Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

Just Forgive Him.

I walked into the venue that the boys were playing at. It was a sunny day, and people were scattered, waiting for the band to come out. I was so proud of them, all of them. Even though there was some bad mojo with John and I at the moment, he worked hard, and he deserved for him and his band's music to be heard.

I made my way over to backstage, I was about to walk through, but venue security stopped me.

"Excuse me miss, who are you? You're not allowed backstage" the man told me.

"I'm a friend of the band's" I replied.

"Oh really? What proof do you have?" he asked smugly. Suddenly, Garrett came out from backstage grinning. He hugged me.

"Hey girl! We're so glad you came! We were afraid you were gonna be a no show!" a grin played on his lips. He smiled at security and led me back, I smirked at the man, and he glared at me.

"Yeah, well I'm proud of you guys. I'm gonna get the whole thing on video" I winked. He chuckled.

"Aw, thanks Anny!" he responded. I smiled.

"No problem, I'm behind The Maine every step of the way!" I giggled.

"Even John?" he questioned curiously.

"Even John" I nodded.

"You're fixing things with him tonight" he smirked.

"I don't know Gar" I told him skeptically.

"It wasn't a question, it was an order" he told me. "All jokes aside, he's been pretty miserable ever since the incident. He doesn't even think he'll be able to perform tonight, and trust me, I'm not putting words in his mouth. Those were his exact words. He hasn't even been doing well at practice. He's been forgetting lyrics, he's been off tune, his voice has been groggy. It's been bad. There's nothing we can do about it except keep encouraging him. Now you on the other hand, can turn his world upside down"

"Oh really?" I chuckled.

"Yes. Also, he has a surprise for you tonight. You'll like it"

"Ugh, I hate surprises" I grimaced.

"Nah, you'll love this one. Trust me"

&&&

The Maine ran up on stage to their instrument.

"Uh, hey guys! My name is John O'Callaghan, that back there on bass is Garrett Nickelsen, those two over on guitar are Kennedy Brock and Jared Monaco, and on the drums is Pat Kirch, and we are The Maine" he introduced them. The crowd went wild. "This is our very first gig, so please don't hate! Anyways, this first song is called 'If Only I Had The Heart'"

They broke out into song, and the crowd was going crazy, everyone loved them. After they finished the song, John spoke again.

"Thank you! Thank you! Now this next song is for a very special girl in my life. Hopefully she is here tonight. This is my way of saying sorry, and I love you to her. This song is called 'Into Your Arms' "he announced. The people screamed again.

I'm falling in love, but it's falling apart. I need to find my way back to the start, when we were in love, oh things were better than they are. Let me back into, into your arms

I grinned. I'd been feeling grumpy all week, but listening to this song completely lightened me up, and suddenly I felt that I trusted John, and I was ready to forgive him. After he finished his eyes landed on me.

"That song was for Anny O'Connor. She is here tonight, everyone, give it up for Anny O'Connor!" he shouted into the mic.

I smiled and blushed. "Please forgive me Anny, I love you. I would never, ever cheat on someone as special as you"

The crowd was making 'ooh' and 'aw' sounds, and my face was a million shades of red.

"Forgive him!" they chanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for writing!
Feedback is appreciated! : )
-Kennedy

Anny's outfit