Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

Turned Your Back.

As soon as I shut the door, back from school, I heard loud footsteps coming towards me.

"You!" he started pointing at me. "Dinner by 7, if not, you know what happens" he told me, and made his way out slamming the door.

"Anny, I'm scared" Amy cried.

"It's okay Ames, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you" I assured her. She nodded

"What about you?" she asked. I sighed.

"I don't know, Amy"

I went over to the kitchen pulling out the ingredients for a casserole. I started to put things here and there. For dinner, everything must be perfect, the table must be set, just the way he wants it, the dishes must be clean, the food must taste exactly right.

&

7:00 came around and the door opened. I stood there still in my apron. He sat down, looking around, satisfied. At least for now. I placed the casserole in front of him. He looked at it. "Well?" he asked. I took a knife and cut if for him, then place it onto the plate. He grabbed his fork and knife, and started to dig it.

"Your good for tonight" he told me eying me. "You can go"

I took off the apron and folded it, putting it back, as well as the oven mitts. I walked upstairs. to check on Amy. I watched her as she played with her dolls. "You okay Ames?" I asked.

"I'm fine Anny" she told me. I could tell there was something bothering her.

&&

I walked into Brookland High School the next day. As always, I walked straight to my locker and my classes. As I slammed my locker shut, I heard someone call me name. I looked around, and spotted the person, it was John. He ran over.

"Hey Br- I mean, Anny"

"Uh, hey John" I replied.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tonight, as friends of course" he asked.

"That'd be nice John, but no thank you. I can't"

"What? Why not?"

"I have to pick my sister up after school, and my, uh, dad will be at home waiting for me"

"Well you could go home first, then come out with me" he suggested.

"I can't John"

"You know, if you don't want to just tell me"

"Look, I said I'd like to, but I really can't. Really" I said with frustration.

"Please?" he asked.

"If I say yes, will you please stop bugging me?" I asked.

"Yes"

"Fine"

&&&

"Amy, I'm just gonna go out for a little bit, there's the phone if you need anything, don't let him hurt you Amy" I whispered. She nodded.

"Okay Anny, come home soon"

"I will baby" I told her. I went to the window, luckily there was a tree right in front of it. I jumped to the tree, and jumped down, I told John to park a block away. I looked for a green jeep like he told me. I looked around, and spotted it. I ran to it, and got in.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey, I can't be gone long. Where are we going?" I asked.

"I was thinking for ice cream?"

"Yeah, okay. But like I said, I can't be long" I told him, my head hung low and my voice very quiet.

"Uh, sure" he said starting the car and driving off.

3rd person-

The man burst into his youngest daughter's room, slurring, with a beer in his hand. "Where's your sister?" he asked.

"I-I don't know" the girl said afraid.

"Where is she?!" the man yelled a second time.

"Really, I swear! I don't know!" she said covering her face with her hands. He pulled her wrist and the little girl winced in pain. She slowly grabbed the phone from behind her, and dialed the only phone number, stuck in her brain, into the phone behind her back. It rang and rang...

Hi, this is Breanne O'Connor. The beams coming, you know the rest, thanks, bye her sister's familiar voice said, as the man swung the little girl by the wrist, she screamed.

With Breanne:

I laughed as John made another joke. It was only a couple minute drive to the ice cream parlor, he was such a nice guy, but how could I keep such secrets from him?

I slid my phone out of my pocket and looked at it, 1 Missed Call: House. Shit. I entered my voicemail, when I did, I heard a piercing scream.

"No, Amy, no" I cried, rushing out of the parlor.

"Wait! Where are you going?!" he asked.

"I'm sorry John, but we just can't be friends" I yelled from across the street. I ran as fast as my legs could take me to our house. Only 2 more blocks.

I burst through the door, seeing Amy, beat, bruised, bleeding and unconscious.

"You monster! What have you done to her?!"

"Really? I think you're the monster here. You shouldn't have snuck out. Leaving the poor girl alone. What a shame this is what she had to go through, all for you, all because you left, you turned your back from a couple minutes, but now look what it's come too" he told me. "Better hope she's okay Mom"

My legs gave out and I fell to my knees and broke down in tears as my sister's body just lay there. I dialed 911, and reported an unconscious body, I couldn't tell them who or what it was, then I'd end up just like that, with no one saving me, no chance of living again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, it's new, so tell me if you like it!