips. We hugged for what felt like forever, until my aunt cleared her throat.

"Uh, you should get going" John said skeptically, pulling apart, and releasing my hand from his slowly. I nodded, and more tears came spilling out of my eyes. I got into the car with Aunt Em in the driver's seat, Parker in the passenger's and Alycia and I in the back seats.

&&&

My aunt's car pulled up to the house, it was a average sized house for a family, and my aunt had boughten it after she got divorced. It had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and living room, dining room, and kitchen, and a basement.

"Well, here's your new home sweetheart! Aren't you excited?!" Aunt Em chimed as she got out of the drivers seat and opened up the trunk. Parker, Aunt Em, and I all started to fill our hands with boxes.

"You're gonna love your room!" Parker smiled. "We redid it as soon as we heard you were moving in. It's not all fancy, but it still looks nice, I think it would suit you"

I grinned and put the box down as we got to my room. "How did you get these pictures?!" I asked, referring to the ones pinned to the wall, of Parker and I when we were kids.

"My mom had them. I hope you like the bedroom, all of us pitched in" he told me.

"Wow, Parker, this is amazing!" I told him, just then Aunt Em came in with boxes and dropped them to the ground, and Alycia holding a small box, also put it on the floor. "Thank you guys so much!" I hugged them all.

"Your welcome honey! We're glad to have you in our home! Parker, Alycia, help Anny carry the boxes up here and unpack, I'm gonna start on dinner"

"Okay, mom" Parker replied.

&&&

After a while, we got everything unpacked, and then ate dinner. It was nice to have a family dinner, and my aunt was always the one with the great cooking skills. She loved to cook, and bake whatever she could. Tonight she was making meatloaf.

"So Alycia, how was school?" Aunt Em asked.

"It was good mommy, I love my friends, we have fun everyday! We play princesses! But there's one little boy, named Tommy, he's always stealing my crayons!" she exclaimed. I smiled.

"Oh, don't worry kiddo. He's only doing that because he has a crush on you" Parker told her.

"Ew! Tommy have a crush on me?! No way Parker!" she replied disgusted. Aunt Em, Parker and I chuckled.

"Trust me Aly, once you get to high school like Anny and I, you'll be missing the days Tommy stole your crayons" Parker laughed, shoving another forkful of meatloaf into his mouth.

"Which reminds me, Anny, we'll be enrolling you in the same school as Parker, Sir Bennett High School, tomorrow, then we'll prepare you for it, get all your school supplies and everything, and then you'll start on Monday" Aunt Em announced. I nodded.

I wonder what I'd be treated like at this school...